• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile Beta Thread: There Is No Sanctuary in Wraeclast

Alienups

I'm running a blood magic marauder but i want to start using some auras. Is there a way to make it not reserve so much life/mana ?

KKRT00

That gave me flashbacks to drawing stuff with gold in D2
rDraw1_.jpg

Drawing with gold was already used in Diablo 1 :)

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Just how varied can builds be in this game? You're ultimately working towards the big passive skills like Resolute Technique or Blood Magic right? Could it be possible that a lot of builds will be largely the same as each other just with tiny differences in paths you take to get to that skill?

Say a Resolute Technique build where you focus on Hammers instead of Swords or something.

Perkel

Banned
Just how varied can builds be in this game? You're ultimately working towards the big passive skills like Resolute Technique or Blood Magic right? Could it be possible that a lot of builds will be largely the same as each other just with tiny differences in paths you take to get to that skill?

Say a Resolute Technique build where you focus on Hammers instead of Swords or something.

Key stones are not ultimate passives. Those are mostly build changing keys.

I'm chickening out. I'll upgrade to Bronze instead of Silver. I didn't expect the extra $15 shipping fee, and that'll be on top of whatever customs fees I'll have to pay too.

Glowing kiwis are vastly overrated anyway
so jelly ;_;

Max

I am not Max
I'm chickening out. I'll upgrade to Bronze instead of Silver. I didn't expect the extra $15 shipping fee, and that'll be on top of whatever customs fees I'll have to pay too.

Glowing kiwis are vastly overrated anyway
so jelly ;_;
Red feathers kiwi is the best one!!

Burt

Keystones are really just build-changing tools and not at all necessary. They enable some interesting and effective tricks when utilized properly, but you can get solely regular nodes and be just as strong. Builds in PoE really come down to gems and their links, with the skill tree supplementing them. There are plenty of strong keystones that get picked up on a regular basis (Chaos Inoculation, Iron Reflexes, Resolute Technique), but they're in no way needed to be viable.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
After playing the closed beta for a few hours with Duelist and 1 hour with a Witch, I'll probably try to make this sword based dual wield duelist first.

Phreaker

Been playing the beta for a long time, forgot I have beta keys. Anyway, if you want to check it out before it opens tomorrow here are a few:

SH6ZA-7U3L3-WB8CW-5VN2K
SHTHC-3QYAX-7VQCJ-56Q32
SHRZ2-28FRR-EMVJA-DJCXW

Been playing the beta for a long time, forgot I have beta keys. Anyway, if you want to check it out before it opens tomorrow here are a few:

SH6ZA-7U3L3-WB8CW-5VN2K
SHTHC-3QYAX-7VQCJ-56Q32
SHRZ2-28FRR-EMVJA-DJCXW

Claimed the bottom one to start getting a feel for stuff before jumping in for open beta, thanks for the code.

Xizk

SH6ZA-7U3L3-WB8CW-5VN2K
SHTHC-3QYAX-7VQCJ-56Q32
SHRZ2-28FRR-EMVJA-DJCXW

(first and last one have now been used)

Took the middle one. Thanks!

It's nice to see people more interested in this game as it gets closer to open beta. I look forward to rolling a new character and seeing the changes. I haven't played in several months. :)

JWong

Banned
Does anyone feel like the initial loading is quite long?

I remember it used to be faster around 913 release.

Ricker

first time here. skill tree is terrifying.

can't wait to get into the open beta tomorrow. leaning towards witch or duelist

LOL yeah I remember back when I first got in the closed beta last year and saw that tree,I was like jesus,this is going to be maddening...

JWong

Banned
The main file gets fragmented and has tons of wasted space. There is a defragger on the forums. It saved me like 600 mb.

Hmm saved me 8 megs since I reinstalled not too long ago.

Initial loading is still 8s, and I'm on my SSD.

Do You have link to the topic with this tool? I cant find it and i need to do this :p

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/28060

And some instructions for the computer literate.

radiatoren said:
1. You need to run cmd.exe

2. Go to the location of your client.exe in the command prompt by using cd.. and cd <foldername> as commands.

3. Write "ggpk_defragment.exe content.ggpk content2.ggpk"

The program will take several minutes to finish. After it has finished it will tell you.

4. Go to the folder of your client.exe.

5. Change name of content.ggpk to contentold.ggpk

6. Change name of content2.ggpk to content.ggpk

Then you have done it right! :)

ps. I assume you have moved ggpk_defragment.exe into the path of exile folder, I assume that Client.exe and content.ggpk is in the same folder and that folder is the path of exile folder - anything else would seem illogical.

syko de4d

Yeah i know, but i have PoE client installed since November 2011 :p

mine is from August 2011, i think i will redownload PoE today oO

Thats why my games load around 1minute at the first start :/

Do we know when the diamond supporter uniques are being added to the mix? And is it supposed to be in waves or all at once. Moreover, is there going to be a new tier of items with the release of open beta?

KKRT00

Do we know when the diamond supporter uniques are being added to the mix? And is it supposed to be in waves or all at once. Moreover, is there going to be a new tier of items with the release of open beta?

They are added as soon as they are ready.
Next tier could be added, because content is higher level, but i havent heard anything about that.

JWong

Banned

A lot of Diamond uniques are already in. They do a bunch at once in patches.

There's no doubt it will take time for the uniques to be made because it'll require a lot of balance testing.

injurai

Banned
A lot of Diamond uniques are already in. They do a bunch at once in patches.

There's no doubt it will take time for the uniques to be made because it'll require a lot of balance testing.

are they thrown into drop pools or given their own unique mob that will drop it?

spirity

I'm running a blood magic marauder but i want to start using some auras. Is there a way to make it not reserve so much life/mana ?

There's 4 passives that reduce the amount reserved by 5% each I think.

Just checked, they're called "reduced mana reservation".

Alienups

There's 4 passives that reduce the amount reserved by 5% each I think.

Just checked, they're called "reduced mana reservation".

Damn, i looked through the skill tree for something like those and i didn't find any. The only negative of having such a large skill tree i guess, makes it easy to miss stuff.

Thanks.

Also, i bought in to support the dev and to ease myself in before starting to play properly when the ob starts but i couldn't put it down so my marauder is already lvl33, haha.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Well then...

Pay $1000 to devs and give them cool item ideas to better the game. Never experience it for yourself... I would be sad... But I'm also not out $1000 so what do I know. ;P

It would suck. :lol It really wouldn't even bother me if they gave it to the creator, but I could see people bitching about it and the Devs just wanting to avoid that.

Top Bottom