• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game will only do good to smash players if it pushes Sakurai and friends even a little to make a working online next time. Well I heard that TTT2 has decent online so that gives me hope Bamco shows how its done.

Wow, Raiden sounds really terrible. Not that I have a problem with Raiden or Quinton Flynn -- in fact I like both -- but he was totally misdirected. He sounds way too emo and gravelly. Raiden doesn't sound anything like this in MGS 2, MGS 4, or Revengeance. Shame.

Also, I haven't played the Infamous games yet, but does Cole always sound like a creepy pedobear type of guy? I thought he was supposed to be a hero? (From the picture on the video, those voice clips seem like they belong to Good Cole, not Evil Cole.)

TheMink

Wow, Raiden sounds really terrible. Not that I have a problem with Raiden or Quinton Flynn -- in fact I like both -- but he was totally misdirected. He sounds way too emo and gravelly. Raiden doesn't sound anything like this in MGS 2, MGS 4, or Revengeance. Shame.

Also, I haven't played the Infamous games yet, but does Cole always sound like a creepy pedobear type of guy? I thought he was supposed to be a hero? (From the picture on the video, those voice clips seem like they belong to Good Cole, not Evil Cole.)

I like raiden! :(

And yes.

Bad news, it's not Anna Torv. Good news, it's Jennifer Hale! :D Naomi Hunter/Commander Shepard herself! Luckily I'd know both of their voices anywhere.

So they couldn't get the original Nariko voice actress back, we have to settle with Lost Frontier Jak, Dante sounds like someone completely different... what the fuck's going on here SuperBot?!

KalBalboa

Banned
I noticed on the Vita version of the beta how one of Sweet Tooth's selection noises was basically the Krusty the Clown groan. This made me most happy.

SSReborn

!!!! Good Hints! :D

I was 1 year old but I do remember flashes of me playing Mario Bros on the NES.

Wish i knew what happened to my console after that!

Anyway Paul, the bear looks good on you ;) makes you look bad-ass like Snake of Big Boss ;) ….

Btw, apart from FF, MGS, SF and CV..wasnt Megaman released on that year too?

oh! and one thing, the other day when checking the PSABR web page (http://www.playstationallstars.com/), I noticed something weird while refreshing the characters section!!! I noticed 10 empty slots!!! 5 before Kratos and 5 after Sir Daniel :eek: !! (wish I could upload a pic!)

So, could the final roster be of 30 characters? ;) ,

Paul Gale said:
You have cracked the 22+ code to an extent. :)

GameFaqs seems to think that this adds up to a 25 player roster.

Drencrom

Link(s)?

Also, lol

A2rnLMrCUAAYg-G.jpg:large

Man, after TGS came and went with no reveals, I don't even know what to think anymore. Thanks to Paul Gale's unwillingness to comment on whether the remaining characters he knows about are on-disc or DLC, I've beee starting to think that Paul and TheMink have the same info (the current 20 on disc and Kat + Ryu for DLC, and that's it) and that they're just presenting it differently. I REALLY don't want to think that's the case, but all signs seem to be pointed in that direction for now. I'm definitely expecting disappointment at this point, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

A 25-character roster would be excellent, and 30 would be even better... though I'm not expecting either, and 25 would be much likelier than 30. If New York Comic-Con comes and goes with no reveals as well, though, I'm going to be pretty much certain that 20 is all we're getting on disc.

CC and I teamed up and had some killer matches in the beta today. It was cool, with him playing as Parappa and me as Radec I already saw how we could form strategies.
The PaRadec combo seemed like a good team too.
I'll update with more later

I-hate-u

Could be a regional disconnect. We're more likely to see stuff in EU and NA events if we go by how things have been turning out for Sony...

I was sure that Kiryu, if ever revealed, will be shown at TGS. Same with Cloud or any FF rep. Unless Sony was stupid enough to miss a big opportunity to hype their flagship title this holiday season in Japan, I think Kiryu/Cloud might not make it in.

SIGH

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
It's not going to be a 5 character roster, because each character has a rival. It will be an even number of characters: 22, 24, or 26.

I'll go with 22 and leave it at that. If it's 20, well, I'm cool with that too, but we know DLC characters are in the pipeline.

Yea It's probably going to be either 22 or 24 characters. If it's 25 then the last character might be the boss character(if he/she's playable) and might not have a rival.

I'm seeing Kat, Ryu*cringe*, FF Rep(Hopefully Cloud over Lightning) and Snake/Crash and the boss character.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Yea It's probably going to be either 22 or 24 characters. If it's 25 then the last character might be the boss character(if he/she's playable) and might not have a rival.

I'm seeing Kat, Ryu*cringe*, FF Rep(Hopefully Cloud over Lightning) and Snake/Crash and the boss character.

Yeah, forgot about the final boss. If the final boss is a playable unlockable, then that's the only way I can see it being an odd number of characters.

SSReborn

Yeah, forgot about the final boss. If the final boss is a playable unlockable, then that's the only way I can see it being an odd number of characters.

Well it could still work very easily because rivals aren't paired off. So for instance Dante's Rival is Nariko in his storyline but Nariko's rival isn't neccesarily Dante in hers meaning they can mix and match where they want to.

As an example Ryu shows up in 6 different rivalries with Gouken, Sagat, Ken, Sakura, Rose and Akuma in SSF4

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Well it could still work very easily because rivals aren't paired off. So for instance Dante's Rival is Nariko in his storyline but Nariko's rival isn't neccesarily Dante in hers meaning they can mix and match where they want to.

As an example Ryu shows up in 6 different rivalries with Gouken, Sagat, Ken, Sakura, Rose and Akuma in SSF4

Has Superbot said that rivalries work that way, though, or is that speculation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom