• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics from Xbox One Launch in Russia, 15k+ Pre Orders

carkoke.jpg

Wace

I expect more than 100k, especially for PS4

For example, Sony's consoles sales in Russia (as of 2011):

PS3 - 600k
PSP - 1.5 million
PS2 - 1.1 million

Can anyone guess why PSP sold more than PS3? :)

As soon as console can be pirated its' sales will rise. PS3 was hacked later in the lifecycle

Still, thank you for providing this data, my predictions were off, for sure. 500-800k sound more reasonable.

Goldmund

Take note, Xbox fans, just post pictures of good-looking women next time not exactly flattering news hit NeoGAF. Since most of us see women as objects, too, we'll only assess the entire package and will deem it acceptable.

I work in biggest retail network in Russia in a pretty big town 1+mil.
We sold like 5 (FIVE) Xbox Ones today on a launch day.
For comparison - we sold all our 110 (hundred and ten) PS4s last November on day one.

This isn't even a competition here.

sakipon

Take note, Xbox fans, just post pictures of good-looking women next time not exactly flattering news hit NeoGAF. Since most of us see women as objects, too, we'll only assess the entire package and will deem it acceptable.

Hmmm. Ninty fans should test this theory when the next batch of Wii U sales data gets released.

Hooray, booth babes. Hoping that was the retailer's idea and not MS's. Otherwise I'll lose even more respect for them.

Me too, seems really low. Then again, when you are desperate enough, I guess one should use all means to stay in business...

Biker19

Banned
It's certainly not going to move the needle. It may also give us a general sense of what to expect in sales from these newer markets. Russia and China and Brazil are dominated by the mobile and PC segments, so there's reason to believe that the consoles will have relative difficulty moving in. It isn't like they're moving in to a market that is empty, waiting for a savior.

Strong advertising can be a distinguishing feature, however. It could go either way, but this isn't a good first sign.

I agree. Not even PS4 will wind up being huge in those markets due to what you just mentioned.

Opiate

Do you have any of those in easy reach? I meant to sort of ask for reference points for the sake of the thread.

Just for starters, we know the PS4 sold over 1 million units in its launch day in the US, We know the Xbox One sold over 900k in its launch month.

Relative to these figures, these starting numbers are very small. They aren't even comparable to the recent launch of Xbox One in Japan (it sold ~24k units in its launch week there), which was listed as historically weak.

It's possible you're confused at what my point is: I'm talking about whether places like Russia and Japan can compensate for the contraction in console sales we're seeing in Japan, the US, and elsewhere. This is hardly the final word, but 15k is a very bad sign if we wanted these emerging markets to truly compensate for that contraction.

Top Bottom