• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 19, 2015

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
...Is that Kirby staying stable, if not rising slightly in chart placement? Didn't expect that.

Bruno MB

So much for Puzzle & Dragons Z + Super Mario Edition having legs, it's already out of the top 40 while even Kirby managed to climb up 2 places. I was so wrong with regards to this title, I thought it could have good legs due to its genre and its affordable price.

Kirby rising two spots is interesting. People realised it's finally out?

Man, what a botched release from Nintendo. Not a single shred of marketing anywhere...

Hasney

So PCars sold more on PS4 despite it being bundled with MCC on Xbone? That's a great performance for that game on PS4.

Well it's not in all XB1 bundles, but for anyone who shopped around, it was in ShopTo and Games best bundles.

So much for Puzzle & Dragons Z + Super Mario Edition having legs, it's already out of the top 40 while even Kirby managed to climb up 2 places. I was so wrong with regards to this title, I thought it could have good legs due to its genre and its affordable price.

It could have if anyone knew it was out. Nintendo really have to think these things through.

Xando

Or self-fulfilling prophecy? Well, perhaps we will get a share ratio of digital and physical combined to see if the advantage of PS4 retail translates into digital aswell.

The harsh split certainly wasn't like that for the original game, nor many other games. I think the reality is that the late announcement meant many had already decided to buy digital, or weren't aware of the retail version. And availability was likely lower as many stores will have already made stocking decisions earlier on before XBO version was announced. Just my hunch.

I just wish the charts included digital purchases. It would make things so much more interesting - and better reflect reality. I remember when this was put together recently for the UK and showed Cities Skylines at the top spot, and Ori in the Top 10. Tells us so much more about the market than just retail boxes shifted through retail stores.
Bethesda had some kind of data that suggested it's not worth a retail box at first (whether that is higher digital or overall lower sales, i don't know). The late announcement might have worsened the ratio but i think bethesda expected it wouldn't do too hot on retail XB1.

Chobel

In some shit bundles. I mean, what are you going to get at Game... £349.99 with PCars, or £319.99 with GTA V and Witcher 3?

Yeah, no one is gonna buy that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW do we have any estimates of how much Pcars sold in its first week?

Top Bottom