• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peter Moore EA:“We’re Huge Fans of Nintendo” Have 1 game in development for Switch

I have zero interest in FIFA but if it is FIFA I would hope that it sells decent at the very least so that EA doesn't stop supporting the system right away like they did on the Wii U.

We know it's FIFA, but we don't know which version.

We need a poll on which FIFA they're gonna release for Switch.

- FIFA 13
- FIFA 14
- FIFA 15
- FIFA 08 (Wii Classics)
- Cristiano Ronaldo for Smash

Renekton

Man, people saying things like Mass Effect and Titanfall 2 are going to be really disappointed with how powerful the switch is.

No way either of those games are running on a handheld.
Frostbite engine is VERY forgiving on toasters, so the question now is cart size.

Man, people saying things like Mass Effect and Titanfall 2 are going to be really disappointed with how powerful the switch is.

No way either of those games are running on a handheld.

I till think titanfall just because it's not on frostbite and not internally made so EA doesn't have to waste it's internal resources on switch.

Maybe the graphics take a hit and it runs at 30fps though.

How does this :

"a major game will be distributed on that platform."

Equal this:

"We have 1 game in development for Switch"

Yeah not sure how OP reached that conclusion. I doubt Nintendo is even allowing anyone to state how many games are in development.

That said I'll expect nothing but FIFA for launch and be pleasantly surprised if there's more.

Schnozberry

Why wouldn't it have Ultimate Team?

The Wii U version didn't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hopefully now that Nintendo has a competent development environment with help from Nvidia and is working more robustly with third parties, missing features and poor optimization won't be such a problem with third party titles. The Wii U launch games were all plagued with performance problems because Nintendo's dev tools were archaic and poorly supported by the company. Miyamoto later admitted that Nintendo themselves didn't have tools refined to get the best performance out of Wii U until six months after retail release. The Switch seems like a night and day difference in how people have reacted to it.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The Wii U version didn't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hopefully now that Nintendo has a competent development environment with help from Nvidia and is working more robustly with third parties, missing features and poor optimization won't be such a problem with third party titles. The Wii U launch games were all plagued with performance problems because Nintendo's dev tools were archaic and poorly supported by the company. Miyamoto later admitted that Nintendo themselves didn't have tools refined to get the best performance out of Wii U until six months after retail release. The Switch seems like a night and day difference in how people have reacted to it.

EA admitted that they didn't get time to port a lot of things to Wii U's version because they spent most of the development time on porting the engine to Wii U. Hopefully the things are more straight forward with Frostbite now. Plus the online infrastructure of Wii U was in its "infancy" at that point. Nintendo really fucked up the development tools for Wii U's laucnh.

Hopefully things should be much better with Switch this time around.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Wow, one game is really what i would call unprecedent support. 99% sure that one game is Fifa. Now the question remains if this is going to be Fifa 16 or Legacy Edition?

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
There really isn't any need to guess what game Moore's talking about. EA's license with FIFA stipulates that EA is to release the game on every single major platform, so if they're talking up any games at all, it's going to be FIFA. Moreover, if they had more than one game in production, Moore would be saying that they're working on a number of games. "A major game" means just that, one major game barring things like Plants vs. Zombies phone game ports.

But what makes a major platform?

Soundslike

Neo Member
isnt fifa released during the fall? weird to talk about "one major game" so ahead of its release time.

Who would be excited about fifa 2016 in late march?

Also, i think "major franchise" is what he would have said if it was fifa.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
A major game =/= Only one game

Not sure if trolling, but that was misleading...
From a company's perspective, ever game they release is major. I think it's pretty clear that they are only developing one game.

How do you read the statement if not?

"We are bringing all of our shit tier games and also a good one"?
If they had more than one, they would have said so.

Top Bottom