• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 new DualShock 4 colors (Crystal red, Crystal blue, steel black & more)

Will buy the steel black one at Christmas time. Already have the Arkham Knight silver controller (came with the Arkham Knight console), the 20th anniversary Playstation controller and the camo controller that I purchased back in July.

Caronte

I love the steel black and midnight blue ones. But I have two controllers already so it'll be hard to justify a new one.

Crystal blue makes me nostalgic...got one with Crash Team Racing back in the days for Xmas, looks gorgeous.

I'm usually not one to buy a ton of controllers, only need one, but maybe if they remake CTR in the near future I might have to buy it ;)

Crystal Red and Crystal Blue are great. I want them stateside, but typically Asia/Hong Kong import prices are reasonable compared to USD MSRP... Maybe an import incoming. I've wanted Steel Black since before the Pro-era Dualshock revisions, but I do think the Crysal Red and Crystal Blue look better.

PantsuJo

Crystal blue makes me nostalgic...got one with Crash Team Racing back in the days for Xmas, looks gorgeous.

I'm usually not one to buy a ton of controllers, only need one, but maybe if they remake CTR in the near future I might have to buy it ;)

Same here, CTR and this controller will be glorious

The midnight blue looks like that Uncharted 4 limited edition one.
I need (want) a V2 controller. Golden or midnight.... Decision, decision.

oti

Banned
Too bad they're so god damn expensive. Would've bought a bunch of additional PS4 controllers if they were cheaper. The Crystal ones look great!

crimilde

Banned
Midnight blue and Crystal blue look great. I really don't need another controller but I'll definitely get the latter since it's coming to the EU.

MadMod

That midnight blue! Wow, neeeed. I've got a ps1 anniversary one, vader one and the new black black one with the light bar in the touch pad. So this will look good in my collection.

Edit: Crystal white looks great too.

Mush

Need both blue ones, but I actually don't need any. ...I will feel so ashamed and happy at the same time.
I have three controllers but I only cycle through them when the other one needs to be charged; the other two sit in their charging cradle on standby.

Gradon

I was so ready for the Crystal Blue one, until I read it's not coming to the UK.... What?
I have 3 and use my Vita as a controller when we do 4 player games but I would've been so down to buy a Crystal Blue one..

I have the crystal one for the older model of the DS4. It looks damn good. Crystal all the way!

Does metallic ones fade into that icky black color due to sweat?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
look good. if only the controller was actually good. get rid of the touch pad/light bar/speaker and put a bigger battery in.

I like these but I wish the battery life wasn't absolute dogshit. I feel gross giving Sony more money for one of the most important aspects of the controller being so bad.

Erevador

How are they supposed to look? You get any other transparent controller to compare?
The innards of the PS4 controllers simply look unattractive presented with this kind of transparency. Just look at the asymmetrical details on the grips. Ugly. Perhaps the grips should have been kept covered, with only the top part of the controller exposed.

The transparent N64 controllers look much better, largely because the grips are entirely transparent.

Synless

One day they will release that sexy Emerald Green color they had back on PS2... This is one step closer to that.

Top Bottom