• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 39, 2015

noobie

Banned
I don't think this is true at all..for that to happen x1 would have to start outselling ps4, and as far as I know it's not happened. Didn't sony say ps4 was #1 in UK first 6 months this year? Doubt that will change.,

I think it can happen. Suppose Previously PS4 sold 130 and XB1 sold 100
so the ratio will be PS4 1.3 : 1 XBI

Now this year PS4 sold 105 and XB1 sold 100
Total will be 235:200
which will be
PS4 1.17 : 1 XB1..

So PS4 still won this year but with a much smaller margin.. Which will keep all the statements true. :)

Conduit

Banned

which will be

So PS4 still won this year but with a much smaller margin.. Which will keep all the statements true. :)

Still waiting MS's 2 mil. announcement.

Funny seeing all the skylanders "bomba" posts. They never sell FIFA numbers, the money is made in the toys. You sell one game and then make 4x more selling bits of plastic for it over the next 12 months. With that business model, you keep your box copy disc expectations measured, because how could you even hope to supply FIFA-esque sales with the toys needed to play?

Guymelef

I don't think that PS4 is loosing margin wih XBO in UK...

-9 SEP 2014 PS4 sales pass 1 million in UK.
-21 NOV 2014 XBO sales pass 1 million in UK.

73 days.

-5 MAY 2015 PS4 sales pass 2 million in UK
150 days and still no 2M XBO mark announcement.

noobie

Banned
I don't think that PS4 is loosing margin wih XBO in UK...

-9 SEP 2014 PS4 sales pass 1 million in UK.
-21 NOV 2014 XBO sales pass 1 million in UK.

73 days.

-5 MAY 2015 PS4 sales pass 2 million in UK
150 days and still no 2M XBO mark announcement.

I still think thats not a very good measurement. We all know that the amount of hardware moved in last quarter (Oct-Dec) is equal to the amount of hardware moved in (Jan-Sep).

so 51 of 73 days are of the last quarter when sales are really brisk for all system. 150 of 150 days belong to first three quarter where sales are much lower.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Solid sales for FIFA even is down YOY... wonder who will win first week, COD or FIFA?
Last year AW sold some like 790,000, Black Ops III should do better...

noobie

Banned
Solid sales for FIFA even is down YOY... wonder who will win first week, COD or FIFA?
Last week AW sold some like 790,000, Black Ops III should do better...

You are expecting more than 25% boast in BO3 sales over the last game... Thats asking a lot i believe especially when i think PS3 and XB360 sales will be down due to an incomplete game and may be not all players move to new gen in the first week.

viHuGi

Banned

Black Ops 3 should do way better, and now that PS4 is probably fast approaching 30m in sales and we are getting into holiday and Cod is being bundled, i think it will do huge numbers.

Also Xbox One owners seem to like Cod alot so i expect game to sell alot there aswel even with Halo and Star Wars competition.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
You are expecting more than 25% boast in BO3 sales over the last game... Thats asking a lot i believe especially when i think PS3 and XB360 sales will be down due to an incomplete game and may be not all players move to new gen in the first week.

... I don't said BO III is gonna outsell FIFA... i just write "wonder who will win first week, COD or FIFA?".

Anyway, i think FIFA will win.

Steroyd

Fifa easily, while I do think that because it's called BLOPS III will make a positive difference compared to Ghosts and Advanced Warfare, last gen Fifa 16 still accounted for nearly a 1/5th of sales, and I think no SP campaign in last Gen COD will have an impact, because no matter how much disdain people have for the SP, around 25-30% of people who bother to sync their trophies and achievements online do complete it.

Alo0oy

Banned
I still think thats not a very good measurement. We all know that the amount of hardware moved in last quarter (Oct-Dec) is equal to the amount of hardware moved in (Jan-Sep).

so 51 of 73 days are of the last quarter when sales are really brisk for all system. 150 of 150 days belong to first three quarter where sales are much lower.

Late November & December account for the vast majority of Q4 sales, though. So not only did it have the majority of last year's holidays, but approximately nine additional months this year as well to pass the 2m mark.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
According to Zhuge PS4 and XB1 have sold over 3,700,000 by half of June 2015, and PS4 was over 2,000,000 by starting of May... that's should mean XB1 was at 1.6-1.65 million or so.
I think XB1 is very close with 2 million, it should pass those numbers by october.

Alo0oy

Banned
According to Zhuge PS4 and XB1 have sold over 3,700,000 by half of June 2015, and PS4 was over 2,000,000 by starting of May... that's should mean XB1 was at 1.6-1.65 million or so.
I think XB1 is very close with 2 million, it should pass those numbers by october.

I think it will by the time Halo 5 launches, that should be a huge week for XB1.

Mory Dunz

Probably can't declare much about Skylanders until Christmas.

DK and Bowser probably helped the Wii U version. Maybe Nintendo should do more of that for family games like this and Lego.

which will be

But the overall gap keeps widening so your logic holds no water. Even if the gap slowed this year, which we have no proof of, the overall gap would still be wider thus a bigger discrepancy...I think you are making too many assumptions based on 1 games splits. We also don;t know the digital sales.

