• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Aki-at

Thought I was just going to be reading spoilers on
Akechi
idle animations but ended up screwing myself over on the plot after 60+ hours in the dark on mid-palace
. I know it was marked spoiler but given the context... damnit GAF! ;_;

Ouch, same thing happened to me but I was just reading on fanart :(

I'll never ever touch anything related to the game I'm playing ever again.

Capra

The reward for the Twin Wardens' confidant is amazing.

Circumvent the level cap on fusions with money. Of course, that might cheapen the experience on NG so I'll hold off on fusing Shiva for now... But goddamn is it tempting.

Curufinwe

Any way to make Soijiro rank up faster? Other than the coffee which takes up a whole night on its own.

To get him to level 4 it's going to take three nights.

RalchAC

Any way to make Soijiro rank up faster? Other than the coffee which takes up a whole night on its own.

To get him to level 4 it's going to take three nights.

After level 4, you'll need to wait until you finish the
4th
Palace in order to keep progressing the Confidant. The game doesn't tell you anything.

The first few levels are hard to level up too. I think making it harder was a nice touch, since he doesn't trust you at all at first. It's worth it. One of the best Confidants all around.

Jisgsaw

The reward for the Twin Wardens' confidant is amazing.

Circumvent the level cap on fusions with money. Of course, that might cheapen the experience on NG so I'll hold off on fusing Shiva for now... But goddamn is it tempting.

It's expensive as hell though, I'd have had to pay almost 60k for making a lv 55 demon, being lv53...

Are there any decent guides out for this? I'm at the end of palace one and I am totally getting my ass kicked because there is no way to know what personas I should have at any given time, how I should be spending my time, stuff like that. I have zero direction in this game and I don't think I should be getting my ass kicked this handily on normal so I must have fucked something up.

nOoblet16

Oh alright then, shouldn't be a big problem then and I can concentrate on the games and books. The crafting trophy is weird I could swear I crafted everything at least once but I didn't get it, is there something secret hidden I have to craft?
You need to
1) craft them yourself
2) some stuff like GohoM will already be in your inventory as the game gives a few to you, but to get the trophy you need to craft that as well.

Be sure to reload once you get the trophy though, so that you can gain back the lost time. This is what you can do for books and games as well. I did played most of the games in in one stretch, got the trophy and then reloaded. I didn't really have to do this for books as firstly there are a fuck ton of books and secondly you get lots of free time to read in class and trains.

Aki-at

It's expensive as hell though, I'd have had to pay almost 60k for making a lv 55 demon, being lv53...

60k is like... 5 battles towards the end point of the game when you can extort money haha. Spent 200k getting a Persona 20 levels above me and I regret nothing, even if it practically broke the game for me.

Zafir

Oh alright then, shouldn't be a big problem then and I can concentrate on the games and books. The crafting trophy is weird I could swear I crafted everything at least once but I didn't get it, is there something secret hidden I have to craft?

I don't think you even need to reload for that stuff.

By the start of November in my NG+ game, I'd maxed out all of the confidants who hang out at night. Meaning I've had a load of time to do the books, games etc, without needing to reload.

Are there any decent guides out for this? I'm at the end of palace one and I am totally getting my ass kicked because there is no way to know what personas I should have at any given time, how I should be spending my time, stuff like that. I have zero direction in this game and I don't think I should be getting my ass kicked this handily on normal so I must have fucked something up.

What Persona's do you have equipped? You really shouldnt need to use a guide to beat the first palace...I mean this is my first Persona game and I cleared that without a hitch.

Make sure to hit enemies with powers that they are weak to. That will give you an opening for an all out attack.

silva1991

Ugh, this Pisaca's design is fucking gross, don't even wanna use it because of this lol

How dare you. It looks sick.

Edit: oh I misread and was thinking of another persona.

Yeah it looks gross, but it's got nothing on this

Fuuki.jpg

Palace 6 question:
I can't find the green panel, and I'm starting to get over leveled so I want to find it soon before I accidentally grind too much. Anyone remember where it is or what area at least?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Palace 6 question:
I can't find the green panel, and I'm starting to get over leveled so I want to find it soon before I accidentally grind too much. Anyone remember where it is or what area at least?

I remember one behind boxes that you need to jump over, if you missed that one.

cheesekao

Palace 6 question:
I'm not too sure which one your referring to but IIRC, there was one panel near the entrance in the first slot machine room.

(October)

OK, this doesn't make any sense. There are some scenes in which Mishima straight up talk like he doesn't know we are the Thieves

He's just doing this dance where he doesn't officially know who the Phantom Thieves are despite the fact that he obviously actually knows. It is only a fan site, after all, not their official website.

Spoiler tags don't work on images on mobile, by the way.

They really dropped the ball with P5. At no point are you given the choice to tell Ryuji to fuck off because he is just too dumb to be in the group.

There needed to be a choice very early on.

They really dropped the ball with P5. At no point are you given the choice to tell Ryuji to fuck off because he is just too dumb to be in the group.

There needed to be a choice very early on.

I don't get where this sentiment is coming from. I'm up to mid-November and he's really no worse than Yosuke or Junpei from what I've seen, unless his Confidant changes things dramatically.

Taruranto

He's just doing this dance where he doesn't officially know who the Phantom Thieves are despite the fact that he obviously actually knows. It is only a fan site, after all, not their official website.

Spoiler tags don't work on images on mobile, by the way.

But he always talks about our Phantom Thieves business to me quite directly in other messages.

mrmickfran

11/21 was a goddamn roller coaster

But I actually found out ahead of time that
Akechi was the killer.
Because in
Okumura's
palace, when
his shadow was killed,
I kept a keen eye on the shape of the
gun of the assailant.

And then finally when
Akechi joined the party, I immediately used his gun and noticed the shape.

What also helped was the fact that there was a thread here recently about
left handed characters
and someone
posted his name
. And I put it all together.

Zafir

I don't get where this sentiment is coming from. I'm up to mid-November and he's really no worse than Yosuke or Junpei from what I've seen, unless his Confidant changes things dramatically.

Actually his social link is the better part of him.

I think he's an improvement over Yosuke. I think I probably like Junpei more though, if only because of
Chidori

Dungeon 4/post dungeon 4
do they ever explain why Futaba's mom's suicide note was forged? Because my first reaction was "That's awful! Those evil adults!" But then it's like wait...what? WHY did they forge a suicide note. WHO forged it. Why aren't the characters curious about this?

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Palace 6 question:

Facing the door that takes you to
the giant slot machine,, you turn left, go down the short ball yeah, past an enemy, to enter a door to the back hallways. Straight ahead you'lll hit a wall that you can climb. There will be stairs on your right and crates on your left. Climb the crates and you'll find the panel and a chest behind them.

Dungeon 4/post dungeon 4
do they ever explain why Futaba's mom's suicide note was forged? Because my first reaction was "That's awful! Those evil adults!" But then it's like wait...what? WHY did they forge a suicide note. WHO forged it. Why aren't the characters curious about this?

Because the main cast are all brain damaged

Can I get a Persona back via registration if I set it free?
Yes.

Just note that you need to add it to your Persona loadout before it will be auto-registered. So if you recruit an UNregistered Persona and immediately let it go, it will NOT be registered to the compendium.

Top Bottom