• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 8, 2015

The Order 1886 @no.1. Fully deserved.

Consumers giving the middle finger to reviewers, that's what I like to see.

Also Sony seems to be pushing out more software this week 13/10 in PS4s favour, so the "xbox sells more software" theory is kinda debunked.

Review embargoes

Anticipate that The Order will plummet in all charts after the initial wave of buyers realize their colossal mistake. This is not going to have good word of mouth

Links_fantasy

France and Italy have good taste :) Also good to see Majoras Mask holding strong in the UK. I'm still waiting for my limited edition as it sold out in Australia straight away so had to order from the UK. Any day now I hope, as I have my New 3DS and just finished Suikoden II so are ready to return to Termina.

casiopao

Oh, wow.
Italian eShop Charts always had Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate > MM3D, but I thought it was just a case of people buying MH more digital than MM. Didn't think it would've been the case for the whole market O_O
The only thing I can say is...Congratulazioni, Monster Hunter, per l'esordio in testa :D

Congratz to Italy and MH here.^_^ We here on Indonesia(SEA) also had been having MH fever after a long time. Many NEW 3Ds owner and of course lots of new hunters coming to troll the veteran here by attacking the monster during mounting.T_T

Hope that Capcom will be happy with the sales of MH there.^_^

Paganmoon

it's going to be really interesting seeing the numbers for The Order. I doubt it's going to have any legs at all though, as used sales will eat it all up.

Review embargoes

Anticipate that The Order will plummet in all charts after the initial wave of buyers realize their colossal mistake. This is not going to have good word of mouth

It's still holding up well at Amazon and still top of the charts at GAME. I think, just as with Destiny, there is a disconnect between the general public (who seem to like the game) and reviewers/hardcore gamers who don't.

Obviously Amazon charts are indicative rather than conclusive, but it is still ranked 2nd in the top 100 so I don't think it will fall down the top 40 too much next week and it will definitely still be in the top 5.

It's still holding up well at Amazon and still top of the charts at GAME. I think, just as with Destiny, there is a disconnect between the general public (who seem to like the game) and reviewers/hardcore gamers who don't.

Obviously Amazon charts are indicative rather than conclusive, but it is still ranked 2nd in the top 100 so I don't think it will fall down the top 40 too much next week and it will definitely still be in the top 5.

And there hasn't been as huge a rush to sell the game to CEX either. Just over 420 copies so far compared to just over 250 yesterday.

170 (give or take) isn't all that great in the grand scheme, especially when you realise that DC numbers would jump by 200+ in just a few hours over Christmas.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
France, first week, no bundle, no digital.

Evolve: 28k
Majora's Mask 3D: 32k
MH4U: 30k

And ~30k for The Order.

LTD MH3U: 105k.

Good stuff, and quite a close fight for the first place, in Week 7 in France.

And there hasn't been as huge a rush to sell the game to CEX either. Just over 420 copies so far compared to just over 250 yesterday.

170 (give or take) isn't all that great in the grand scheme, especially when you realise that DC numbers would jump by 200+ in just a few hours over Christmas.

Yeah, I think there was an initial rush of people who got it for £35 from Rakuten who traded it in, but since then there hasn't been a big Driveclub style dump, plus given that CEX are selling used copies for £48 vs new on Amazon for £45 I can't imagine their stock of games on hand has gone down very much since they started accepting copies on Friday. The trade in rate doesn't seem especially high to me, not as high as something like Driveclub which was literally being unloaded by people who had it bundled.

test_account

XP-39C²
Review embargoes

I dont think that many people feel that buying a game that they may not like is a colossal mistake. The worse thing that can happen is that they dont like the game, and they can always sell it or trade it in. If they are that concerned about it, they could easily have waited one day for the reviews. There was also a review (maybe more too?) out the day before the release of The Order 1886. The Order 1886 is definitelly a game that isnt for everyone, but i could see that many will like it. Personally i like it. It kinda reminds me a bit of Heavy Rain. Not the gameplay itself, but that people complained about what type of game Heavy Rain is, yet it sold a lot of copies. So people enjoy these types of games as well :)

That said, i agree that The Order 1886 probably wont have very long legs unless its being bundled or getting a noticeably big price drop relatively quickly. Not because i think its a bad game, but mostly because that its a single player only game that can be completed in some days.

I'm moving to Italy.

01 (NE) 3DS MONSTER HUNTER 4 ULTIMATE (CAPCOM)
02 (NE) 3DS THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: MAJORA'S MASK 3D (NINTENDO)

iZopdKeOrZC7n.gif

Bruno MB

I have found a new source for the Greek charts, the previous one hasn't updated in ages.

BmPRT.png

Greece:
November 2014 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (NE) PS3 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2015 (KONAMI)
02 (NE) PC FOOTBALL MANAGER 2015 (SEGA)
03 (NE) PC WORLD OF WARCRAFT: WARLORDS OF DRAENOR (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
04 (NE) PS4 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2015 (KONAMI)
05 (01) PS3 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
06 (NE) PS4 CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
07 (NE) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
08 (NE) PS3 CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
09 (NE) PS4 ASSASSIN'S CREED: UNITY (UBISOFT)
10 (02) PS3 NBA 2K15 (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)

BmPRT.png

Greece:
December 2014 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (01) PS3 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2015 (KONAMI)
02 (05) PS3 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
03 (10) PS3 NBA 2K15 (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
04 (__) PS3 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
05 (__) PS4 NBA 2K15 (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
06 (04) PS4 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2015 (KONAMI)
07 (07) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
08 (__) PS3 GRAN TURISMO 6 (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
09 (__) PS3 MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
10 (02) PC FOOTBALL MANAGER 2015 (SEGA)

I'm moving to Italy.

01 (NE) 3DS MONSTER HUNTER 4 ULTIMATE (CAPCOM)
02 (NE) 3DS THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: MAJORA'S MASK 3D (NINTENDO)

iZopdKeOrZC7n.gif

I don't understand. New releases always occupy the 1st & 2nd positions ? When Fifa comes out and stays at number 1 for 4 weeks in a row. Will you be moving out ?

Review embargoes

A colossal mistake is leaving your baby in a car on a hot day, buying The Order at worst is buying a game you find disappointing. I like many other people are enjoying The Order.

iceatcs

I don't understand. New releases always occupy the 1st & 2nd positions ? When Fifa comes out and stays at number 1 for 4 weeks in a row. Will you be moving out ?

Even worst, someone want to move to the country where best sell. Think about it. Yep lol.

Fliesen

A colossal mistake is leaving your baby in a car on a hot day, buying The Order at worst is buying a game you find disappointing. I like many other people are enjoying The Order.

i don't think people are going to think of it as a colossal mistake, but they're still going to flush the second-hand market with their used "flawless, no scratches, only one playthrough" copies. - Even if you personally enjoyed it. Unless you're a hardcore collector, i don't think you'd hold on to your copy instead of selling it for 40 bucks.
The short length and lack of replayability don't mean that it's a bad game, per se, but it might mean the game's not gonna have legs.

also, the fact that it was known to be a rather short, story-driven experience, more people will have opted to go with the (resellable) disc version instead of the digital release, which might also be reflected in these numbers.

let's just wait and see.

btw, why does Evolve do better on the XBO than the PS4?

FATALITY

Banned
Review embargoes

I just hope the order stays on top next week just to see the levels of salt coming from yOu.

i don't think people are going to think of it as a colossal mistake, but they're still going to flush the second-hand market with their used "flawless, no scratches, only one playthrough" copies. - Even if you personally enjoyed it. Unless you're a hardcore collector, i don't think you'd hold on to your copy instead of selling it for 40 bucks.
The short length and lack of replayability don't mean that it's a bad game, per se, but it might mean the game's not gonna have legs.

also, the fact that it was known to be a rather short, story-driven experience, more people will have opted to go with the (resellable) disc version instead of the digital release, which might also be reflected in these numbers.

let's just wait and see.

Yeah I plan on trading in my copy to Amazon for £30 this week, Ready at dawn should have announced free DLC to be released next month to try and limit the trade in numbers.

Regarding the Evolve point, only in UK, in the rest of Europe the XBO version will be far behind. In the UK sales will be very close at number 2 and 3 in the chart.

