• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 to be Splorgenborg exclusive; 20X6 release

Official website.
And they can actually drop the PS3 version, now that the PS4 is finally starting to sell and to have an audience in japan...

That said, will be great if it comes to PC and would make sense too.
NX soon?

Yeah but that's kind of shocking they would cut the PS3 version based on the face to they have experience developing for the system so it shouldn't have been that much of a problem for them and the install base for that system is still huge.

They would have had to be way behind on the PS3 version.

Steel

Banned
I'd get it on PC, but I doubt there's gonna be a PC version when they haven't announced one and Atlus hasn't released their games on PC in the past.

Very skeptical atm, but if they were doing a PC version, I'd like to think it's SEGA's influence. Atlus are a total no show when it comes to pc ports compared to SEGAs prolific catalogue.

Honestly though, if I thought any persona game was going to come to PC I'd have assumed 4 would be up first.

edit: However...I remember something about an alleged PC port of Catherine years ago...

Looks like its the actual release date...

Google translate:

jTSEWYc.png

Philippo

I don't know which one is more mindblowing, either such a close release date (EARLY JULY?) or the out of fucking nowhere Pc version.

Still, expecting the pc version to be a later port not on D1.

I'd get it on PC, but I doubt there's gonna be a PC version when they haven't announced one and Atlus hasn't released their games on PC in the past.

Besides, for the most part, they've shown in recent years to be a satellite studio affiliated with Sony.

I'm happy that if this is true it will release way sooner than I expected to in Japan.

But I'll be even happier the day I know the English release one (EU or US whatever)

well damn if true....before I picked up my PS4 I fully intended to jump on the PS3 version. Depending on what Atlus throws in the limited edition, I might just go for PC.

wrowa

Well, that looks legit. I always hoped that Atlus would jump on the PC bandwagon eventually, but I didn't imagine it would happen yet. Really nice.

Steel

Banned
Besides, for the most part, they've shown in recent years to be a satellite studio affiliated with Sony.

No, I don't agree with this. Especially considering they've released more games on nintendo consoles/handhelds in recent years than PS consoles.

Qvoth

august? shieeeeeeet
hard to believe they'll do simultaneous release, but it says ps4 and pc sold at the same time, and i doubt they're selling pc version in japan?

whois.net says ATLUS registered the domain

take that as you will

Yes people, it's an official page.
It is also the official channel because
  • They link all their livestreams from it
  • It is directly linked from the official atlus homepage
  • every prior persona announcement is disseminated via that website

Taruranto

Well, technically speaking P1 was on PC too lol.

But if it gets released, it's probably because of Sega.

Top Bottom