• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona TGS 2015 Stream Discussion Thread

FluxWaveZ

A discussion thread for the sequel to February 2015's Persona event stream. This will span period of over 40 hours with Persona related events, until the climactic 1 hour event: "Atlus Presents Persona Special Stage."

Taking place at the Makuhari Messe Exhibition Hall 1 special event stage, the final event will host a mini-concert by Lotus Juice, DJ WAKA, Shihoko Hirata and Yumi Kawamura. It will also have a live show by the Persona Stalker Club hosts Mafia Kajita (freelance writer) and Tomomi Isomura (voice actor), with announcer Chiaki Matsuzawa as the moderator.

Persona 5 has been confirmed to be present, in some capacity, during the last streaming event.

SCHEDULE

hu0Oroy.png

[Other time zones for the "Countdown to the Program Start]

STREAMS

COUNTDOWNS

Countdown to the Program Start
t1442487600z1.png

Atlus Presents Persona Special Stage
t1442640600z1.png

Q & A
Q: What should I expect?
A: A whole lot of nonsense.
Q: I just want to see Persona 5... please.
A: Then you're going to have to wait until the "Atlus Presents Persona Special Stage" event, the final event of the Persona Channel broadcast. Uh... right. That wasn't right at all!
Q: What is Persona Stalker Club?
A: An official Persona talk/variety show which has had new episodes on a monthly basis since February 2014.

NEWS UPDATES

September 19 - 2:20 AM EDT

A 20th anniversary Persona festival project is announced.

September 19 - 2:17 AM EDT

A special Persona 5 anime broadcast is announced.

September 19 - 2:15 AM EDT

After sirens go off on stage again, with a news report interrupted by the phantom thief, the Persona 5 opening theme and an extended version of the opening sequence is revealed with its lyrics, sung by the vocalist Lyn Inaizumi.

September 19 - 2:07 AM EDT

Sirens go off and the Persona 5 protagonist's Japanese voice actor, Jun Fukuyama, takes the stage as a surprise guest.

September 19 - 1:55 AM EDT

The mini-concert ends, announcer Chiaki Matsuzawa goes on stage and introduces the Persona Stalker Club hosts.

September 19 - 1:30 AM EDT

The mini-concert starts, with the track list being:

• Dance! (P4D)
  • Burn My Dread (P3)
  • MAZE OF LIFE (PQ)
  • Reach Out To The Truth (Dancing on Persona STAGE) (P4D)
September 19 - 1:00 AM EDT

The names of the Velvet Room twins is confirmed to be Caroline and Justine.

September 18 - 9:00 PM EDT

A Persona 4: Dancing All Night segment with Tohru Adachi's voice actor (Mitsuaki Madono) and Chiaki Matsuzawa (announcer) starts, consisting of P4D gameplay for 4 hours. Several guests make appearances during this segment, including Persona musicians Lotus Juice, Shihoko Hirata and Yumi Kawamura, as well as the P4D director and producer Kazuhisa Wada.

September 18 - 10:07 AM EDT

After the illustration segment, the Velvet Room twins appeared again, with a letter teasing a "gift" for the final stream segment. Then, the "Take Your Heart" logo appeared with the protagonist talking about how the Phantom Thieves will make an appearance at the final segment.

Then, the final two countdowns appeared, filling the screen.

September 18 - 10:05 AM EDT

Shigenori Soejima finishes the Persona 5 illustration and thanks the fans for watching.
https://youtu.be/1HgEWH4DxFY
http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?clipid=71003067&rtes=y

September 18 - 9:03 AM EDT

The Shigenori Soejima Persona 5 illustration segment begins, as pre-recorded footage of Soejima drawing the Persona 5 cast happens with looping Persona 5 PV03 music goes on in the background.

September 18 - 9:00 AM EDT

The final character profile for the campaign, Morgana, is revealed as news report #5 happens.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUHB7Zcm80Y

September 18 - 6:00 AM EDT

Anne Takamaki's character profile is revealed with a new news report (news report #4):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tviZUc6Zy4

September 18 - 3:00 AM EDT

Ryuji Sakamoto's character profile is revealed with a new news report (news report #3).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2ZWRVee1Qs

September 17 - 12:29 PM EDT

8.5 hour countdown initiated after Lotus Juice's radio segment that played Persona music for about 2 hours. Ryuji Sakamoto is next on the list of characters to be found for the campaign.

September 17 - 9:10 AM EDT

News Report #2 - The P5 protagonist has been identified for the "Wanted" poster campaign; his profile page on the website is opened.

September 17 - 8:45 AM EDT

The Persona 5 TGS2015 website officially opens up for the "Hunt the Thieves" campaign, involving Wanted posters spread throughout Japan and QR codes.

Persona Channel updated with wanted posters for the campaign.

News Report #1 - Reporter talking about the "Hunt the Phantom Thieves" campaign, with posters spread throughout Japan (and Atlus USA's HQ in North America) where people need to hunt them down and scan the QR codes.

September 17 - 8:00 AM EDT

Persona 5 PV#03 is revealed, and after it the Katsura Hashino developer interview video.

September 17 - 7:00 AM EDT

A glimpse at the Velvet Room with the two new attendants speaking to each other, transitioning into a 55:55:55 long countdown.
Video of the teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRqa04iXAtI

Yu Narukami

I wonder why they still keep doing this. I mean the countdowns, the nonsense...Why not simply reveal the trailers or release dates?

Hatchtag

Banned
I wonder why they still keep doing this. I mean the countdowns, the nonsense...Why not simply reveal the trailers or release dates?

Creates a fun crazy train of hype without spoiling the game. I don't know if its a great strategy for attracting newcomers to the series, but as someone who was sold on the game as soon as it was announced, it works for me.

TriGen

I really enjoy these streams overall. I just leave a tab open and check it periodically to see what craziness is happening -- and they always deliver in the last main event.

The last stream was pretty good too where we got the first gameplay trailer and got to see a bit of their live concert before the reveal, it's pretty neat and builds hype. Though you cant be sensitive to trolling if you want to enjoy it.

DryvBy

I typically am not one to buy collector's editions but I'm ready for this one. Maybe a reveal today? So to prepare, I'm at my desk with "Persona 5" Amazon pulled up, a cup of coffee, and going to press F5 until it glitches the reveal.

C'mon, reveal!

Sifl

I woke up in time to be disappointed!

Edit: Nvm forgive me for not believing

Edit 2: Nvm we got played like a fiddle

Top Bottom