• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palmer Luckey and his OR on the cover of TIME: Kill me now

eznark

Banned
CLvnsZ3WIAAIeqO.png:large

glasshole 2.0

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
The correct way to make the Oculus Rift cool is to not show people using the Oculus Rift.

Nafai1123

Banned
I think "looking like a complete knob" is inherent to the VR experience.

Exactly, but Joe Schmo walking by his local magazine stand shouldn't know that!

This cover is good because if you already think VR is cool, this cover reinforces it.

If you already think VR is nerdy and has limited appeal, this cover reinforces it.

I think VR is cool. Nothing about that cover reinforces that.

Fandangox

As someone who was born in the beautiful tropical island of Margarita, and is currently residing in Miami Beach, when I think of the potential and wonder of unexplored virtual reality land lands, the first thing that comes to mind is a goddamn fucking beach.

FStop7

Banned
Honestly, all that cover needs are some animu chicks in bikinis to complete the negative perception it creates.

akira28

who the fuck convinced him that this was a picture you'd want other people to see, let alone be your "cover of Time magazine" moment.

prag16

Banned
I hope all the people applauding how great this cover is are joking, and that I'm missing the joke.

Because that's an awful cover for a great many obvious reasons.

EDIT: Reading through some more posts, looks like the majority agrees with me. Good. (Or maybe bad.)

Sky Chief

Terrible cover, and makes VR look dumb.

The only good news is I had no idea that Time Magazine was still a thing so hopefully it won't do too much damage.

Why "kill me now" in the thread title?

I'm still not a believer in VR but I haven't used it yet, so I can't comment with any kind of authority. Seeing VR in such a mainstream context is interesting.

Jashobeam

would have made sense witb an underwater backdrop and some sharks or something, that just looks odd with the beach. Atleast put him in some shorts lol

Top Bottom