• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC players better in bed says UK study

SillyJoe

Expected. Since when were PC players not handsome, charming, intelligent and well groomed individuals? Take Twitch streamers like DansGaming for example -- we're both happily in that 54 percent.

Heck, I actually have an Xbox and a PlayStation too. I guess I fit the 'excellent' description quite well.

So if I play on everything, I guess I'm screwed?

It means you're getting screwed, pal. Join me.

Roshin

It means you're getting screwed, pal. Join me.

image.php

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Women who sleep with PC gamers probably have much lower standards, hence inflated ratings.

(Serious possible explanation: PC gamers are probably older and more experienced on average.)

It seems that MyVoucherCodes offers discounts for surveys on behalf of retailers. So in this case a popular sex toy shop was interested in their partners habits as well as their sexual performance. Can't help but feel there's a conflict of interest in here though. MyVoucherCodes cook up sensationalist headlines to attract more users.

as long as they got results they could spin it into sensationalist

like all of them are below 10%, "gamers bad in bed"

all of them are about the same around 60%, chose which one had slightly higher (like if pc had 64 and ps and xbox were 63, 61), "pc gamers better in bed than console gamers", vice versa

so there really isn't that much conflict of interest

Nzyme32

I'm surprised PC gamers have partners, but I wouldn't be surprised if they posed as partners to fudge the results.

This is idiotic. When does platform of choice, or even one of many for gaming, define a persons ability to have a partner or have a life outside of gaming?

I... What is this even meant to show?!
The nature of correlations. It's a common example used to show the flawed nature of trying to link certain data

Ice cream sales are higher in the summer. So are homicide rates. One might try to use that data that ice cream sales and homicide rates are linked, or that the data means higher ice cream sales results in higher homicide rates, which ignores a whole array of other variables

This poll reminded me of that, trying to correlate what platform you own and your performance in bed

Dennis

Banned
I am a scientist.

I can confirm that this study is science of the highest caliber. And their conclusion is true.

Top Bottom