• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Fix

Yeah, I wasn't sure where'd be the best place. And also, though I know of the remaining characters, the ratio of who's going where is something I don't know.

In which case, it sounds like they aren't planning anymore DLC characters after the supposed bunch. Who knows.

2553926_o.gif

Here's hoping these final ones are at least Crash, Spyro or Solid Snake.
LOL.

Thanks a lot, I'm glad you like it. Some things are tentative and definitely could be altered. But the thing that remains is 1) back to hand drawn art and 2) some new gameplay mechanics (if not the ones I suggested, something else). Just having a little fun with the thought though...nothing too serious. :)

I'd absolutely love the idea of new in-game mechanics but at the same time I would love the re-introduction of Street Fighter 3's parry system which was executed really well. Plus I would love to see a Hand Drawn Street Fighter game in HD, it would look absolutely amazing! :)

I also sent you a PM. :)

Drencrom

SmithnCo

There's still a lot of time to discuss the game. Detailing every mode, Characters?, and tid bits now wouldn't be a very sound marketing strategy.

I do wish they'd start rolling this stuff out though. Though I guess the UI may not be finished I think them showing what the tournament mode, challenges, etc look like would placate people to an extent.

I do wish they'd start rolling this stuff out though. Though I guess the UI may not be finished I think them showing what the tournament mode, challenges, etc look like would placate people to an extent.

The blogcast guys said they have been getting a lot of videos and featurettes together for this game 2 weeks ago, so we should see more soon.....I hope.

I'd like to say I've become a god at dodging lvl 3 supers that aren't those shitty shoot the whole screen ones. Sweetooth and Kratos Lvl 3's are childsplay to me now.

I AM THE GOD OF WAR!

Unless I use shitty shitty mc gee sweettooth >.<

Noi

I'd like to say I've become a god at dodging lvl 3 supers that aren't those shitty shoot the whole screen ones. Sweetooth and Kratos Lvl 3's are childsplay to me now.

I AM THE GOD OF WAR!

Sweet Tooth's is easy enough, but it's impossible for me to dodge Kratos' forever with Radec's limited mobility. That upwards sword swing on his sliding attack gets me every time. :(

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Sweet Tooth's is easy enough, but it's impossible for me to dodge Kratos' forever with Radec's limited mobility. That upwards sword swing on his sliding attack gets me every time. :(

True, Radec's playstyle really suits me though so he'll be my first mained character.

I AM THE GOD OF WAR!

Unless I use shitty shitty mc gee sweettooth >.<

Also, Parappa/Fat P's Super 2's can be easy to dodge too. I love dodging them and imagining their reactions

Noi

I hate that! When somebody launches a level 3 isn't it an unspoken rule that we have a temporary alliance?!?!

Nonsense, that's the best time to pick off people that are distracted by the bigger threat. Extra points for me, less for person who used the level 3!

I die to most level 3's for a reason.

Nonsense, that's the best time to pick off people that are distracted by the bigger threat. Extra points for me, less for person who used the level 3!

I die to most level 3's for a reason.

Extra points for you? But I thought nobody else could score during a level 3 haha that would be something

Noi

Extra points for you? But I thought nobody else could score during a level 3 haha that would be something

Oh, I don't mean mean during the level 3. But if a super is already activated when someone like Kratos/Radec does a level 3 (which is what I do), they don't stop the activation so I can still get my kill~

I can't believe how OP Parapa's level 2 is. Yea you can "dodge" it, but it is crazy how long it lasts, how fast it is and that it just has to barely touch you to kill you. I don't even know why someone would wait to get his level 3.

This is my first time playing this game however, all in all I'm liking it for the most part. Definitely feels a ton different than Smash once you start getting deeper into it.

TheMink

I can't believe how OP Parapa's level 2 is. Yea you can "dodge" it, but it is crazy how long it lasts, how fast it is and that it just has to barely touch you to kill you. I don't even know why someone would wait to get his level 3.

This is my first time playing this game however, all in all I'm liking it for the most part. Definitely feels a ton different than Smash once you start getting deeper into it.

Conversely fat p's is worthless XD

It goes so slow and its so hard to hit people now they know what the dodge button is >.<

B.O.O.M

gotta agree with darkness on that one. Parappa lvl 2 is like a lvl 3! Easily at least 3-4 kills.

And I'm not the only who is loving the new beta theme right? It's so friggin epic. It's stuck in my head now...

I would like some changes to the scream 'battle' a bit personally tho

Dreweyes

gotta agree with darkness on that one. Parappa lvl 2 is like a lvl 3! Easily at least 3-4 kills.

And I'm not the only who is loving the new beta theme right? It's so friggin epic. It's stuck in my head now...

Is the song online to hear?

Conversely fat p's is worthless XD

It goes so slow and its so hard to hit people now they know what the dodge button is >.<

Yea I know! That's the problem with the game, its way too easy to just compare specials and determine who is useless or the best.

Agreed about the "battle!". Maybe it would be cool if each time it says Battle it is a different character saying it, probably cheesy in reality though

TheMink

Yea I know! That's the problem with the game, its way too easy to just compare specials and determine who is useless or the best.

Agreed about the "battle!". Maybe it would be cool if each time it says Battle it is a different character saying it, probably cheesy in reality though

But also that makes it easy to work out! :p
So its a double edged sword.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
They're clearly screaming "Squirtle!" which is how I choose to hear it.

I'd like to see more about the stages that were hinted at in the trailer. I'm done with the character shit. It just devolves into people bitching about things that ultimately aren't important, and it annoys the fuck out of me.

Talk about stages, modes, and some other features like the rankings and belts, and tournament system. We're less than 2 months away from release, and I'm just looking to find out more about the extras than the roster.

B.O.O.M

hahaha oh wow Sir dan :D Fatty P is also good

btw is it just me or is Sweet Tooth missing his 'Honey I'm home' bit? But I guess this is just the voices at the select screen

Takao

Banned

Parappa's Level 1 sucks though so I guess it balances it out.

JoshHood

To all those who keep looking to Eurogamer Expo for reveals, I wouldn't - its much more about hands-on time than reveals, and Battle Royale doesn't have a 'developer session' (pretty much the only place they could announce stuff that wasn't just simultaneously on the Blog). Builds at EGX tend to be E3 ones too, not even Gamescom or later.

It could happen, and that'd be lovely, I'm just saying don't expect it.

Man, people are so obnoxious talking about how rough this game looks compared to Smash Bro's. Yea, because it is in Beta... unlike Smash where they just put it out with shit online, yet are completely forgiven because; Nintendo.

Gamers are brutal about this game. They really don't like seeing anyone get near their nintendo's, as if Nintendo had so many original/unique games this generation.

bakedpony

They're just pissed because Smash is no longer alone in the console mascot fighter genre. They will loathe on PSAS because us PS fans finally have a mashup fighting game. They no longer have the genre all for themselves, it's as simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom