• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 8, 2015

30k - 35k is about where I think it sits. Could be higher, could even be lower. We won't know for certain until someone leaks the figures.

Does anyone ever leak UK sales figures for individual titles? The only way we're likely to get anything will be if they mention a percentage drop next week so someone can do some maths.

Dawg

I know there's a deep yearning for the game to do well in spite of reviews, but 25k+ isn't particularly impressive for a game that's the first big hitter of the year and one that was as heavily marketed as 1886.

You know, Miles, this statement is kinda silly given the ceiling is theoretically unknown. Saying "25K+ isn't impressive" is strange because "25K+" doesn't really say anything. It's vague as fuck. Could be 25001. Could be 75000.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up around 35K, but I just found that statement kinda silly :p

Hasney

Does anyone ever leak UK sales figures for individual titles? The only way we're likely to get anything will be if they mention a percentage drop next week so someone can do some maths.

We'd need a percentage drop and for it to appear between 2 games we have rough figures for, so COD:AW, GTA V and Evolve.
Definitely shows a fair few PS4s were sold last week as it was bundled into a The Order 1886 pack with the PS4 for £329.

I'm still confused if that's an official bundle or not. They didn't make a sleeve for it in the UK either way.

That said, just saw it down to £299.99 at Argos. Not too shabby.

Percy

Banned
I'm not going to be buying The Order, but I'm almost finding myself rooting for it to do well because of how much it's release and reception is reminding me of the situation with one of my favourite games last year... Destiny. It's like a re-run in many ways so far.

Well, that and how much I know it's going to incense certain gaffers to see it succeed. Might be very petty of me using such reasoning, sure, but after reading the review thread of the game it's hard to feel too bad about that tbh :)

Pity to see DOA5LR do so bad. It was actually pretty cheap a lot of places, so I picked up a copy at release and it's quite a decent title. Guess now I can see why the online was so dead though.

Hasney

Pity to see DOA5LR do so bad. It was actually pretty cheap a lot of places, so I picked up a copy at release and it's quite a decent title. Guess now I can see why the online was so dead though.

There's a Free 2 play version that was heavily botched in Europe too, so people may have wanted that one instead. There were also reports in the OT of there only being 1 or 2 copies per store in the US so I doubt there were much more over here.

We'd need a percentage drop and for it to appear between 2 games we have rough figures for, so COD:AW, GTA V and Evolve.

Well even it was above one we know the value for it would give a better week one estimate than somewhere above 25K as long as we have the percentage.

NHale

I didn't forget my post last week so I'm here to say I was wrong and I'm officially shocked The Order 1886 sold more than 20k. And the reviews only happened after that, so I'm even more shocked it didn't bombed completely (more than Evolve).

I know there's a deep yearning for the game to do well in spite of reviews, but 25k+ isn't particularly impressive for a game that's the first big hitter of the year and one that was as heavily marketed as 1886.

Are you forgetting that Evolve exists? The game that is still getting ads by Microsoft during TV breaks or flooded the London metro stations with ads?

Elios83

The Order at number 1 doesn't surprise me, tons of people with the PS4 wanted to play it, the setting is really interesting and for many the graphics alone could be worth the price.
Most people in my friend list are playing it, last time it happened it was with Destiny.
Also while reviews were negative impressions from actual people playing the game are generally positive so the two things probably compensate relatively to word of mouth.
But first week is not enough to say anything, I hope it sells well enough to justify the development of a significantly improved sequel.

Cornbread78

Seems like a silly assumption to make. Couldn't they just be individuals that enjoyed it and are hoping for good sales to make a sequel more likely?

The amount of trolling bull$hit with this game is insane. I mean seriously, we get it, it's a game you don't want to succeed because it's a Sony Exclusive. but damn.....

And yes, first week did well as people pick up their pre-orders, etc, but next week it will probably drop quite a bit; nothing new with exclusive games. I hope they do well enough WW to make a sequel out of it and fix all the "wrongs" the game has since it is such a crappy cinematic 3 hour experience....yeesh.

I really hope we can get a concrete sales number on how it does in NA on 3/12. That will be a true test. my guess is around 500K WW when you add everywhere together.

You know, Miles, this statement is kinda silly given the ceiling is theoretically unknown. Saying "25K+ isn't impressive" is strange because "25K+" doesn't really say anything. It's vague as fuck. Could be 25001. Could be 75000.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up around 35K, but I just found that statement kinda silly :p

Gotta find some way of downplaying and/or bashing the game. It's normal when it comes to the Order

Hasney

Gotta find some way of downplaying and/or bashing the game. It's normal when it comes to the Order

Not really. Those of us who are usually in the thread every week have been saying since the start of the year that getting to number 1 isn't impressive in the UK market at this time of year, unless you have stiff competition on your release day. It's the context that the numbers bring that is important until we get to the business end of the year.

