• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight

Banned
I was waiting for this
Yb0oKXg.png

Emitan

As the potential for Persona 5 draws near, post some good, defining moments you have of the entire series!

My first one? Oh hey, I unlocked a bonus boss in Yukiko's Castle, lets see what thats about!

Actually this might have been why I quit the game the first time.

Anyone notice this? The Persona broadcast got an English description.

Persona Broadcast Description said:
Join us for a 72-day countdown where anything can happen leading up to
a big announcement from Atlus's Persona team on Sunday, November 24th!

Look forward to seeing you there!

So, looks like the countdown might be more than just numbers on a background...

72 days huh

edit: i'm one of the 72 goetic demons :)

Oh wow. Didn't notice that. I wonder if someone at NicoNico translated it, since the Japanese says something different.

Persona Broadcast Japanese said:
11月24日(日)20時から、アトラス・ペルソナチームより、
ペルソナ大発表「特報!ペルソナチャンネル」を放送いたします。

それにさきがけ、niconicoTOPページと本ページにて、
72時間カウントダウン生放送を11月21日(木)20時より開始いたします。

放送中に何が起こるか、そして11月24日(日)20時より発表される「特報!ペルソナチャンネル」にご注目ください。

In English, this would be:

Translation said:
On Sunday, November 24, starting at 20:00 (8PM JST), there will be a major announcement from the ATLUS Persona Team, which will be broadcasted here with the title: "Newsflash! Persona Channel"

But, before that premieres, those on niconico can visit the main TOP page where we will be showing a live broadcast of the 72-hour countdown, which begins on Thursday, November 21, at 20:00. (8PM JST)

But who knows what can happen during this broadcast, and on Sunday, November 24, at 20:00, (8PM JST) the "Newsflash! Persona Channel" segment will begin, so please make sure to pay close attention!

Do note that it is nearly impossible to literally translate Japanese, so of course I changed some things (mostly the type of words used) to make the translation sound sensical.

Squire

Banned
I always figured it wasn't just a countdown because why waste money on a stream of a clock? They're at least gonna run trailers on it.

I hated that part, fell for it like a cooked pear... >_>
(yes, it's an actual Italian way of saying, (caderci come una pera cotta) that roughly means falling for it like a fool)

Anyone notice this? The Persona broadcast got an English description.

So, looks like the countdown might be more than just numbers on a background...

Nico Nico automatically translates certain parts of the page if you set the English language.
EDIT: As you noticed though it's not a machine translation... interesting!

Meia

I wouldn't have been shocked if dating Yosuke was a possibility at one point, wonder why they decided not to.

There was a lot of cut or changed things. Chie's rank 9 scene apparently was very different, with her even commenting that she hasn't really changed as much as the others in terms of her own problems. :p

Then again, I wonder how accurate some of these things on youtube are. :p

EDIT: Ok Yosuke dialogue is cool. Also sheds a new light on the whole "homophobic" thing with him.

jaxword

Thanks for the links.

Kind of surreal that two different people were suddenly looking for the same material within the same 24 hour period.

Hours? I believe it starts in about 15min. And who knows!

I thought it was in 40 minutes. D: I think it will just be another countdown, leading up to Sunday. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

8pm Japan time is 11am UK. I think the stream starts at 8 too?

Whatever it is, I'm at work, so I wont be watching it.

Hours? I believe it starts in about 15min. And who knows!

It starts in about 30mins... let's hope that something of value will be trickled to us before the big concrete announcement on the 24th.

Idk if you can pause the stream as Premium member so as to get screenshots in

Yeah, pan-hime is going to stream it for us like she did for Persona Music FES during the summer. She'll link it or I will, once it starts.

I'll also be recording certain parts of the stream each day, up to the 24th, which I will completely record and upload to YouTube.

Just another option for those who don't just use Livestream or Twitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom