• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds makes $11 million in 3 days, hits 67,000 concurrent

Surprised that none of these types of games have made it consoles. I know ARK did, if you count that, but wish this or H1Z1 would make its way over.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Early Access + 30 dollars gives me a DayZ PTSD flashback.

That being said, I enjoy what I played so far and I have high hopes for this one and will probably buy it once some magic gets done to make it more playable performance-wise
Well they said in the coming weeks a performance patch would come which should make it a lot better. Currently whole team is working on it.
Surprised that none of these types of games have made it consoles. I know ARK did, if you count that, but wish this or H1Z1 would make its way over.

They said they'd work on a console version once the PC version is complete.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Well they said in the coming weeks a performance patch would come which should make it a lot better. Currently whole team is working on it.
Yeah, I actually trust the devs of this one - which is rare for early access survival. Maybe only Facepunch besides them?

I'd just get it on pc if you have a capable one. The competitive scene will be there plus it is going to run better as well as stuff like modding/skins etc are coming.

Caleb187

Played this for the first time last night. Certainly had reservations purchasing this after the DayZ standalone fiasco.

It feels and looks almost exactly like DayZ, but condensed down to only the fun, tense parts. There's a constant barrier that shrinks just like The Culling which helps with the campers. You can still hold up in a house, but eventually you'll be forced to leave and if you haven't spent the time finding or stealing a vehicle you may not beat the shrinking circle of death. Additionally, there are occasional random crate drops just like in Rust which players usually have intense firefights over. They took a lot of the best parts of these survival games and put it into one basically.

There's still janks and framerate issues but certainly not as bad as DayZ. And the instant queue times, delicious. Each match lasts anywhere from 1 minute to 30 minutes depending on how long you survive.

I'm hoping the devs are competent with this one. We've been burned so many times on these type of games not getting the patches it needs.

styl3s

After watching a lot of hours of the game being played, the mechanics and encounters start to be way less interesting. I would assume it would be the same if i played it.
That's the reason i didn't buy it.

Are you playing it?
Don't you feel any repetitiveness setting in?
20 hours in with friends and it still feels fresh as all hell which surprises me because i have had absolutely 0 interest in any of these games and ended up refunding 3 of these types of games within an hour.

I could potentially see myself getting bored and having it be repetitive playing solo but as a group every single game provides enough variety and shenanigans to keep a smile on my face the entire time.

Top Bottom