It's a shame Evolve wasn't a popular game on GAF. I wouldn't have minded seeing game cheerleaders look a bit foolish once we got the numbers.

Personally, I hope it's done well. I'll usually root for the new IP. But any AAA game getting to number 1 in the UK right now should be getting a nod of approval for doing the minimum expected rather than cheered as a good achievement.

Rymuth

I didn't forget my post last week so I'm here to say I was wrong and I'm officially shocked The Order 1886 sold more than 20k. And the reviews only happened after that, so I'm even more shocked it didn't bombed completely (more than Evolve).

Are you forgetting that Evolve exists? The game that is still getting ads by Microsoft during TV breaks or flooded the London metro stations with ads?
I quoted you last time so I don't forget you

But it takes a big person to admit they're wrong. Respect *brofist*

I'm still confused if that's an official bundle or not. They didn't make a sleeve for it in the UK either way.

That said, just saw it down to £299.99 at Argos. Not too shabby.

I do not think its an offical bundle, it would have been announced on PSBlog if it was. But with both Argos and Amazon offering bundles with The Order it should keep it high in the charts for a few weeks.

Also Argos version of the bundle has the boxed version of TLoU, could be the reason its re-entered the chart.

Hasney

tumblr_nk7glqVV241sj4xr4o1_500.gif

Not really. Those of us who are usually in the thread every week have been saying since the start of the year that getting to number 1 isn't impressive in the UK market at this time of year, unless you have stiff competition on your release day. It's the context that the numbers bring that is important until we get to the business end of the year.

It's a shame Evolve wasn't a popular game on GAF. I wouldn't have minded seeing game cheerleaders look a bit foolish once we got the numbers.

Personally, I hope it's done well. I'll usually root for the new IP. But any AAA game getting to number 1 in the UK right now should be getting a nod of approval for doing the minimum expected rather than cheered as a good achievement.

Of course being number one doesn't mean it did gangbusters. But it's still something to be taken as a positive. The game will live or die by its legs.

Evolve was always going to fail. It took too long to come out and by the time it did it already felt old and boring. It was MP only (for the most part) with terrible DLC practices.

It's too complex for casuals to get into and too simple to attract the really hard core crowd. I have it from Game fly and haven't even popped it in yet.

The Order 1886 @no.1. Fully deserved.

Consumers giving the middle finger to reviewers, that's what I like to see.

Also Sony seems to be pushing out more software this week 13/10 in PS4s favour, so the "xbox sells more software" theory is kinda debunked.

Lol...rightttt. There certainly can be no other explanation

eFKac

Review thread of ze game, the sales remake.

It's more of morale boosters for the few posters above it seems but yes, let's see the legs.

Fight the good fight my brother, nobody should enjoy or cheer for The Order!

Congrats RaD, great game deserving great sales

It's not necessarily about the game's potential sales ceiling, it's more about heaping praise on a game reaching number one when it only took 25k+ sales to reach that spot.

This February isn't exactly competitive by any stretch, so looking at a game reaching number one and suggesting it's good is perhaps somewhat missing the forest for the trees...

And I think we can say with some certainty that any ceiling on the games sales is pretty low compared to some numbers being thrown around. Although I am more than open to be proven wrong, I'd love for the game to have sold between 75k - 100k, but I'm also a realist and know that's somewhat unlikely...

That actually should have said first exclusive big hitter. My apologies, was on my phone and must have forgotten to add that part to the post.

Yes, I've been going out of my way to downplay or bash the game. I'm sure you could go through my post history and find dozens post doing exactly that instead of trying to argue that a short game isn't the end of the world and we shouldn't judge if a game is worth buying just because of how long it is.

Don't be so quick to label any perceived negative comments about the game as a knock against the game.

small44

Review embargoes? Never heard of them

You can't give the middle finger to something you haven't read.

Does those reviewers had absolute truths they are people like us they can have different taste then the majority of peoples.
The game had score from 20/100 to 95/100 how can we know who is closer to the generals tastes of gamers.
Reviewers sometimes complain about minors thing that can lower their score that general peoples don't care about,sometimes reviewers lower their scores because a game don't look like another one for exemple Metro GameCentral give it a bad score because they think the game is just a gear of war clone general gamers don't care about that other reviewers lower theirs score because for them the game because it doesn't look innovative but general gamers don't care about innovation as long as the games look funs to them .

That's why i don't think people care about reviews

DataGhost

Sales are good for the order which I did not expect. I guess this means that a sequel is possible
to explain the unexplained

Derpyduck

Banned
Horizon 2 outlasted The Crew. Best racing game I've played since the first Horizon. My only regret about getting rid of my XB1 was losing access to that and Sunset Overdrive.

Top Bottom