• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palmer Luckey issue statement on actions on Nimble America

BiggNife

I know im new posting here, but Let's keep this section of the board to video games. Something we all enjoy. Let's not let politics get involved with a thing we all enjoy.

Politics are a part of video games. This is a political issue related to games. If you want to just talk about video games, there are literally hundreds of other threads here where you can do that so go nuts.

I know im new posting here, but Let's keep this section of the board to video games. Something we all enjoy. Let's not let politics get involved with a thing we all enjoy.

this is literally a video game thing. While I personally separate creator from creation, this doesn't make this guy way less of a piece of shit, there's more than just "he supports Trump" in this

I'm not sure if you know this but Palmer Luckey is a major figurehead of VR which has many gaming applications. Is that a good enough connection for you?

What i don't get is he says there they made the account and it represents him, usually if something represents you it's not directly written by you.

Then in that other screenie he explicitaly says he posted himself.

Contradictory or what!

All that don't even matter at the end of the day, dude is cooked.

Welcome,

I know you're new here but I don't know how new you are to life. Let me break your worldview real quick. There are shitheads involved with every industry you love and enjoy. There are shitheads that are wealthy, and ones that are poor.

What this guy did has the power to affect the lifestyle of millions of people. No matter how much you love video games, this is just infinitely more important. The conversation is happening on this side because he's the head of Oculus.

I do agree with you where this could possibly be located in OT and keep Gaming strictly for community, but there are tons of controversy in Gaming already and all those conversations lived on this side.

Bronx-Man

Banned
igY0QOU.png
Oops.

"Guys, I don't know what this GamerGate thing is but I'm just asking some questions here"

If I were Mark, I'd cut all ties with Palmer.
There is no way out of this shit show. His name is now toxic and it'll effect FB the longer he remains there.

Samaritan

Boy does this pair nicely with that thread from earlier in the week about developers' politics affecting your enjoyment of a game.

If you don't like politics, ignore the thread. Some things are more important than video games and people ought to be able to discuss them.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

Absolutely no one made you click the thread, stay in the thread, or read through the thread.

I don't understand the inability to measure up the effects of the 'real world' on games, especially as it can potentially relate to game production, development, and/or release.

Indirectly attempting to move the conversation away from Palmer and his decidedly silly choice here, even going so far as to say 'No, you guys, I'm gonna suggest a 'no politics' allowed rule' in this thread strikes me as so incredibly tone-deaf, to say the absolute least.

Again, no one forced you to come in here and read the thread, lol.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Disappointed in FB and Jason Rubin... Expected a shitty response from Palmer.

Seriously, what Gary Johnson supporter would like this tweet as Palmer does?

luckylikesqes6y.png

Listening to Peter Thiel's speech at the RNC was like living in bizzaro world. He basically espoused all of the benefits of liberal policy making whilst promoting a man who couldn't be further from promoting said policies at a convention for a political party who basically believes the opposite of what he was promoting. It was truly bizzarre.

Of course, he believed that the way to enact all of these liberal policies was to completely deregulate any and all forms of industry, so I guess it was a typical libertarian fantasy-land speech when you get down to the nuts and bolts.

I like knowing when someone that produces a product that I maybe interested in, is a racist fuckwad, It helps me steer clear of their product and make sure I don't give any dime to support their endeavors. As it is I'm ashamed to own a Gear VR, but I'll be damned if i purchase any more software off the Oculus store.

sirap

Interesting. His statement and his actions on social media contradict each other.

I'm not ready to demonize the entire team at Oculus for Palmer's actions. I know a few decent people working there, it's just a shame he's succeeded (or is succeeding) in poisoning the entire well.

Sadly, the same friends that work there are probably the ones who stand to suffer the most if that racist pumpkin ever gets elected.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The admins orchestrated this conspiracy to sink Oculus and guarantee Sony VR dominance.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
You must be out of your mind if you think neogaf will let something like this slide because of "politics."

Saturday

I do not envy the next fella who sees all these red names and goes 'you know what I think I should play the defense force here.'

But man, denying a conversation with any media outlet worth their salt is all kinds of stupid. You might as well have had the entire thing play out live on television for what it was worth.

"I admit to funding that hate group."

"Wait, no, I said that wrong."

The recent news stories about me do not accurately represent my views.

Well to be fair, I didn't see anything in the daily beast article about Palmer following a rape apologist on twitter so he does have a point. The article should be updated to better represent his awful views.

IrishNinja

I know im new posting here, but.

FOH
channeling ODB like "introducing...yo, fuck that poster's name"

I thought Libertarians hated Trump? Seeing as he's an Authoritarian Populist.

most libertarians i know are rethuglicans who wanna smoke

"Let's keep this about things we enjoy."

90% of game related threads are about games I don't particularly enjoy.

...well, shit

Is this a photoshop or where is this video?

like a dozen people answered this a page or two back man

Top Bottom