Hasney

I just hope the order stays on top next week just to see the levels of salt coming from yOu.

It probably will do, unless there's another COD/FIFA/GTA discount somewhere. Even then it may hang on to the individual format #1. Can't see Dying Light doing much with it already being available digitally, then DW8: Empires and Dragonball probably won't make a dent... Although it would be a nice surprise to see DW8 get a decent position.

Microsoft have a marketing deal, so all the ads just say it's available on XB1. The launch week charts had them separated by the slimmest of margins though, 3 figures separating the two formats.

It probably will do, unless there's another COD/FIFA/GTA discount somewhere. Even then it may hang on to the individual format #1. Can't see Dying Light doing much with it already being available digitally, then DW8: Empires and Dragonball probably won't make a dent... Although it would be a nice surprise to see DW8 get a decent position.

I would think Dying Light will easily make number 1 on retail release, at this time of year any big release will get there on preorders alone. The digital price is so expensive in the UK I am sure its not made much of an impact on retail sales.

Hasney

I would think Dying Light will easily make number 1 on retail release, at this time of year any big release will get there on preorders alone. The digital price is so expensive in the UK I am sure its not made much of an impact on retail sales.

Possibly, I haven't seen much marketing though. Will be interesting to see how much a farce like this can affect sales though.

Belgo Ray

And here's Germany:

Top 50 Germany (Week 8, February 16-21)

01 (NE) PS4 THE ORDER: 1886
02 (01) 3DS THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: MAJORA'S MASK 3D
03 (05) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V
04 (03) 3DS MONSTER HUNTER 4 ULTIMATE
05 (02) PS4 EVOLVE
06 (06) PS4 FIFA 15
07 (NE) PS4 DEAD OR ALIVE 5: LAST ROUND
08 (NE) PC TOTAL WAR: ATTILA

09 (08) PS3 MINECRAFT
10 (09) PS4 CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE
11 (10) 3DS POKÉMON: OMEGA RUBIN
12 (13) PS3 FIFA 15
13 (27) PS4 MITTELERDE: MORDORS SCHATTEN
14 (11) 3DS POKÉMON: ALPHA SAPHIR
15 (15) 3DS TOMODACHI LIFE
16 (12) PS4 FAR CRY 4
17 (14) 3DS SUPER SMASH BROS. FOR NINTENDO 3DS
18 (16) PC LANDWIRTSCHAFTS-SIMULATOR 15
19 (NE) PC THE BOOK OF UNWRITTEN TALES 2
20 (22) PC DIE SIMS 4
21 (19) PS4 MINECRAFT
22 (17) PS4 ASSASSIN'S CREED: UNITY
23 (18) WIU SUPER SMASH BROS. FOR WII U
24 (07) XBO EVOLVE
25 (04) PC EVOLVE
26 (26) PS4 BATTLEFIELD 4
27 (21) PS3 GRAND THEFT AUTO V
28 (NE) XBO DEAD OR ALIVE 5: LAST ROUND
29 (__) PS4 WOLFENSTEIN: THE NEW ORDER
30 (24) 360 MINECRAFT
31 (23) PS4 THE CREW
32 (31) 3DS ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW LEAF
33 (25) PS4 DRAGON AGE: INQUISITION
34 (35) 3DS NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. 2
35 (28) PS4 DESTINY
36 (20) PS3 CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE
37 (34) WII JUST DANCE 2015
38 (29) 3DS MARIO KART 7
39 (39) XBO GRAND THEFT AUTO V
40 (37) WIU CAPTAIN TOAD: TREASURE TRACKER
41 (33) PS3 CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II
42 (38) PS4 DIABLO III - REAPER OF SOULS
43 (36) PS4 NBA 2K15
44 (50) PC DIABLO III - REAPER OF SOULS
45 (32) PS4 ASSASSIN'S CREED IV - BLACK FLAG
46 (42) WIU SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD
47 (41) WII MARIO KART WII
48 (44) WII NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. WII
49 (84) PS4 LARA CROFT UND DER TEMPEL DES OSIRIS - GOLD EDITION
50 (43) PC WORLD OF WARCRAFT: WARLORDS OF DRAENOR

By platform:

PS4 19
3DS 9
PC 7
PS3 5
XBO 3
WIU 3
WII 3
360 1

Xando

The Order should stay no. 1 next week aswell. Saturn had a bundle with PS4 + Order + 2 controller and camera for 449€ on monday.

