• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 new DualShock 4 colors (Crystal red, Crystal blue, steel black & more)

Come on purple or Crystal (atomic) purple

F9jxIgd.png

quick mock up

I wish Playstation did more with their controller color variations like Microsoft has been doing..

Like shit like this

3188886-x1.jpg

I would love a PS4 controller like that.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Ffuuuuuuuck, I just want crystal red and crystal blue. I'm a sucker for clear electronics.

Oh cool, so North America gets the ones designed for six-year-olds and only Asia/Japan gets the classy ones. Okay.

(I kid, I kid, but man, I wish we got the colours that didn't look like cheap third-party trash.)

Gold came out, or at least it did in Canada. I think it was GameStop/EB exclusive at first, but should have spread to more retailers (Amazon at least).

If any of them do come to Canada it should be a lot easier to get an import here to the states. Or at least less on shipping.

Last gen my favorite DS3 was a limited edition military green (not camo) that I really hope they bring back for the DS4.

I think I still have the crystal blue PS1 controller and I believe it still works. It really was my favourite back then.

20110725085720_3285.jpg

EDIT:

The 90s are back and here to stay; even the 'mom jeans' have returned. Twin Peaks is back too. All we need now is some pogs.

Yesssss

N64 vibe here
You're right, I feel that vibe...

I want the red one. However, I don't want to invest in more controllers if this gen won't last much longer. I wish there was some indication that this gen will go till at least 2020, that would make me feel more comfortable with buying some more controllers

That blue one is giving me 90s vibes. Cool options, but this is still the GOAT PS4 controller:

41Sj8p76JfL.jpg
Yup,
sadly the sticks are just about dead at this point on mine.

My Uncharted 4 DS is my backup but I love that controller as well and don't want it to start getting worn out.

Ushay

They all look ugly as shit with that cheap plastic look.
But that steel black, so nice! Wish they'd do more premium looking colours like that.

Pimpbaa

I've had a translucent blue DS2 and DS3, definitely going to continue that tradition for the DS4. Color looks a little different however.

Ryne

I'm going to import the midnight blue, I don't care if you want to sell it here or not Sony.

Will go well with my collection of DS4s

Been able to find the crystal and crystal red ones (they look great!) at my local retailers but it seems none of the three local Walmarts have ever even seen a stock up of the crystal blue.

I mean, I could just order them on the website with free shipping and probably will at this rate, but has anyone actually seen one in the flesh at their local Walmart? Wondering if it's worth waiting a week or so to see if they actually show up on shelves, considering the closest of the three Walmarts in my town is basically right across the street.

I work nights and my leasing office receives all packages on behalf of residents for security reasons, so getting packages shipped can be a real pain for me. They have pretty limited daytime hours when I'm usually asleep and not open on weekends. Hoping I can find a pair of crystal blues in store soon.

These are all available here in Taiwan. I snagged the Metallic Black controller yesterday and I gotta say, it’s way nicer than I initially thought. Probably the slickest looking controller I’ve owned. I had the Crystal/White controller for a while but decided I just wanted all of my accessories to be either black or grey. So I’ve got the anniversary controller, the jet black that came with my Pro, and now this Metallic Black one.

Consider importing, those of you who might want it. Totally worth it.

Is the battery any better? I have two Dual Shock 4s which I've had for ~4 and ~3 years, and the battery life is just shocking on them. Each controller can sit pretty much idle for most of the day while my kids are watching DVDs or Netflix and still completely run out of battery that night. It's really pissing me off and I'm considering buying a new one.

Is the battery any better? I have two Dual Shock 4s which I've had for ~4 and ~3 years, and the battery life is just shocking on them. Each controller can sit pretty much idle for most of the day while my kids are watching DVDs or Netflix and still completely run out of battery that night. It's really pissing me off and I'm considering buying a new one.

When I upgraded to PS4 Pro last year and got my first updated Dual Shock 4, it has consistently felt like the updated ones last about 1-2 hours longer. It could be a placebo effect as I've not measured them in detail, but I feel like that same feeling was echoed quite a lot when the updated DS4s made their debut.

It's not substantial, but there's been a few marathon sessions with games where it felt like I wasn't needing to swap controllers as often since they updated models debuted.

I think there was enough hearsay about it that someone out there ran some more detailed measurements in order to confirm or deny.

Top Bottom