• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity 2: GAF ISLAND [100% Funded]

kogasu

Donated because this is really cool and yeah, I'll definitely get to playing Pillars 1 soon now that I've been able to delve into the world of modern PC gaming lol!

edit:
Ok. I donated the rest of the money needed.

I don't need any Steam game's, no worries on that.

Oh damn... My pitiful donation meant nothing, you donated before me :(.... nah that's incredibly awesome of you though :).

Lister

Banned
GAF ISLAND BITCHES!!!!!!

giphy.gif

sleepnaught

Wow, awesome of everyone to chip in for this. Thanks Shao Kahn and all the donators for making this successful. Can't wait to see our island in-game :)

Arulan

I think we should keep the GAF reference as subtle and in-world as possible. Perhaps an update on the travels of Erol of Levi too.

Ultimately we need to know to what extent Obsidian will allow us to go before we begin collaborating for ideas.

Cutebrute

Ah I was planning on making my pledge tonight, but I'm excited to see that GAF reached its goal! I didn't even realize that GAF had an inn In the first game; between that and this island, I will definitely have to try out the first PoE.

Arulan

Do we have any idea how much input and what kind of input Obsidian is giving Island owners?

From the Lead Designer:

Bobby Null said:
1. I'll admit I didn't realize all the backer islands were filled when I posted.

2. As far as I know, none of the filled backer islands will currently be called The Black Isle. Talked to Adam about this today.

3. It is not out of the question that we open up a new island slot for this request. That said, we limited this to 2 for a reason.

4. Backer content is tricky. Some of our high end backers are fine with a little input on naming a couple things and giving us a little paragraph of the flavor they are looking for and then letting us do our thing, making cool content for them.

5. Other backers, somewhat understandably, think spending large sums of cash on "content" means they should get to design quests, additional scenarios, NPCs, and generally hope for content that is out of scope of what 5,000 dollars actually buys. I read the whole thread (this time) and understand Fluffy's map was for fun, so please don't think I am accusing anyone of anything, just wanted to be clear on how we go about scoping this type of content.

6. Of course we want our backer(s) to be happy, within reason, for contributing such a sizeable chunk of change to our project, but the reality is that money pays to keep a couple devs employed for a few weeks or so. The input we can realistically implement is of the cosmetic/flavor variety. It is POSSIBLE we add more real estate to a backer island. If it makes sense to add locations, dungeons, quests, points of interest or any other type normal content we create, we will. This would be a developer decision and would be made as the entire game becomes more fleshed out and the full scope of the budget is reevaluated closer to Alpha.

7. The biggest takeaway here is that IF we open another slot, whomever the spokesperson for this group is will need to understand that they will be working directly with me and I will need them to understand the limitations, especially since this would be a new slot our current schedule does not account for.

8. If all of that sounds good, and you would like to proceed, I can talk to Feargus and Adam about opening up a slot when you're ready. I can't promise, but I'm fairly certain I can make that happen.

The ball is in your court.

Thanks for all the support! Hope this helps.

Eusis

Hell yeah, congrats everyone!

And I see that I was't the first one to think of a troll cave (albeit their idea with a ban hammer and all went more in depth) but we definitely need that at a minimum.

The Black Isle concept is already being done on the official forums.

But I've already started writing bad fanfiction!

The wealthy but eccentric artist has been driven insane by an artifact called the Heart of Urq, a small jewel encrusted vessel of Adra shaped roughly like a human heart that has been possessed by a soul in a fashion similar to the Steward of Od Nua. It acted as the artist's muse, but over time he has gone mad from isolation and the artifact's words.

The quest wouldn't have any instances of combat, and would be resolved purely through dialogue and feat checks.

They need to be dicked over by their less than stable patron.

Damn that's good too

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
But I've already started writing bad fanfiction!

The wealthy but eccentric artist has been driven insane by an artifact called the Heart of Urq, a small jewel encrusted vessel of Adra shaped roughly like a human heart that has been possessed by a soul in a fashion similar to the Steward of Od Nua. It acted as the artist's muse, but over time he has gone mad from isolation and the artifact's words.

The quest wouldn't have any instances of combat, and would be resolved purely through dialogue and feat checks.

Damn that's good too

I lobby we ask for the main quest on the island be titled "Grief and Felicity" and let them do with that as they will or we come up with a basic premise. It's nice subtle and appropriate nod to GAF, where we find both our greatest joys and deepest regrets.

Illucio

Banned
Gafagos Island?

Funny I had the same thought.

I just demand absolute absurdity be worked into the island. Like Oblivion Sheogorath level of madness.

The entire island is filled with hallucinogenic plants, there is a artifact that makes everyone go mad and sees things. Something in that nature.

Funny I had the same thought.

I just demand absolute absurdity be worked into the island. Like Oblivion Sheogorath level of madness.

The entire island is filled with hallucinogenic plants, there is a artifact that makes everyone go mad and sees things. Something in that nature.

I like this. Would probably want it to be subtle, but that's a good way to represent our community :p

Top Bottom