Evolve PC and XB1 had huge drops but i guess that's expected.

Makes me happy to see King Art doing well, we need more german dev talent outside of Crytek and Yager.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
From working in a games store as manager for years I really think a lot of people don't realise how the average every day pick up fifa and cod once a year hates short single player games.

Every single week all I'd hear is."I completed it in 5 hours" I'd say that's not possible but anyway "did you like it" " yeah it was alright but it's way too short"

I really like the idea of playingvtge order at the right time and price. I really enjoyed ryse at 15 quid. The order looks incredibly beautiful and I couldn't care at a games lenlength, at the price I see fit. I think from the everyday consumer the word of mouth is going to be really bad, sadly

From working in a games store as manager for years I really think a lot of people don't realise how the average every day pick up fifa and cod once a year hates short single player games.

Every single week all I'd hear is."I completed it in 5 hours" I'd say that's not possible but anyway "did you like it" " yeah it was alright but it's way too short"

I really like the idea of playingvtge order at the right time and price. I really enjoyed ryse at 15 quid. The order looks incredibly beautiful and I couldn't care at a games lenlength, at the price I see fit. I think from the everyday consumer the word of mouth is going to be really bad, sadly

It seems there is a bit of a disconnect between what une reviewers are saying and how people are enjoying the game.
The Order OT is full of positive reviews and impressions, and the game is still doing well on amazon (sold out and only 3rd party sellers with it currently) and it has a review of 4/5 for feedback on the site.

Rymuth

you cant count XBOX dead yet. I dont think they will go down that easily. They are not afraid of taking a bit of hit on bottom line to keep themselves relevant.
Especially if we take into account Sony's penchant for persistently failing to capitalize on their successes.

The road to XBO's domination begins here. ;)

And here's Germany:

Top 50 Germany (Week 8, February 16-21)

01 (NE) PS4 THE ORDER: 1886
02 (01) 3DS THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: MAJORA'S MASK 3D
03 (05) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V
04 (03) 3DS MONSTER HUNTER 4 ULTIMATE
05 (02) PS4 EVOLVE
06 (06) PS4 FIFA 15
07 (NE) PS4 DEAD OR ALIVE 5: LAST ROUND
08 (NE) PC TOTAL WAR: ATTILA

09 (08) PS3 MINECRAFT
10 (09) PS4 CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE
11 (10) 3DS POKÉMON: OMEGA RUBIN
12 (13) PS3 FIFA 15
13 (27) PS4 MITTELERDE: MORDORS SCHATTEN
14 (11) 3DS POKÉMON: ALPHA SAPHIR
15 (15) 3DS TOMODACHI LIFE
16 (12) PS4 FAR CRY 4
17 (14) 3DS SUPER SMASH BROS. FOR NINTENDO 3DS
18 (16) PC LANDWIRTSCHAFTS-SIMULATOR 15
20 (22) PC DIE SIMS 4
21 (19) PS4 MINECRAFT
22 (17) PS4 ASSASSIN'S CREED: UNITY
23 (18) WIU SUPER SMASH BROS. FOR WII U
24 (07) XBO EVOLVE
25 (04) PC EVOLVE
26 (26) PS4 BATTLEFIELD 4
27 (21) PS3 GRAND THEFT AUTO V
28 (NE) XBO DEAD OR ALIVE 5: LAST ROUND
29 (__) PS4 WOLFENSTEIN: THE NEW ORDER
30 (24) 360 MINECRAFT
31 (23) PS4 THE CREW
32 (31) 3DS ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW LEAF
33 (25) PS4 DRAGON AGE: INQUISITION
34 (35) 3DS NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. 2
35 (28) PS4 DESTINY
36 (20) PS3 CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE
37 (34) WII JUST DANCE 2015
38 (29) 3DS MARIO KART 7
39 (39) XBO GRAND THEFT AUTO V
40 (37) WIU CAPTAIN TOAD: TREASURE TRACKER
41 (33) PS3 CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II
42 (38) PS4 DIABLO III - REAPER OF SOULS
43 (36) PS4 NBA 2K15
44 (50) PC DIABLO III - REAPER OF SOULS
45 (32) PS4 ASSASSIN'S CREED IV - BLACK FLAG
46 (42) WIU SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD
47 (41) WII MARIO KART WII
48 (44) WII NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. WII
49 (84) PS4 LARA CROFT UND DER TEMPEL DES OSIRIS - GOLD EDITION
50 (43) PC WORLD OF WARCRAFT: WARLORDS OF DRAENOR

