• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

You have two options

1. Both PS4s are wirelessly connected to the router, so they have internet access. Then you connect one PS4 to the other with the ethernet cable so they can transfer directly between them. (WiFi transfer of content would...take awhile, which is why they need the cable.)

2. You plug both PS4s into the router individually. They have internet by default and can communicate with each other over the router too. This only works if you have enough ports, but it's temporary...

What you can't do, for example, is have your old PS4 wired to the internet but your Pro on Wifi. You need them both connected in the same way (otherwise you'd have no way to cable connect them)
I was under the impression that you could just connect the Ethernet cable directly to each PS4s without having to connect to a router. I guess not?

Baalzebup

So the transferring of data is as simple as being signed in on both consoles, connecting the consoles together with an ethernet cable, and going into the settings and transferring/copying the data?
Yup. I just started the process on my consoles. Though I'm using the option of having both connected to the same router instead of connecting the consoles themselves, but it should be the same.

Trojan

Super anecdotal but my same exact wired set up is blazing fast compared to the original PS4. It's like twice as fast and seems to be approximating what my speeds actually are.

Is anyone else seeing this too? If this is true and due to something hardware-related with the PS4 Pro, this might push me over the edge and order one. I have 75mbps internet but my PSN speeds are never using that whole bandwidth.

That's exactly what I did with my OG PS4 and what I'm doing with the Pro. Just need to reinstall the OS and restore/copy backup saves/data from backup to Pro. Already sold my PS4 so I won't be doing the LAN console to console transfer.

Ahh, I see thanks.

RedAssedApe

Banned
is there any difference in how the UI feels? the OG PS4 sometimes gets into PS3/Xbox360 lagginess in the homescreen when a game is running

I am NOT selling my launch PS4 even though I'm getting a Pro. Thing looks too damn sexy on that vertical stand, and I know there will be a reason for me to have two PS4s. A reason I have not yet stumbled upon.

airjoca

Trust me, I'm a PROfessional :)

UA9VBK2.jpg

VPMMxg9.jpg

Rt4n3tx.jpg

ckohler

I traded in my launch PS4 for credit at GameStop but I just learned that they are not selling Pros until tomorrow. :(

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I sent my old ps4 off to amazon without backing it up. Somethings wrong with my laptop and I couldn't format my external hard drive to work with the ps4. Had to ship it off before going out of town and now I'm dreading re-downloading all of my everything :(

Still excited for tomorrow night when I get back!

airjoca

Awesome!, How's the vertical stand? I'm curious because the original PS4 stand had quite a bit of wobble and I'm contemplating wether or not to pick one up today with my pro.

You can wobble the console a bit, but feels relatively safe. It's a lot sexier than the original though. :)

Afrikan

dang it, I miss calculated my spending account... been spending as if I was a baller lately....smh.

Can't get it tonight, will have to wait till Tuesday. :/

i would assume so its one of the recommend ways sony put int he ps4 pro FAQ for those upgrading to the pro plus the firmware is the exact same between the two systems.

Yeah I had a look through the FAQ on the blog but that method isnt explicitly mentioned as a way to transfer data.

For some still on the fence, I recorded two videos in order to show what kind of advantage super sampling will give you on 1080p sets.

https://mega.nz/#!8Y9hgITB

https://mega.nz/#!YNFxCa6Z

The super sampling clean the image of shimmering effects in the distance. In the case of Second Son, I rather play with the cleaner IQ at 30 fps of super sampling than the near 60fps experience (maybe if it was perfectly stable I would change my mind)

EDIT: Here how SS affect fences

sshfcpsvf.png

sssupersamp90sjj.png

It's pretty cool that super sampling allow you to see through the fences. I'm ok with this kind of upgrade for all future titles on ps4.

If RGB is unsupported/grayed out is it because I don't have a 4K TV with HDR (just 4K) or is there something else in the chain of Pro -> Receiver -> TV that makes it unavailable.

Mothman91

Any good trade in deals? With FFXV and some exclusives coming, thinking about getting a pro for good performance and visual upgrades.

Finding the disc drive to be louder than my OG PS4. Making quite a bit of noise while playing Dishonored 2.

BTW, no Pro enhancements for Dishonored 2? Nothing in the settings anywhere...

Mine's coming in tomorrow. Can't wait. I've been out of a PS4 for a whole week since trading it in to amazon to pay towards the Pro lol.

Is this true? a buddy of mine told me that, whatever game application/system data backed onto an external hard drive from a non PS4 Pro system, can't be restored onto PS4 Pro after inserting the 2TB HDD which from the non PS4 pro!

NewDust

Is this true? a buddy of mine told me that, whatever game application/system data backed onto an external hard drive from a non PS4 Pro system, can't be restored onto PS4 Pro after inserting the 2TB HDD which from the non PS4 pro!
You have to be logged in on the same account, and on the latest firnware, before you can restore a backup.

Humdinger

I'm in the process of initializing (wiping) my PS4. I've been very happy with my console. It's been a good 3 years. I'm looking forward to the upgrade tomorrow, though.

Top Bottom