• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation: Bid On Items With Gold Trophies (CFW cheaters winning)

Drakeon

Really great to see Sony giving a big fuck you to the hackers and stripping Redsoxfan of his awesome killzone prize.

NHale

How do you amass 1000 gold trophies legitimately? How many hours total play time is that? Honest question, because it kind of blows my mind.

It depends. Some games give gold trophies like candy (Terminator Salvation) and they are very easy, others have 1 gold trophy. But even playing easy games like Hannah Montana or Megamind, getting 1000 golds would require a lot of time just playing for trophies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
How do you amass 1000 gold trophies legitimately? How many hours total play time is that? Honest question, because it kind of blows my mind.

Simple play games over time

Some give them to you in bunches, some are very rare to get or earn

From 2008-2013, even though 5 years, I really Trophy Played 3.5 years (1.5 years removed for sickness/work/semi-retirement) I have roughly earned 650 Gold Trophies

So 200 Gold every year, if you average it out 3-5 Gold per game that' roughly 50+ games a year to go through

You could earn 3 gold trophies within less than a minute if you buy MLB '13 The Show Home Run Derby ($5), I got it for free from a friend ~.^
3 Gold, 1 Bronze
2WhDCgH.png

37 Seconds!

That was just a cakewalk game, but most are medium to hard to earn
Not many Gold Trophies are given away just for shits and giggles

Donos

Hey GraveRobberX, when this is done, post how many Gold Trophies you got after the "Bid On Item" announcement. I bet you're putting in work right now :)

What is your estimate on overall trophies of all games that are available, in relation to your trophies. How much % of overall trophies do you have? Is that compareable online somehow? Would be interesting.

Thanks on the inside of the trophy hunter scene. Very interesting stuff.

Noi

Hey GraveRobberX, when this is done, post how many Gold Trophies you got after the "Bid On Item" announcement. I bet you're putting in work right now :)

What is your estimate on overall trophies of all games that are available, in relation to your trophies. How much % of overall trophies do you have? Is that compareable online somehow? Would be interesting.

Yeah, most trophy sites give you a completion % for how many trophies you have vs all the trophies you could have from everything you've played. I don't really pay attention to it myself cause I have games on my list that friends popped in once to play for a bit that I have no interest in playing.

Meia

Honestly, the contest itself highlights why I dislike trophies in comparison to points. That some games give golds like candy and others don't is silly. If you buy certain games, you're penalized is kind of crap. At least points are points.

As a comparison, own as many ps3 games as I do 360, but never really tried to be a completionist. I have like 28k gamerscore, but only like 25 gold trophies. That's silly.

Donos

Honestly, the contest itself highlights why I dislike trophies in comparison to points. That some games give golds like candy and others don't is silly. If you buy certain games, you're penalized is kind of crap. At least points are points.

As a comparison, own as many ps3 games as I do 360, but never really tried to be a completionist. I have like 28k gamerscore, but only like 25 gold trophies. That's silly.

Well but some achievements which give you more points are certainly easier to get than some which give you less points. I don't see the big difference. It's how the devs decide what is worth a lot of points / silver or gold trophy.

Noi

Eh, they both have their flaws. Points just get added into a pool where they become indistinguishable from each other; someone can have 20k GS for doing stuff like Avatar or way less for just playing games like Dark Souls, but you still get 1k score total per game regardless if it's retail. On PS3, Terminator Salvation gives you a bunch of gold trophies, but it's still only 12 trophies overall. Devs nowadays are much smarter about giving bronze/silver/gold trophies to tasks of their respective difficulty.

GraveRobberX

I rest my case

XfbzILx.png

Yeah it's not like MS GS is pure by any standards LOL

Takes roughly 5-10 minutes to pump your GS by 1000

What is your estimate on overall trophies of all games that are available, in relation to your trophies. How much % of overall trophies do you have? Is that comparable online somehow? Would be interesting.

http://psnprofiles.com/GraveRobberX/stats

Enjoy!

NHale

Golds are not the only thing that matter since they are not the only kind of trophy so comparing gamerscore to gold trophies is silly. If your argument is only based on the points, then you should know both systems work exactly the same way: each Xbox retail game gives you 1000 points while each PS3 retail games gives you ~1230 points.

The way they distribute those 1230 points is what makes it that some games have more golds than others because golds are worth 90 points, while silver are 30 and bronze 15 (platinum is mandatory and worth 180). So each developer decide the best way to distribute the 1230 points (1 platinum + 2 gold + 20 silver + 18 bronze is worth the same as 1 platinum + 1 gold + 0 silver + 64 bronze), the same way devs making X360 games divide those 1000 points the way they want (can give 100pts for an achievement or 1pt, it's up to them. Difficulty is not synonymous with points, because some games gives you 25pts for pressing the start button, while some very hard Rock Band achievements are worth 5pts).

The only differences between both systems is that every Xbox game has achievements while not every PS3 game has trophies since the system was only implemented in 2008 and only mandatory since 2009 (?) and PS3 has the Platinum trophy for gaining every trophy which is a remarkable way to distinguish people that master games from those that play a lot of games.

GraveRobberX

This guy won the Killzone Black Hand Outfit

http://ps3trophies.com/profile/ROBG691/stats

The guy is getting like 50-60 gold per day in the past 10 days.

Is that even possible ?

smh.

Umm... What?

He's legit man...

I think you are reading the stats wrong

I was @644 when this competition started, now I'm @657
13 Golds over a weeks time, most coming from Hitman Trilogy (2 & Contracts, started up Blood Money)

You can amass 20-25+ if you play Gold Heavy Games or Easy Games real quickly

Check out his stats here: http://psnprofiles.com/robg691/stats

It shows his monthly progression, the other site does it weird like quarterly+ so it looks really off

Raymo

I love how this redsoxfan guy still isn't banned. Lol..

Honestly, I don't think he should be banned. Its video games. It shouldn't be taken so seriously as to strip away all past purchases he may have made on the psn store and pther things associated with his account. Instead, they should just reset his trophy count.

That's fair.

JudgeB

Banned
Honestly, I don't think he should be banned. Its video games. It shouldn't be taken so seriously as to strip away all past purchases he may have made on the psn store and pther things associated with his account. Instead, they should just reset his trophy count.

That's fair.

Well ya, reset him at least. That's what MS do to GS cheaters.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Man, going through Redsoxfan95's profile is great.

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/159-Guitar-Hero-5/redsoxfan95

Somehow I don't think he played through Guitar Hero 5 that fast.

Trophy times are a few seconds apart... For things that took hours. And lots of coordination with multiple people. And somehow he collected 500 stars in career BEFORE 25 stars in career. OH MY GOD. He plays so fast he goes backwards.

This reminds me of Xbox 360 cheevo whoring in like, 2007.

Good work Sorny.

Top Bottom