• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics from Xbox One Launch in Russia, 15k+ Pre Orders

bidguy

Banned
nice ... dress

MSm3nQw.jpg

God damn, Russian women are either drop dead gorgeous or haggard babushka types. Seems like there's no in between.

But yeah, $536 seems excessive. Anyone know how did the 360 did in Russia?

So the poor people have to pay more for their food due to sanctions but the kids of oligarchs still get their toys. Plutocracy.

Thanks, Putin.

Wace

As far as I understand local console market it's rather "raw" here, in Russia. There are about 50k of enthusiasts who buys everything they can get + about same amount of xbots/sonyboys/nintendowhatever, who prefers one brand (or abhors the other, as yours truly).

There are lots of extra money on the hands right now, so price is not the issue, but, unless there'll be some killer console exclusives, I doubt sales would go beyond 100k total for any console. Kids want tablets and grown ups used to play pirated copies on PC. There's almost no advertisement of either brand, most of the games aren't localized (I'm looking at you, Nintendo), no rental shops, no Netflix, no Music Unlimited, etc.

I think things will change with maturing market, but not on this generation.

Mr White

Well, 15k Xbox pre-orders is a lot for Russia. People here play games on PC (mostly pirated) and Playstation brand is much stronger than Xbox. Tried to change my region to Russia. Marketplace is complete joke. Prices just too high, and there no video or music section and almost no apps. Switched back to US

Where's misterxmedia on those pictures?

He is busy doing serious journalism...

Be aware of lie and brainwash of Sony propaganda since 2005. They will fight till the end. Over promise and under deliver. 1.8Tf console(PS4) is still 1.8Tf console while top GPUa are 5-6TFs. They often show CGI first and downgrade later. Don't believe Sony trailers as real until actual gameplay to be seen. Sony constantly use this trick.

Also their other tricks are specific game design only PlayStation exclusives use:
- narrow corridor games with low draw distance(Uncharted, God Of War, Last of Us), That all need less power for the system to render.
- open-world games with low draw distance(InFamous).
- games with static cameras(Beyond, Heavy Rain).
- less objects and details on screen to render (GT5).

All thous tricks need 30-40% less power to render. Comparable Xbox 360 games look much better. Compare for example Uncharted which consist 95% of corridor levels and some of Halo 4 corridor levels. Night and Day.

Dat explains the Phil Spencer's effect...

BigDug13

64h6vbX.jpg

Is this a flashmob or is it a fake "we're all running to get our XBO" pose? Because none of that looks like actual running, but maybe it's flashmob dancing?

edit - as I look more at it, it's definitely some sort of dance.

dracula_x

As far as I understand local console market it's rather "raw" here, in Russia. There are about 50k of enthusiasts who buys everything they can get + about same amount of xbots/sonyboys/nintendowhatever, who prefers one brand (or abhors the other, as yours truly).

There are lots of extra money on the hands right now, so price is not the issue, but, unless there'll be some killer console exclusives, I doubt sales would go beyond 100k total for any console. Kids want tablets and grown ups used to play pirated copies on PC. There's almost no advertisement of either brand, most of the games aren't localized (I'm looking at you, Nintendo), no rental shops, no Netflix, no Music Unlimited, etc.

I think things will change with maturing market, but not on this generation.

I expect more than 100k, especially for PS4

For example, Sony's consoles sales in Russia (as of 2011):

PS3 - 600k
PSP - 1.5 million
PS2 - 1.1 million

Russian women are just... just the best.

Also congrats to Microsoft for launching in Russia... That's what the thread's about, right?

Top Bottom