• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plains of Eidolon, Warframe's Open World Update, launches in 10 days!

MaKTaiL

They just announced on the official forums. Plains of Eidolon launches in 10 days for PC! Anybody else excited? They also posted a picture of the map (not sure how big it's going to be though). They also gave a name to the new glass Warframe releasing with the update: It's called Gara!

DKVUm1TWkAAaYbx.jpg

Gameplay Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHaOYUiEEO0

Source: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/851341-the-roadmap-glassframe-quest-the-plains-of-eidolon/

Vic20

Very excited! I've been there since day one and I love seeing how the design team keeps changing it up! Go DE!

Sailent

Banned
Got the other day that "8 dollar deal" and I'm enjoying the game A LOT. Man it has changed since 2013.

MaKTaiL

Eng game content? Just downloaded PS4 version again.
It's going to be open for everyone. During the day you will get regular missions and public events. At night the Eidolons start to rise and players must group up to kill them. Night time will be the end game content basically.

DMONKUMA

I'm a bit excited. Didn't put much time into warframe when I tried it 2 years ago but it seem really fun. This updates has my interest.

I heard melee got overhauled recently?

I've been waiting to start Warframe but have been intimidated by the complex mechanics (which presumably make sense after learning and following some tutorials)

Does this open world represent a good starting point for new players? Also how does this work with the game up to this point ie all the non open world levels - some kind of menu to start the prior missions?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Can I use my PC account on the PS4? Or are the servers completely separate between platforms?

I just started playing a few weeks ago. It's great, especially for a f2p game. It's actually pretty impressive with what they accomplished.

How many days/weeks does it usually take till the PS4 version gets this?
I'd be patient with the console versions. PC players are going to be the real space monkeys and uncover all the bugs and issues that might crop up (*salutes*). They'll get regular patches until the mode is stable enough to roll up into a big console update.

With something this big and different, I'm expecting some bugs.

And then hell yeah, looking forward to playing WF in a different way, and seeing how it changes things up.

UberLevi

Looks like it says "within the next 10 days" so might be even earlier depending on how their schedule holds up.

Kas

I'll have to get the PS4 version up so I'm all caught up before this drops.

Does GAF have a PS4 group?

When will you be able to access this content?

Can you jump into it immediately, or do you need to reach a certain point in the game's progression?

night time is a lot harder, but the day time is supposed to be fairly casual.
Anybody should be able to get into the plains pretty quickly, but expect the difficulty to ramp up, even during the day. DE demo'd some day-time gameplay (pretty sure it was the plains version of alerts) a little while back which was all kinds of intense.

bati

Pretty hyped. I got back into the game after that steam sale mistake and it's been so nice having loads of platinum to spend. I've been grinding my ass off these last few days, got from MR12 to MR15, foundry working overtime, I finally got around to building and leveling archwings (supposed to be usable in PoE), etc. It's actually kind of amazing just how much there is to do in this game if you want to stay on top of things. There aren't enough hours in the day for resource grinding, MR grinding, quests, opening relics, etc. I literally can't remember the last time I focused on relic opening, there's just so much else to do. I guess I'l have to find some time before this weekend though since Baro is in town again.

Also, this is the first time I've ever bought an xp/resource booster in a f2p game and man does it make a difference. The steam sale already came with 90 day credit and affinity boosters (both amazing) but I forked out another 200 plat for the 30 day resource booster and it has made farming mats for weapons and frames much more bearable.

VariantX

I'll have to get the PS4 version up so I'm all caught up before this drops.

Does GAF have a PS4 group?

Yep. We have a clan. Just stop by the PS4 thread in community and give your PSN tag and either I or someone else will add you if theres still room. The clan warlord has been removing inactive accounts so theres likely room for a few more new recruits.

Couple of things you missed:

-They said they want it to launch within ten days. They never promised ten days. They stated their goal, but they did not commit to a date.

