• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

physical games are dead, long live physical games

You gotta love Japan! MangaGamer doing USB physical releases for these two Visual Novels. ;o Noisy Pixel has more details:

Publisher MangaGamer has announced that two new physical editions of Higurashi When They Cry Hou+ and Umineko When They Cry are available for pre-order via their online store.

These USB hard copy versions of both compiled visual novel stories cost $49.95 each and are planned to be shipped on July 5, 2024. Both packages contain bonus content, too.

The Higurashi When They Cry Hou+ USB hard copy edition features all eight chapters of the story, Rei, and Hou+, alongside multi-OS support, dual-language support with English and Japanese, switchable art styles, the original BGM, uncut content, a digital Steam key of all chapters, and double-sided collectible card-like Steam key cards.

The Umineko When They Cry USB hard copy edition features all eight chapters of the story, multi-OS support, dual-language support with English and Japanese, switchable art styles, the original BGM, uncut content, and a digital Steam key of all chapters.

OIcI0Z8.png
85yiLLO.png

Last edited:
Forgot to post this last week, but it looks like NEEDY STREAMER OVERLOAD is getting a physical release on the Switch (premium and collector's) through the folks at Serenity Forged.

Collector's Edition

GOIN3YJWwAA9sWS

Premium Edition

GOIN35TWwAEj_zm

Oh and also the OST on Vinyl

GNjOAlaXgAAjMAY

Last edited:
Nice! Definitely getting this version for PS5. I might not play it as I have it on Steam, but love this game.
Picked up my copy for PS5 just now, and yeah, I'm looking forward to dive into it since I never played the OG game.

RrjOCwp.jpeg

I only tried System Shock 2 a bit on my older brother's PC way back when I was barely a teen, but couldn't play for too long because it was too horror/gore-y experience for the 12 year old me at the time lol.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Just arrived. Holy shit it's huge!
m932147.jpeg
I am jealous, lol.
Picked up my copy for PS5 just now, and yeah, I'm looking forward to dive into it since I never played the OG game.

RrjOCwp.jpeg

I only tried System Shock 2 a bit on my older brother's PC way back when I was barely a teen, but couldn't play for too long because it was too horror/gore-y experience for the 12 year old me at the time lol.
its an amazing game. And also I believe it supports KBM for consoles as well in case you have a setup you can use.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Japan Switch game haul

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
IMG-20240523-145124-934.jpg

IMG-20240523-145144-571.jpg

IMG-20240523-145203-213.jpg

IMG-20240523-145211-000.jpg

Saw that Paper Mario is out here today, and with the weak yen its only about $33 here, so was tempted. But I told myself I'm only bringing back stuff I can't get in the US.

Hmm… wonder how much to ship to US.
No need to import the PEGI release as VGP is carrying both the deluxe and standard ESRB versions of the remastered trilogy.

On the other hand it does look like the PEGI deluxe release comes with a bonus Greatest Hits Music on CD...

TR-remaster-PS5-deluxe.jpg

While the ESRB deluxe version only comes with the official OST (no greatest hits music).

PS5-Tomb-Raider-Remastered-ESRB_2400x1350.jpg

Last edited:

Kupfer

Use this link instead; it should work: https://limitedrungames.com/collections/lrg-blowout-sale-2024

Edit: Also, I don't think I'm picking up anything as the thing I was interested in (VA-11 Hall-A) wasn't even stocked for this sale. Big meh.
Ah thanks, that link works.
I'd never say no to a few good Vita games, but the selection is meh, apart from Teslagrad and Super Meat Boy there's nothing for me and Super Meat Boy seems to be sold out when you click on it.
Too bad.

Kupfer

No need to import the PEGI release as VGP is carrying both the deluxe and standard ESRB versions of the remastered trilogy.
On the other hand it does look like the PEGI deluxe release comes with a bonus Greatest Hits Music on CD...
While the ESRB deluxe version only comes with the official OST (no greatest hits music).

Good to know! I might order from them soon.

Talking about Netgames, I just ordered Tomb Raider 1-2-3 Remastered Deluxe Edition from there.
Since it will be a German box the game will be the USK version, but the details say : "- Greatest Hits-CD".

So I guess USK version will be "complete" as well.

EDIT:

It's to be seen on their low res picture as well

tXX5vFR.png

Last edited:
Talking about Netgames, I just ordered Tomb Raider 1-2-3 Remastered Deluxe Edition from there.
Since it will be a German box the game will be the USK version, but the details say : "- Greatest Hits-CD".

So I guess USK version will be "complete" as well.

EDIT:

It's to be seen on their low res picture as well
Noice! I'm getting the PEGI deluxe edition for TR trilogy as well, but Imma wait a bit and get it closer to release day since it's open pre-order across most retailers that carry it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom