• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 46, 2015

Bruno MB

Destiny

Destiny beats the week one sales of Ubisoft's tech-tinged title by 7.5 per cent.

Ubisoft take their second All Formats No1 of the year, and smash the week 1 sales record for new IP in the process as event title ‘Watch Dogs’ takes the crown.

It eclipses the new IP record set by ‘L.A Noire’ three years ago with an increase of 58%

May 2011 Individual Format Top Ten (90%)

01. [360] L.A Noire (Take-Two Interactive) 224,000
02. [PS3] L.A Noire (Take-Two Interactive) 162,000

Total - 386,000 (Week 20 and 21)

Rockstar/Take 2’s crime solving title ‘L.A. Noire’ (-43%) continues to dominate the chart this week

Week 20, 2011 - 246,000 / NEW
Week 21, 2011 - 140,000 / 386,000 (-43%)

L.A Noire sold 246,000 units (90%) in its first week,

Watch Dogs = L.A Noire + 58%

246,000 x 1.58 = 388,680

Watch Dogs sold 388,680 units in its debut.

Destiny = Watch Dogs + 7.5%

388,680 x 1.075 = 417,831

Code:
[B]DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 417,831 / NEW (95%)[/B]

PlayStation 4 (46%) - 192,202

No! Game sold bad. ROTR had a whole last week for sale and it could sold in 150k copies more, BUT IT DIDN'T. ROTR sold 92k for 2 weeks, TR 2013 over 230k for 2 weeks.

One platform? OK

Numbers show that the xbox 360 and ps3 are basically dead, Thats why I said what I did.

Look at those scrumptious L.A. Noire sales. Why the hell haven't we got a sequel yet?! Come on Rockstar, don't leave me hanging, I NEED another dose of detective noir.

Haha I still can't figurę out the discrepancy between Xbone and PS4 version of TES Online.

GAME seems to offer TES as an extra game in some of their Xbox One bundles, in the same way it offers Driveclub/LBP in their PS4 bundles, this could be adding enough sales to keep it in the charts.

Looking at the UK chart, MS must be happy with the number of Xbox One games in the chart over the last few weeks, seems a lot more healthy for MS. I am a little surprised HALO 5 is dropping down the chart so quickly.

Hasney

Heh should have added inb4 FFXIV :p

Hmm didn't know there are bundles.

Not official, but it seems to be that it's one of the games that retailers seem to be throwing at the console right now

Chart position is irrelevant in these charts.

It was more to point out that the great hold in terms of % for Tomb Raider wasn't great at all. Fallout 4 drops 80% of sales and still beats it out. Didn't think it'd slip back below FIFA as well.

Not official, but it seems to be that it's one of the games that retailers seem to be throwing at the console right now

It was more to point out that the great hold in terms of % for Tomb Raider wasn't great at all. Fallout 4 drops 80% of sales and still beats it out.

so are you comparing tomb raider with fallout 4?

Look at those scrumptious L.A. Noire sales. Why the hell haven't we got a sequel yet?! Come on Rockstar, don't leave me hanging, I NEED another dose of detective noir.

Wasn't there a messy falling out between Rockstar and (the now disbanded) Team Bondi? And although I do want another Noire game, it can get in line behind the next Red Dead.

dolemite

In any case, Tomb Raider will be like Forza in the UK charts: a slow burner that will reach good sales by the end of the year.

Hasney

so are you comparing tomb raider with fallout 4?

I'm comparing 2 games that MS decided to pay for the marketing rights for and were released in the same week, yeah.

In any case, Tomb Raider will be like Forza in the UK charts: a slow burner that will reach good sales by the end of the year.

Probably. It's getting thrown in bundles and is now in Zavvis 2 for £50 deal, so it should do alright in terms of raw numbers. Especially if it's included in sale price bundles this week.

Word is that Battlefront bombed. Is this the concensus?

Not at all. 4th biggest launch of the year is nothing to sniff at.

Hasney

Just had to look up if Mario Tennis actually came out last week over here. Splatoon, Mario Maker and Mario Kart all rise in the charts, so some Wii U's were sold... But Tennis didn't even chart.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Call of Duty sold 136,500 units this week. A comparison with other Call of Duty third weeks?

Wasn't there a messy falling out between Rockstar and (the now disbanded) Team Bondi? And although I do want another Noire game, it can get in line behind the next Red Dead.

There was, but Rockstar own the rights and can just make another one themselves. They don't have any access to that unique facial-animation tech that was incorporated though, since it was owned by Team Bondi, but it wasn't cost effective anyway, so I don't think any company would want to use it again.

Hasney

Wii U Chart

1 MARIO KART 8
2 SPLATOON
3 SUPER MARIO MAKER
4 ANIMAL CROSSING: AMIIBO FESTIVAL
5 YOSHI'S WOOLLY WORLD
6 LEGO DIMENSIONS TRAVELLER'S TALES
7 MARIO TENNIS: ULTRA SMASH

Fuck me. Even by Wii U standards that has to hurt.

stryke

Well who would make it? They've already got more lucrative properties to work on by themselves.

Steroyd

Define "good sales".

This is the same company that was dissapointed that its predecessor didn't hit 3.2 million in a month.

Hmmm I mean looking at week 2 sales that bring LTD to about 92k, I'd say TR has a lot of freakin' work to do to be considered a commercial success.

Word is that Battlefront bombed. Is this the concensus?

By all accounts its a smashing success. Biggest new IP launch this gen.

When Xmas and especially Ep VII roll through, I'm sure the game gets another significant boost.

You said.. If game came out for X360, it came out. So, it counts, dead or not.

Ok well it launched on one dying to dead console and one with good sales, 2 years into its life and it did nearly half of what it did on 3 strong platforms years into their lives with millions of systems out there. Your free to have your opinion. Mine is different, I think rotr is doing well. Let's leave it at that :)

Kyonashi

Your free to have your opinion. Mine is different, I think rotr is doing well. Let's leave it at that :)

Yes, you are free to have that opinion. But there is absolutely no way that is how Crystal Dynamics, Square Enix or Microsoft see it however. They are certainly disappointed with those numbers.

stryke

Ok well it launched on one dying to dead console and one with good sales, 2 years into its life and it did nearly half of what it did on 3 strong platforms years into their lives with millions of systems out there. Your free to have your opinion. Mine is different, I think rotr is doing well. Let's leave it at that :)

less than 70k on week 2 is not "nearly half".

Steroyd

Bloodborne matched or exceeded Dark Souls II opening despite being on one platform with a lower userbase.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1020052

ROTR hasn't even matched the predecessor's opening week after 2 weeks on sale.

Top Bottom