• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peter Moore EA:“We’re Huge Fans of Nintendo” Have 1 game in development for Switch

Baleoce

FIFA would be pretty amazing on the Switch though to be fair. Can imagine kids playing it against each other on school lunch break, or in the car on a long journey.

That thread title made me laugh.

EA's gonna' bring FIFA or Madden and that'll be it until the console proves itself in the marketplace.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Has to be Fifa - they are wanna use a evergreen title to see how it performs over the launch months.

Also people need to realize no publisher will throw 5 games at a system launching in March - release lists are already filled and the amount of money people can spend on launch is limited.

Wow, a whole game!

Sometimes less is more - talking about having a steady flow of game releases on the plattform, this isnt limited to Nintendo.

It sounds like they have one major game coming to Switch and that that does not preclude other games/ports like Fifa/Madden from also coming to the console.

Madden and FIFA would qualify as a major game from EA. Just watch one of their conferences and look at how much time they spend on FIFA in particular.

zelas

A port of this year's FIFA no doubt. Doesn't sound like that Nintendo-third party relationship is changing at all.

I mean.

You can be a fan of some hardware without taking the step of putting your money (risk) behind it. If it succeeds, maybe they'll do more. For now? Meh.

Ogodei

If it were really just FIFA and Madden i doubt they would be talking about it. Just release a generic version of both in March with no fanfare, let it tank, tell the FIFA and NFL lawyers it's non-viable, and move on.

They're definitely up to something, but in a world of Boom Blox and Mass Effect 3 U, there's still all the room in the world for doubt that it's anything people actually want (or, as in the case of ME3, something people would want more than another, better version).

Gator86

A port of this year's FIFA no doubt. Doesn't sound like that Nintendo-third party relationship is changing at all.

It shouldn't until Nintendo can prove they can move millions of Switches. It's a business, not a charity. Nintendo has shown nothing but incompetence in the console space since the last few years of the Wii. Any company would be insane to invest anything in them or their ecosystem.

fifa will save the switch in europe and latam, then when they see the money make nfl and hockey for north america.

note: the port has to be on par with the big boys

spekkeh

Banned
Gonna guess it is Madden because Fifa is on Frostbite and I don't think DICE will touch this hardware.

Wanted to say the same thing. If it's just one game, they didn't port over Frostbite. If they port over Frostbite, supporting more is almost 'trivial', but I'm guessing porting over their state of the art engine is more work than a legacy game like Madden. So it will be Madden to test the waters, before they put in real work and get Frostbite running on Switch.

No real EA support until 2018.

Hopefully if it's a good port with all features. I would prefer FIFA and Madden release at the same time as the other consoles. I doubt a late port of either will sell particularly well but hopefully I'm wrong if it is FIFA.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wild prediction:

1. Game is FIFA.
2. It doesn't sell because it's a port that is months old.
3. EA blames Nintendo, doesn't support the system any more.

oti

Banned
It's gotta be FIFA and that's the correct game. EA and the entire industry will be eager to see if it sells on Switch because of the hybrid form factor alone. This is important information everyone needs right after launch.

No matter what they release its going to be a late port considering Nintendo is the one that decided to release their system in March

4Tran

There really isn't any need to guess what game Moore's talking about. EA's license with FIFA stipulates that EA is to release the game on every single major platform, so if they're talking up any games at all, it's going to be FIFA. Moreover, if they had more than one game in production, Moore would be saying that they're working on a number of games. "A major game" means just that, one major game barring things like Plants vs. Zombies phone game ports.

4Tran

Wild prediction:

1. Game is FIFA.
That's probably true except for the blaming Nintendo part, but what else would you expect EA to do if they're skeptical about the system's ability to address their needs?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wild prediction:

1. Game is FIFA.

Fifa sells the whole year long - if it doesnt sell at all on Switch during the launch months there is no market for Fifa on that platform. Obviously they will need realistic expectations.

We likely will have Fifa from EA and NBA 2K from T2 on launch - if they dont totally bomb expect both series to continue with the standard Fall releases.

Top Bottom