By platform:

PS4 19
3DS 9
PC 7
PS3 5
XBO 3
WIU 3
WII 3
360 1

Wow. Mario Kart 7 and Mario Kart Wii but no Mario Kart 8....

Vroadstar

It seems there is a bit of a disconnect between what une reviewers are saying and how people are enjoying the game.
The Order OT is full of positive reviews and impressions, and the game is still doing well on amazon (sold out and only 3rd party sellers with it currently) and it has a review of 4/5 for feedback on the site.

+1 I also think the disconnect is coming mostly from people who didn't play the game yet but are so easy to dismiss it being bad simply by watching other people play or reviews.

This is from the review thread coming from the same gaffer you quoted :

Reviews are far from bullshit, but there is some truth to your statement. If reviews are bullshit loads of hard working people may have gone out and bought this game day 1, Say even digitally. Spending around 50 pounds on a game that is average to most and damn right not worth 50 pounds to a lot of poeple.

So I guess jaysimple's opinion is totally wrong, reviews are indeed bullshit, because we are in a thread where it's showing that a lot of "hard working people" indeed bought the game day 1.

AU Charts

IGEA All Platforms Chart - Australia for February 16 through 22.

1. The Order: 1886 - Sony Computer Ent.
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D - Nintendo
  3. Evolve - 2K Games
  4. Grand Theft Auto V - Rockstar Games
  5. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - Capcom USA
  6. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Activision
  7. Far Cry 4 - Ubisoft
  8. Minecraft - Sony Computer Ent.
  9. FIFA 15 - Electronic Arts
  10. Battlefield 4 - Electronic Arts
Platforms Number 1s

PlayStation 4 - The Order: 1886, Sony Computer Ent.
Xbox One - Evolve, 2K Games
Nintendo Wii U - Super Smash Bros, Nintendo
PlayStation Vita - Minecraft, Sony Computer Ent.
Nintendo 3DS - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D, Nintendo
PlayStation 3 - Minecraft, Sony Computer Ent.
Xbox 360 - Minecraft, Microsoft
Nintendo Wii - Just Dance 2015, Ubisoft
PlayStation Portable - Cars 2, Sony Computer Ent.
Nintendo DS - Pokemon White Version 2, Nintendo
PC Games - Total War Attila, SEGA

NZ Charts

IGEA All Platforms Chart - New Zealand for February 16 through 22.

1. The Order: 1886 - Sony Computer Ent.
  2. Minecraft - Microsoft
  3. Evolve - 2K Games
  4. Grand Theft Auto V - Rockstar Games
  5. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Activision
  6. Far Cry 4 - Ubisoft
  7. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D - Nintendo
  8. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - Capcom USA
  9. FIFA 15 - Electronic Arts
  10. Driveclub - Sony Computer Ent.
Platforms Number 1s

PlayStation 4 - The Order:1886, Sony Computer Ent.
Xbox One - Evolve, 2K Games
Nintendo Wii U - Super Smash Bros, Nintendo
PlayStation Vita - Minecraft, Sony Computer Ent.
Nintendo 3DS - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D, Nintendo
PlayStation 3 - Minecraft, Sony Computer Ent.
Xbox 360 - Minecraft, Microsoft
Nintendo Wii - Just Dance 2015, Ubisoft
PlayStation Portable - Toy Story 3, Disney Interactive Studios
Nintendo DS - LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7, Warner Bros. Interactive
PC Games - Total War Attila, SEGA

samar11

Review embargoes

I don't know if I will enjoy it but my friend did.

Besides the game length, what else is wrong with this game? Just curious.

Top Bottom