• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 : 1080P 60 FPS on PS4 - 720P 60 FPS on X1

Sweep14

Pitch if Old

platform.png

... okay, that's a bit more drastic than I ever thought the gap would be. Not going to lie.

Someone e-mail them the June SDK.

ekim

The picture only has column and row names but no entries?

Edit: yeah. White font on white background

Ok this is one of those examples where I could actually blame the developer. They certainly could have gotten the game past 720p. Of course, just because I could blame them doesn't mean I do.

I don't understand the image in the OP. All I see is the names of three consoles and then a lot of Japanese text down the left hand column, with literally just a white space where I would expect a table or a graph. Am I being thick?

NooM

Banned
Are you telling me they can achieve 720/60fps on PS3 with a less than 10% of the ram and GPU power of the nextgen consoles but hey couldnt achieve at least 900p on Xbox One?

Are you telling me Diablo 3, a way more demanding game with TONS of more stuff happening on screen can achieve 1080p/60fps on Xbox One but this cant even do 900p?

This is clearly a problem of priority/not caring. Specially after the kinect GPU reserve has been out for a while.

Sweep14

It seems that the Fox Engine doesn't scale very well on the XB1. Brace yourself if it's ever used to develop Silent Hills...

Konami is gonna' Konami. Pretty sure they could've achieved 1080p/60fps on the XB1. But then again, we are talking about the people behind Silent Hill HD.

R_Deckard

well as said it is the fox engine and I am sure this is the first iteration with GZ.

Poor show really but am sure
well hope for all the little pixels
that TPP will be atleast 900.....gulp!!

Sou

Is it really that hard to believe?

Most of these games are now developed on the PC and then ported to the consoles.
Xbox One version is likely an afterthought, and the team most likely did not put in the time to optimize it since PS4 is likely the main focus with Konami being a Japanese company.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
that's just stupid. Sports game? Is the game THAT good looking? Its hard to believe.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I don't know much of anything about FIFA and PES, but are they sharing the same rendering approach or something? Why should FIFA's res/framerate have anything to do with PES?

Top Bottom