Without DD sales it just going to get harder to work stuff out .
And it only going to get worst as time goes on so it best not to try and work out stuff with only disc sales.

I love when Disney Infinity 3.0 launched at all formats in an quiet week being beaten by Gears of War and Until Dawn nobody batted an eyelid but when Skylanders is outsold by Fifa, Destinee and Forza it is all the sky is falling.

Probably can't declare much about Skylanders until Christmas.

DK and Bowser probably helped the Wii U version. Maybe Nintendo should do more of that for family games like this and Lego.
Bowser is Wii and 3DS versions only (which are completely different games more akin to Mario Kart to sweeten this cynical splitting of figures) while DK is Wii U version only.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
XB1 +14%
PS4 + 13%

Game Over Sony..
PS4 is dead
in UK.

Xbox One: 36%
Xbox 360: 13%
49%

Xbox 360 (30%) - 288,300
Xbox One (22%) - 211,420
52%

360 owners switching to PS4

12 (15) XBO CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
16 (23) XBO TITANFALL (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

WHAT YEAR IS IT?!

Nice to see Forza holding there, those always have long legs, even though they don't sell like crazy.

Does UK numbers include bundles?

Well, selling a lot and selling consistently are two different things...

Forza has always had good legs in the UK, I think some of its chartings in other European countries are quite positive too given how XB1 is doing there.

I think its a good hold for the game

Italy:
1) PES 2016 D1 (PS4)
2) PES 2016 D1 (PS3)
3) Destiny: Il Re dei Corrotti Edizione Leggendaria (PS4)
4) Forza Motorsport 6 (XOne)
5) PES 2016 D1 (X360)
6) PES 2016 D1 (XOne)
7) Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain D1 (PS4)
8) Super Mario Maker + Artbook (Wii U)
9) Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 20th Anniversary Edition (PS4)
10) Destiny: Il Re dei Corrotti Edizione Leggendaria (XOne

http://multiplayer.it/notizie/15678...ane-della-settimana-14-20-settembre-2015.html)

btw doesnt MS have a partnership with EA for FIFA in Europe? do MS launch any special bundle for FIFA in UK? or is that partnership over?

UK gets a FIFA bundle comes with console, game and EA access trial for around £300. Not sure how much of a benefit MS get from this bundle though as you can get a PS4 1TB with FIFA (steel box edition) for the same price.

Edit: just seen the Xbox, Fifa, forza and titanfall bundle above. Some great deals around, Christmas deals will be crazy, if this is what you can get in September.

Xando

UK gets a FIFA bundle comes with console, game and EA access trial for around £300. Not sure how much of a benefit MS get from this bundle though as you can get a PS4 1TB with FIFA (steel box edition) for the same price.

Do they show ads in the UK? All the Fifa ads i've seen here in germany were for PS4 retailer (Amazon, Media Markt and Saturn) bundles but suprisingly low official EA/MS ads compared to the last years.

Do they show ads in the UK? All the Fifa ads i've seen here in germany were for PS4 retailer (Amazon, Media Markt and Saturn) bundles but suprisingly low official EA/MS ads compared to the last years.

Yeah they show ads in the UK, i guess lack of market share for MS in Germany has a lot to do with the lack of ads. I have noticed in the last few weeks MS have started showing a lot more ads in the UK Forza, FIFA etc.

retailer adds for theire products =/ publisher and platform holder adds for theire games

i saw both. do you watch Bundesliga on sky? many xbox fifa 16 adds

Kathian

Banned
Are we sure it went down? There was an astronomical switch over to current gen which has around 5 times or more the digital sales as last gen for most titles.

Its always hard to tell this. I'd argue possibly annualised games are not as digital driven as customers are in the habit of buying the game (the box art discussion extends beyond the likes of GAF for FIFA for example) but at the end of the day we just don't know.

Italy:
1) PES 2016 D1 (PS4)
2) PES 2016 D1 (PS3)
3) Destiny: Il Re dei Corrotti Edizione Leggendaria (PS4)
4) Forza Motorsport 6 (XOne)
5) PES 2016 D1 (X360)
6) PES 2016 D1 (XOne)
7) Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain D1 (PS4)
8) Super Mario Maker + Artbook (Wii U)
9) Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 20th Anniversary Edition (PS4)
10) Destiny: Il Re dei Corrotti Edizione Leggendaria (XOne

http://multiplayer.it/notizie/15678...ane-della-settimana-14-20-settembre-2015.html)

Do we know how the xbox one is performing in Italy?

Hasney

Doubt it more likely due to more competition as Lego joining in also weird to see the Wii U version beating the PS4 version.

People want their Nintendo figures!

But yeah, you're right. Infinity, Lego and Skylanders in one year along with more and more Amiibo.

