• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 46, 2015

Ryng_tolu

Banned
I think Battlefront is in a special circumstance though, it's undoubtedly going to get another quite large boost around the time of the film.

I do agree under 300k for BF would be disappointing for it, but so are the player counts. At the moment there's 120k on Battlefront and just under 40k on BF4 despite BF4 being a 2 year old game with a sequel (if hardline counts lol).

Yeah, Battlefront will definitively sell well This Holidays, but i don't know... We will See, i just think 250-300k seem low FW for Battlefront.

Some pretty high numbers being bandied about for Battlefront.

I'd go with low 200k. If it even hits that. There's hype behind it, no doubt about it, but there's not a crazy level of hype yet either. As mentioned, it'll truly hit its stride in December after the movie hits.

Hasney

In an hour.

Usually between 9 and 10, so give it a couple depending on when they get around to it.

I'd go with low 200k. If it even hits that. There's hype behind it, no doubt about it, but there's not a crazy level of hype yet either. As mentioned, it'll truly hit its stride in December after the movie hits.

Eh, if it doesn't beat Batman, that will have to hurt.

gtj1092

Going with 305K.

On the subject of player counts I think they might be a little misleading. Star wars is more of a game parents find safe to buy for their kids or other people's kids for Christmas which I think it's suppressing the player counts in relation to its actual sales.

Hasney

Going with 305K.

On the subject of player counts I think they might be a little misleading. Star wars is more of a game parents find safe to buy for their kids or other people's kids for Christmas which I think it's suppressing the player counts in relation to its actual sales.

Doesn't really matter. Even games with the legs of FIFA and GTA do their biggest week in the first week.

eerik9000

‘Star Wars Battlefront’ shoots straight to No1 with the biggest ever launch for a title based on the Star Wars franchise, selling 117% more units in its launch week than previous best ‘Star Wars: The Force Unleashed’.

Released on Thursday, it is the 4th biggest launch of any game in 2015. As it is more of a reboot than a sequel, it becomes the fastest selling non-sequel PS4 title ever, selling more at launch on Sony’s format than another online-only title, ‘Destiny’. ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops III’ remains at No2 despite a 50% drop in sales, while last week’s top seller ‘Fallout 4’ (-80%) slips to No3. Sales of ‘FIFA 16’ continue to pick up this week with Christmas in sight, rising by 14%, but down one place to No4. At No5, ‘Rise of the Tomb Raider’ has a credible second week with only a 37% decline in sales, keeping it ahead of ‘Lego Dimensions’ (+0%) which climbs 2 places to No6. ‘Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate’ (+7%) also jumps 2 places, up to No7 with the PC version new this week. The Top 10 is rounded off with ‘Minecraft Story Mode’ (-32%) at No8, ‘WWE 2K16’ (-4%) at No9 and ‘Need for Speed’ (-39%) at No10. No other new titles are able to force their way in to the Top 40 this week.
http://www.chart-track.co.uk/?i=2280&s=1111

Kyoufu

Fourth biggest launch in the UK. It'll be over 200k.

eFKac

More than Destiny huh? Even more than Watch Dogs? Ubisoft shouted it was the best selling new IP ever, right?

Should be good numbers.

gtj1092

Doesn't really matter. Even games with the legs of FIFA and GTA do their biggest week in the first week.

What does your response have to do with what I posted? My point was that the first week might be bigger than the player counts suggest due to lots of copies being in gift wrap.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Good hold for Lara. :)
And BF did Over 275k ( Batman), but under 482k ( Fallout) , it seem.

My ~400k prediction seem still possible.

Striek

Battlefront is a massive success right off the bat. Seems almost everyone underestimated it.

TR drop is good, but in absolute terms its sales are still quite miserable so it'll need to string together many weeks of similar strength.

Bruno MB

Do we have the numbers for The Force Unleashed?

Hard to calculate since we didn't get splits for second week but I would go with 135,000 units.

For Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II we have the exact raw number 56,064.

So I guesstimate Star Wars: Battlefront should be around 290,000 (275,000 - 300,000) units.

Tomb Raider had a way better second week than anyone was anticipating. Is that due to bundles or what?

In the UK market at the moment, every new big release can be bought in a bundle. There was a GAME TV commercial running last week that had an Xbox One with FIFA, Tomb Raider and another game for £299.

Hasney

Good hold for Lara. :)
And BF did Over 275k ( Batman), but under 482k ( Fallout) , it seem.

My ~400k prediction seem still possible.

That Batman number is wrong. All we know is above 200k as Bruno corrected me.

Tomb Raider had a way better second week than anyone was anticipating. Is that due to bundles or what?

It does seem to be thrown in with most bundles, but the terrible debut would have helped with a percentage drop too.

More days and the uninspired amount of sold copies. I'm guessing some people didn't even realize it had released. Either way, still a shame for a game that should have done better.

just used google calculator, estimated sales of TR this week are 35,721, so LTD is estimated at 92,421

I don't really see how that's good for TR. I mean there's only so much you can drop when your initial opening is that low.

Total is what now? 92k? Wow amazing.... /s

Jumeira

Banned
TR should be over 100k Inc digital for 2 weeks, this is the new Forza Horizon 2 in terms of cheerleading, looking forward to using T.O.P weight lifting gif

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Hard to calculate since we didn't get splits for second week but I would go with 135,000 units.

For Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II we have the exact raw number 56,064.

So I guesstimate Star Wars: Battlefront should be around 290,000 units.

I'd go with an higher guess, thus an higher estimate for TFU's first week since SW:B PS4 first week > Destiny PS4 first week; otherwise, PC+One sales split would be way too low.

Hasney

To put the Tomb Raider number into perspective, it still sold less than Fallout 4 XBox One this week if the 80% drop is applied equally to the XB1 version, even though Fallout has been out longer.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
About Tomb Raider, that was the ceiling, the high limit. We never got the actual number. I tried to play Kyonashi's game by guessing the first week, but he never answered *littlesadinside*

Chobel

So battlefront PS4 version first week did better than Destiny's. And PS4 represents 59% of Battlefront sales, that should give us some estimates, no?

Top Bottom