-Map is roughly 2.25x2.25km(with caves underground) as per a tweet by Rebecca Ford here:

https://twitter.com/rebbford/status/909896638998761472

Which is a lesson hard learned for the wait for the War Within. It got pushed back for months and months because the kept re-writing things + it was basically their first time doing a cinematic quest.

bati

Which is a lesson hard learned for the wait for the War Within. It got pushed back for months and months because the kept re-writing things + it was basically their first time doing a cinematic quest.

I read about this on reddit and lold pretty hard. The lore, writing and quests in this game are pure unfiltered garbage, it honestly feels like a parody. The very idea that they had to rewrite anything in this game just to get it on the level that was deemed acceptable to show to the players fills me with sheer horror.

IvorB

Pretty keen to try this once it hits PS4. Got tired of doing defence and survival, as fun as they were, so this might freshen things up.

VariantX

Devs on stream just mentioned you get access to the Plains/Cetus colony right after completing Vor's Prize. Thats literally the first quest in the game that you have to complete. Thats literally within 2 hours of starting the game, even sooner depending on the players skill level.

Espada

what the hell is this game turning into

It's just one open world area in a game full of instanced missions that frequently take place in cramped tilesets. Now, if they start making the open world maps hubs from which you access the traditional mission type that's when eyebrows will be raised.

It's just one open world area in a game full of instanced missions that frequently take place in cramped tilesets. Now, if they start making the open world maps hubs from which you access the traditional mission type that's when eyebrows will be raised.
They certainly want to create more of these landscapes. Probably across most of the planets given time.

"This update would give full-blown sequels a run for their money."

Skillup throwing shade at Destiny?

Oh yeah he absolutely is. Check out any of his post-Warframe videos and it's pretty obvious. He doesn't even dislike Destiny 2, I think he's just kind of unimpressed with it as a sequel

I mean, it's still a pretty dramatic change compared to what the game currently is. I doubt what you say will happen (the star chart will probably always exist), but they have said that they want to do more things like that. I believe they said Venus was their next target for the setting.

5taquitos

OT but I can't stand thread titles like these. What if I were to see this thread for the first time next week? Now I gotta hunt for the date, and it's not even in the OP.

Adnor

Banned
Started playing after the price error and the game's good.

And man this update is enormous, I'm going to have to re-learn everything I learned lmao

MaKTaiL

They've also announced that Frost Prime will be leaving "Prime with Prime" promotion on Twitch. Soma Prime and Scindo Prime will be replacing it as soon as PoE launches. So make sure to grab that free trial while you can to score both rewards!

kyser73

Have they improved the console interface, text size & so on? I played waay back in 2014 and while I enjoyed the game I found the menus & UI to be poorly suited to TV play.

Espada

They certainly want to create more of these landscapes. Probably across most of the planets given time.

I mean, it's still a pretty dramatic change compared to what the game currently is. I doubt what you say will happen (the star chart will probably always exist), but they have said that they want to do more things like that. I believe they said Venus was their next target for the setting.

I'm interested to see just how many of these they can crank out in a year. Maybe one every 3 months? If it's only 1 or 2 a year then we can scratch off the idea that most planets will get one of these. Still stuff like the map, settlement and custom weapons is pretty substantial stuff.

bati

They've also announced that Frost Prime will be leaving "Prime with Prime" promotion on Twitch. Soma Prime and Scindo Prime will be replacing it as soon as PoE launches. So make sure to grab that free trial while you can to score both rewards!

Is it possible to register without a credit card? My attempts failed when it was time to get the amazon prime free trial. In the end I just bought Frost from the market as it was less hassle lol.

Started playing after the price error and the game's good.

And man this update is enormous, I'm going to have to re-learn everything I learned lmao

Welcome to Warframe. While I do applaud them for adding tons of complexity and piling new mechanics on top of existing mechanics, it's definitely rough for new players. They do a pretty good job of introducing players to the mechanics but one look at the wiki and it's pretty overwhelming.

This update is going to be fucking amazing.
https://www.warframe.com/plains-of-eidolon-update

Top Bottom