Koralsky

So the FIFA '16 split is 56-44 in favor of PS4. Which is actually a pretty good split for XBO if we look to the splits of other big releases that has come out this year. So whatever MS has done for FIFA in the UK this year has worked, still is going to get destroyed in the other Euro countries tho.

It’s worth mentioning, that FIFA 16 is part of official Xbox One bundle in UK. MS also have the marketing and exclusive XBO mode.

noobie

Banned
It’s worth mentioning, that FIFA 16 is part of official Xbox One bundle in UK. MS also have the marketing and exclusive XBO mode.

So extra exclusive mode helped them to convert more X360 sales into XBO sales. rather than losing them to PS4. Not Bad

So extra exclusive mode helped them to convert more X360 sales into XBO sales. rather than losing them to PS4. Not Bad

Not really that exclusive mode has been in every xbone version of fifa since fifa 14

The convert in sales probably happened since the fifa xbox advert was played on every ad break on any of the sky sports channels

Hasney

The UK is one of the most Nintendo-apathetic regions in the world, Amiibo has little say in the toys-to-life market here.

Eh, they still manage to sell out constantly so they're doing enough to beat Nintendos expectations, whatever they are.

Sep 29 - 6:08 AM EST Amazon UK : Yoshi Out of Stock
Sep 29 - 1:57 AM EST Amazon UK : Yoshi In Stock for £9.85

Bastard Yoshi! I will get you one day.

Steroyd

I wouldn't make that type pf judgement based on a sports game, even though we've seen quite a number of titles sell 2:1 in favour of PS4 over the year, Battlefield Hardline enjoyed a similarly close split as well, and if anything sports and shooters has been Xbox's notable bread and butter for years, I'd throw the racing genre into that concoction but apparently Forza cannibalises other racing game sales on the system all year round.

Loudninja

Norway Week 35
  1. DISNEY INFINITY 3.0
  2. UNTIL DAWN
  3. MINECRAFT
  4. GRAND THEFT AUTO V
  5. LEGO JURASSIC WORLD
  6. GEARS OF WAR: ULTIMATE EDITION
  7. FIFA 15
  8. WATCH DOGS
  9. THE SIMS 4
  10. LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES

Norway week 36
  1. METAL GEAR SOLID V
  2. MAD MAX
  3. DISNEY INFINITY 3.0
  4. UNTIL DAWN
  5. MINECRAFT
  6. GRAND THEFT AUTO V
  7. LEGO JURASSIC WORLD
  8. FIFA 15
  9. THE SIMS 4
  10. FAR CRY 4

Norway week 37
  1. METAL GEAR SOLID V
  2. SUPER MARIO MAKER
  3. DISNEY INFINITY 3.0
  4. MAD MAX
  5. GRAND THEFT AUTO V
  6. MINECRAFT
  7. UNTIL DAWN
  8. THE SIMS 4
  9. LEGO JURASSIC WORLD
  10. FIFA 15
http://angi-nordic.com/nsm/nsm/topplister/

Loudninja

Sweden chart

1.FIFA 16 (PS4)
2.FIFA 16 (XBO)
3.FIFA 16 (PS3)
4.FIFA 16 (360)
5.NHL 16 (PS4)
6.FIFA 16 (PC)
7.Skylanders: Superchargers (PS3)
8.NHL 16 (XBO)
9.Skylanders: Superchargers (360)
10.Super Mario Maker (WiiU)
11.Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4)
12.Skylanders: Superchargers (WiiU)
13.Forza Motorsport 6 (XBO)
14.Destiny: The Taken King (PS4)
15.Skylanders: Superchargers (Wii)
16.Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)
17.Skylanders: Superchargers (PS4)
18.The Sims 4 (PC)
19.NHL 16 (360)
20.NBA 2K16 (PS4)
http://feber.se/spel/art/335843/svenska_speltoppen_vecka_39/

Finland chart
NYT EDELL TOP10 JULKAISIJA PEGI
1 UUSI FIFA 16 (PC PS3 PS4 X360 X1) ELECTRONIC ARTS 3
2 1 NHL 16 (PS4 X1) ELECTRONIC ARTS 12
3 5 MINECRAFT (PC PS3 PS4 PSV X360 X1) MICROSOFT / SONY CEE 7
4 UUSI SKYLANDERS SUPERCHARGERS (3DS PS3 PS4 WII WIIU X360 X1) ACTIVISION BLIZZARD 7
5 3 METAL GEAR SOLID 5: THE PHANTOM PAIN (PC PS3 PS4 X360 X1) KONAMI 18
6 2 NHL LEGACY EDITION (PS3 X360) ELECTRONIC ARTS 12
7 8 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (PC PS3 PS4 X360 X1) TAKE 2 18
8 4 DESTINY: THE TAKEN KING (PS3 PS4 X360 X1) ACTIVISION BLIZZARD 16
9 UUSI NBA 2K16 (PC PS3 PS4 X360 X1) TAKE 2 3
10 6 FORZA MOTORSPORT 6 (X1) MICROSOFT 3
http://www.figma.fi/index.php/top-10

Top Bottom