• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

I think I'm sticking with the OG. I haven't seen much from the 1080p guys that tells me I should upgrade and honestly, it sounds like it's worth it only if you're going to be on a 4K set.

Anyone else getting corrupted data or is it just me ? I uninstalled Uncharted 4 now and will install another game.

I still could play UC4, which was weird.

.eJwNzMENgzAMAMBdMkBMTDGYBfqrukKURAEJ6ig2r6q7l_dJ93VXP9zqNrOmK0DeNUnPXk16rMVXkXqU2Hb1SU6IZjFtZ_mYAoaJmZA5DNPMNDABPmgcESkst_ASZoJ761ezkv379XS_P1E-I2c.ccxEFWj0w8XgDEc5oaJXlIb3IZo

Can anybody help me? Happened now with Fifa 17 and UNcharted 4...

Mines sat here next to me now. Back in the box. Where it shall remain indefinitely.

Stupid low stock Firecuda bastards.

Hoping to actually try it out within a week.

Shin-Ra

Pro comes preinstalled with System Software 3.70 which doesn't render any of the PDM (PS4 OS) in native 2160p. It's all upscaled if connected to a 4K display.

Once you install System Software 4.05 you start getting the sharper UI benefits. There's still a mix of UHD and HD graphics so Sony's still got work to do.

It is not a 10 bit panel but it supports 10 bit color depths, what ever that means.

HDR should work however, regardless.

It is a 10 bit panel according to Rtings.

I think I may have found the issue. I am using the ARC HDMI port in the back of my TV.
I need to switch it to HDMI1

Seijuro

I think I'm sticking with the OG. I haven't seen much from the 1080p guys that tells me I should upgrade and honestly, it sounds like it's worth it only if you're going to be on a 4K set.
After reading some impressions and watching a few videos I feel the same way.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I see this as being important so as a 1080p owner I post my thoughts once I've tested a few games

AmyS

Really dumb question:

With Rise of the Tomb Raider on PS4 Pro (haven't installed yet) hooked up to my 4K/HDR TV, will I be able to use the 1080p high framerate mode and 1080p enhanced graphics mode or would I actually have to connect the PS4 Pro to my 1080p HD set? I thought I read that PS4 Pro would only do those kind of things when it detects a connection to a normal 1080p TV. Maybe not ?

zedge

It is a 10 bit panel according to Rtings.

I think I may have found the issue. I am using the ARC HDMI port in the back of my TV.
I need to switch it to HDMI1

Yes, it needs to be plugged into HDM1 for HDR.

But no, it is not a 10 bit panel.

http://ca.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ku6300

Wide Color Gamut : No
DCI P3 xy : 76.31 %
DCI P3 uv : 82.94 %
Rec 2020 xy : 54.77 %
Rec 2020 uv : 60.55 %
The range of colors the Samsung TV can display is only good enough for Rec. 709 content. Sending an HDR signal or settings the color space to native will not give you a wider color gamut.

Its still a fantastic set though, I love mine. 6290 version. I could not justify the over $2K price point of the higher end models.

If I just bought a PS4 at PSVR launch and only have a few games downloaded, should I bother with a system transfer or just re download?

Give it a few minutes and it will decrease but it will take 3-4 hours for nearly 700 GB to transfer.

I'm doing a 365 GB transfer and it looks like it will take about 2 hours total.

Edit: Actually it will probably go quicker than that as I have been transferring for about 45 minutes and and I'm about 45% done.

I'm 310 gb into a 725 gb transfer. Says I have 105 minutes remaining and probably been going about an hour so it will probably take me a little under 3 hours to transfer it all.

So for someone who might get a Pro today, are these the steps that I need to take in order to ensure I don't run into any problems?

1. Buy Pro, sign into my PSN profile. Start data transfer with old PS4.
2. Once data transfer is complete, make Pro Pro primary console, deactivate old PS4 and reset to factory settings?

After that, will I be able to go?

I think you can just do the transfer first, but be sure to deactivate your previous console. Then do the rest.

When I started my transfer to the Pro it asked me if I wanted to deactivate my old console and set my Pro as primary so it's actually part of the transfer and setup process.

I hate this mixed bag of shit engine made from Quake 3.... But.... And I can't believe I'm about to say this

CoD Infinite Warfare looks amazing on Pro. The bump in graphical fidelity is just remarkable.

I played half of the campaign on my old console, and now I'm playing the other half on Pro. Looks like another game.

Also..... Rock FUCKING solid 60 fps all the way. Didn't saw a single drop on the campaign.

Ammogeddon

I made the schoolboy error of assuming all my game saves have been auto-uploading to the network before I wiped my PS4......they haven't :(

Set my pro up this evening and found that out. Not sure why that happened to be honest, I'm sure it was set correctly and I have plenty of room in the cloud storage.

DOWN

Banned
I legit want to drive home from work 3 hours early to not have it sitting at my door all day like it is

cakely

If I just bought a PS4 at PSVR launch and only have a few games downloaded, should I bother with a system transfer or just re download?

Is one of those games P.T ?

Otherwise, yeah, as long as your saves are backed up to PS+, you probably can just re-download.

StNd

So, do I need to delete all the games and such on my OG PS4 2T HDD before deactivating it and before I put that 2T in my PS4Pro?

Or can I just deactivate my OG PS4 and just swap the HDDs. I know all data is lost of course, I'm willing to re-download all my stuff.

Thanks!

Yes, it needs to be plugged into HDM1 for HDR.

But no, it is not a 10 bit panel.

http://ca.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ku6300

Its still a fantastic set though, I love mine. 6290 version. I could not justify the over $2K price point of the higher end models.

ahh you are right.

Hoping this fixes it. Also I was looking at the same models but also could not justify. I am not that big on HDR but the fact this can do the basics of it I am happy. The TV itself is amazing.

DOWN

Banned
So, do I need to delete all the games and such on my OG PS4 2T HDD before deactivating it and before I put that 2T in my PS4Pro?

Or can I just deactivate my OG PS4 and just swap the HDDs. I know all data is lost of course, I'm willing to re-download all my stuff.

Thanks!
Check that your saves are in the cloud, deactivate, and then you are good to swap drives and redone load stuff once you set up the new system

That's what im doing

RIP PT

RedAssedApe

Banned
I legit want to drive home from work 3 hours early to not have it sitting at my door all day like it is

i hate that. luckily i know my neighbors so if its something relatively expensive i'll text to see if they are home and can grab it for me.

Lucifon

Honestly can't tell the difference in image quality in tlou switching between 30 and 60fps. Impressive stuff, don't see why you'd pick 30.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Does that effect HDR?

HDR can be enabled in Game Mode. the increase in input lag using HDR in game mode has not been determined just yet that I've found, however, it is thought to be up to 10ms slower, which from their low input lag in Game Mode without it on that model shouldn't be an issue.

Formosa

For the people that has a 4K TV HDR and the Pro, can we all share what would be the best Video Output Setting on the Pro?

Here is mine:
Resolution: Automatic
RGB Range: Automatic
HDR: Automatic
Deep Color Output: Automatic

I am wondering if I should change to Full RGB Range?

Moodz

My Ps4 Pro makes A LOT of noise while reading a disc compared to og Ps4, like during the first loading of TLOU.
Is it normal?

Top Bottom