• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 All Access on 11/14 - 11pm EST on Spike + Live Stream

Squire

Banned
I'm going to give GTTV some credit and say they can at least secure one big announcement. Probably not the Naughty Dog megaton everyone wants but still something interesting. Sony has a lot of studios out there.

I think Geoff deserves a fair shake from everyone after TLOU.

We're talking about a tease that not only delivered, but one that wasn't figured out by anyone beforehand, with the game in question being popularly considered one of the best of the generation upon its release.

And this is in the age when the industry is horrible at keeping secrets and most teaser sites result in rage and disappointment. Come on.

Amir0x

Banned
Expecting new indie games or something equally disappointing and you all should too. Do not hype yourselves out of control yet again.

OH NO NOT NEW GAMES THAT HAPPEN TO BE INDIE OH THE HUMANITY HOW HORRIBLE WOULD THAT BE GUYS

seriously, gamers. This how we want to isolate small developers?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Already unhyped just because he said "Playstation" instead of PS4. :/

Going to be like Sony's last few shows that WEREN'T the Playstation meeting. 50% Vita, 45% PS3, 5% PS4 for announcements and premieres. Just watch. :(

The day before the PS4 launch? Are you kidding me? I'd be surprised if there was anything announced for the PS3 that isn't cross-gen or cross-buy in some way.

It actually makes sense considering a lot of 360 guys seem to be buying ps4s :p

But Destiny is coming to PS4.

t1mk2hz.gif

Truly I've somehow stepped into Bizarro world!

coldcrush

Neo Member
my cogs are spinning to think what it would be, I think its likely to be a sizzle reel of PS4 release hype and upcoming releases and maybe some short teasers cut into it from previously unannounced titles...
It would be amazing if we for something more concrete like a trailer from ND or another big studio,but my gut feeling is they may be held back for VGA or E3
If it were the last guardian it would be a work of genius to drop it there,, but I know I should not get my hopes up for something so insanely unlikely.

Squire

Banned
OH NO NOT NEW GAMES THAT HAPPEN TO BE INDIE OH THE HUMANITY HOW HORRIBLE WOULD THAT BE GUYS

seriously, gamers. This how we want to isolate small developers?

It's really shallow-minded and sad.

Well...
I'm kind of surprised Spike is doing this actually.

I don't suppose anything is stopping then from doing an X1 event the next week over. It's probably more that MS doesn't have titles ready for something like that.

Kiyo

Since it's on Spike and GTTV it should get a decent sized audience. My prediction would be Uncharted 4 from Sony Bend, not Naughty Dog. It would be a big announcement, but not as big as it would be if it were coming from Naughty Dog. They'll save the Naughty Dog announcement and one other big one (TLG? Or SSMs game) for the VGAs.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Wow. So nice to see Sony not resting on their laurels. New game announcements on launch day? BRING IIIIIIIIT

Revival of a fighting game? Bloody Roar at 1080p/60fps? :eek:
I only played like one of the games back in the day and it was fun.

New 3rd party IP?

I don't think this stream will involve teases. I think whatever is announced, will be announced with in game/real time trailers.

Boke1879

Writing...wall...etc

Oh man I hope you can give us something about what might be shown lol.

On topic. It's this type of stuff that made the 360 so popular. Launch events like this with reveals and crazy hype. Launch lines, people excited will do lots to provide excitement for the brand.

jayu26

I guess that's true. Maybe they'll start broadcasting SCE's E3 shows now too lol.
They have said that they would love too, but Sony's conference usually happens during prime time. There is no way Spike TV executives are going to air video game conference during prime time.

I dont expect much for new games but I wouldn't be shocked if we saw something decent here.

What would be something not huge like a game from ND or SSM that they would save for a big show like E3/VGA's but not random indie filler?

Insomniac was always good for these kind of throw away reveals but they are off doing other things.

Media Molecule?

Iorv3th

I dont expect much for new games but I wouldn't be shocked if we saw something decent here.

What would be something not huge like a game from ND or SSM that they would save for a big show like E3/VGA's but not random indie filler?

Bend Studios?

MLB The Show?

Meh what gopher is implying isn't a stretch to believe. 360 was the media darling last gen for reasons for a while. No reason why it won't be PS4 this upcoming gen.

Though I'm sure MS will still have their own stuff like this.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
How can this be?

Sony have clearly shown all the first party games that will ever release on the PS4.

Yeah I am confused. I thought we already knew all the exclusives coming out for each console already and there could definitely be nothing new for 2014.

Top Bottom