• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile Beta Thread: There Is No Sanctuary in Wraeclast

Credo

From twitter:

2077743_o.gif

NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRFS !!!!!!!!

Burt

I might be wrong, but there is nothing different. The starting position on the grid, you see, is everything because the first nodes are really powerful and help you go in a certain path to make your build.

That's way it might be hard to see a witch wielding a two-handed mace with life leech...

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...qUqyqtC-1BLcxuJPAGs361wLd897B37DfsuSt6H3sy_cy

might actually be fun

Edit: And now with 3% life leech built in! Love this god damn tree. Buildcrafting in this game is great.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...EtzG4k8AazfrSIdcC2WHd897B37DfsuSt7MvynPcy974=

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
LOL I always come into the thread 10 mins after keys are being given out T-T curses Oh well :D I guess Im playing with everyone else at the normal time

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
not sure if to do a marauder or a duelist. choices lol

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I really like being some sort of caster in games like this, I wouldn't want to create a pure melee character or anything like that. But could you realistically make a decent battlemage-ish character in PoE? Or could I make, say, a Templar, but still have him cast some decent magic? Or do I have to choose one or the other in order to make something worthwhile?

spirity

I really like being some sort of caster in games like this, I wouldn't want to create a pure melee character or anything like that. But could you realistically make a decent battlemage-ish character in PoE? Or could I make, say, a Templar, but still have him cast some decent magic? Or do I have to choose one or the other in order to make something worthwhile?

Well Templars are hybrids, part caster part melee. You don't have to play them that way of course, but the intention is that they're able to mix it up.

syko de4d

choices lol

man, this must be something completly new for anyone who only played Diablo3...

Post from Chris about the new Pet Vids

Chris said:
Kabraxis said:
Jim_Fear said:
For pricing, a kiwi is technically $25. I'd expect something in the range of $15-$25.

Except the wetas. 3 different sizes say to me 3 different prices.

Compeltely unnacceptable prices.

Its so bullshit and greedy that pet can cost full game price (Torchlight 2 for example amnd many more PC titles including older AAA) or month subscription to MMO (15$ usually).

Anything more that 5$ per pet is just too much and i will not but them. BEcause things like that are ridicolously overpriced (just look at Mervel Heroes preorder packs for example).

But we will wait and see official prices. But i think GGG will be just as greedy alike any other company.

I found this post a little upsetting. Pets like these are one of the few things that we're allowed to sell with our "no pay-to-win" policy, so we do need to make money from them.

There will be a variety of pet prices. Some will be cheap, some will be expensive and some will be very expensive.

Sounds not like the pets will have prices i would pay, i will stick with stuff like Stash Tabs etc.

Burt

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...1BLaGu9bB88Nt1HzYJN3z37Dhc-L35oHnauxV7SDvhfFs

60 point fire damage pure caster Templar

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Well Templars are hybrids, part caster part melee. You don't have to play them that way of course, but the intention is that they're able to mix it up.

Ok, that sounds perfect for me then!

What is 60 points in the game? I mean, how long have you been playing if you've made those upgrades?

But wouldn't this be a pretty sucky templar? If you're gonna put it all into casting and nothing into melee, shouldn't you just go with a Witch? Please correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't played the game yet!

spirity

What is 60 points in the game? I mean, how long have you been playing if you've made those upgrades?

But wouldn't this be a pretty sucky templar? If you're gonna put it all into casting and nothing into melee, shouldn't you just go with a Witch? Please correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't played the game yet!

You get 1 passive point per level, plus a smattering of points for the odd quest here and there. I'm not sure what 60 points equates to, but around lvl 50? 55 perhaps. Somewhere around there.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Patch note... give it to me...

Burt

This build is actually the exact same that a fire-based Witch could/would take. If you look at the tree, the build connects to both the Templar and Witch start points, so by the time you get 60 skill points, given the same equipment and gems, your stats, abilities, and damage would be identical to that of a Witch on the same path. It's just a difference between which end of the path you start on and which class you enjoy more visually.

Yes you are wrong. Templar get their aoe skills right away. They also get more life and + all resists sooner They are just as viable as witch as a spell caster.

Literally the only reason to pick a class is for quest rewards, location on the tree, and if you care about looks. You will eventually be able to get everything from other classes on the tree.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Could I have one key, please? Want a friend to test it before the OB and I gave mine away earlier today.

Volodja

Saw on Kripparrian's stream that CI is giving immunity from Chaos again, but no +50% to ES.
And now Chaos is an Element with his own resistance (that goes negative in high difficulties).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
patch notes are like heroin. Come on release it already.

Btw noticed mud flats are reworked.
How is it being reworked?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
This build is actually the exact same that a fire-based Witch could/would take. If you look at the tree, the build connects to both the Templar and Witch start points, so by the time you get 60 skill points, given the same equipment and gems, your stats, abilities, and damage would be identical to that of a Witch on the same path. It's just a difference between which end of the path you start on and which class you enjoy more visually.

Ok, thanks!

Yes you are wrong. Templar get their aoe skills right away. They also get more life and + all resists sooner They are just as viable as witch as a spell caster.

Hmm, ok, so when would you go with the Witch over the Templar? She has access to a wider variety of magic stuff much earlier, I guess...?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Will the open beta be running permanently from tomorrow and sort of just transition into the full release, or will there be a "break" and a then full launch where they open it up again?

Yoshichan

So far, the Amethyst pot is the only "new" thing that we didn't know about.

He's basicly saying he only plays things he loves, and although he streamed a bunch of D3 he feels like PoE is so much better there is no reason to play it.

I feel like I was expecting a breakdown for PoE new comers specifically on why "it's better" ... all I got was "it's free" and "does some stuff Diablo should do."

Oh well, I'm still going to be here tomorrow ready to try this.

Top Bottom