• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

Tizoc

As is are there any Arcade racers on PS4? By this I mean games like the PS360 NFS Hot Pursuit.
I don't consider Driveclub an arcade racer since it is more akin to GT when it comes to car handling.

eFKac

As is are there any Arcade racers on PS4? By this I mean games like the PS360 NFS Hot Pursuit.
I don't consider Driveclub an arcade racer since it is more akin to GT when it comes to car handling.

Like full fledged racing games? Only NFS Rivals I'd say.
There's also Motorcycle Club (supposedly bad) and Ride (supposedly decent) but I'm not sure how to classify them as I haven't played either, more akin to DriveClub though I think.

There's also smaller, more casual games like Riptide GP2, Beach Buggy Racing, Cel Damage HD, which all look really fun, but are different experiences than a NFS title.

Tizoc

Hmm I'll see if my regular shop has NFS Rivals and prob. pick it up.

I might get Riptide GP2 this week, I need more racing games and while I'd love a jet ski game, the water effects need to be mindblowing :/

eFKac

Hmm I'll see if my regular shop has NFS Rivals and prob. pick it up.

I might get Riptide GP2 this week, I need more racing games and while I'd love a jet ski game, the water effects need to be mindblowing :/

Ohh damn, forgot about The Crew!

It should actually be up your alley, the concept seems pretty great and ambitious, the execution not so much. Game suffers a bit from the Ubisoft Formula™ and is online focused, but it's also on sale currently, at least on EU PSN so way cheaper than NFS Rivals. I only played Rivals (and that briefly) so can't compare them, but give it a look.

Ambitious

I was pretty excited when I heard that the latest update for the PS iOS app supposedly included in-app access to the PSN store.
Turns out literally all they did was add an in-app browser. Jesus Christ.

eFKac

I was pretty excited when I heard that the latest update for the PS iOS app supposedly included in-app access to the PSN store.
Turns out literally all they did was add an in-app browser. Jesus Christ.

Lol haven't checked after the update yet, thought it's actually in-app as well. So it's basically like pre the revamp when you had a browser pop up in within the app? That's hilarious.

So 3 more days until P4D is out in Japan with the P5 trailer (or less even, if it leaks), 6 more for the God Eater anniversary event, 9 until Anime Expo. Now are we hype or what?

Tizoc

Ohh damn, forgot about The Crew!

It should actually be up your alley, the concept seems pretty great and ambitious, the execution not so much. Game suffers a bit from the Ubisoft Formula™ and is online focused, but it's also on sale currently, at least on EU PSN so way cheaper than NFS Rivals. I only played Rivals (and that briefly) so can't compare them, but give it a look.

I have The Crew Beta in my download list, should I give it a whirl?

Pretty annoyed they removed the ability to top up your PSN wallet with Paypal. Can't even link my Paypal account as a payment method, just keeps erroring out on the Paypal website >_<

I swear, it's as if Sony don't want my money sometimes. What was wrong with the old system?

AmanoBuff

Pretty annoyed they removed the ability to top up your PSN wallet with Paypal. Can't even link my Paypal account as a payment method, just keeps erroring out on the Paypal website >_<

I swear, it's as if Sony don't want my money sometimes. What was wrong with the old system?

Same here. I think I'll stick to buying PSN cards from Amazon to fund my account. I was never a fan of linking my cc to the PSN store.

Really? When did this happen?
You can still use Paypal, but they changed how it works. Instead of just putting in your Paypal details every time, you now need to link your Paypal account to your PSN account like how you would your bank card.

It's super shitty, because Paypal used to be much better than just leaving your bank details on your account but now it works pretty much the same...

Ambitious

Lol haven't checked after the update yet, thought it's actually in-app as well. So it's basically like pre the revamp when you had a browser pop up in within the app? That's hilarious.

This was already in the app before? Can't remember.
But yes, it's just a browser popup. And it's slow as hell. Just awful.

The PSN web store - both desktop and mobile - is an embarrassing mess and should be completely scrapped and re-written from scratch.

img_1647ksurp.jpg

You can still use Paypal, but they changed how it works. Instead of just putting in your Paypal details every time, you now need to link your Paypal account to your PSN account like how you would your bank card.

It's super shitty, because Paypal used to be much better than just leaving your bank details on your account but now it works pretty much the same...

I added money to my account the old way just last week. Maybe they only changed it for US PSN?

ZeroAKA

Yeah, there's just no way I'm linking my Paypal account to PSN. I guess I'll have to go back to using PSN cards.

ryseing

I'm not sure whether to feel surprised or sorry for you. You should definitely get Resistance Burning Skies.
/s

Get it for the easy plat.

Are the servers even still online?

Really, not even Trails?
Lost Dimension is pretty interesting going by the demo and the concept/story.
P4D is a must for me but I guess that depends entirely on if you like Persona or its music.
I'm playing Ar No Surge on PS3 right now it's a very nice jrpg.

I'm not very into super niche japanese stuff or even indies and I still find stuff to look forward to on the Vita.

Nah. I gave the first TiTS a shot and wasn't a fan. I want to try SAO but I really don't want to drop more than $15 on it because I have no idea whether I'll like it or not. Not a Persona fan for whatever reason.

US boxart, published by Atlus and date of the US version. Looks like they are just selling the US version, which is a bit weird though.
Same thing is now listed on amazon.de, but in the category "foreign books" and the price in EUR (52,72) is exactly $60 when converted. This is all very strange
http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00YFAIW4C/
Weird, I've got a UK account and it's been the new way for a few weeks now.

You can link your Paypal then immediately unlink after payment, but it's just extra hassle.
My account is German, so it seems they haven't changed it everywhere yet.

On the one hand, meh, guess that confirms no more games from NISA this year. Not that the lineup has been crap (far from it), but notably less games released this year than last.

On the other hand, hype!

Two new games for next year, I'd imagine. Probably Witch and the Hundred Knights PS4 and another EXP title.

I've been saying Witch & Hundred.5 Knight and Stranger of Sword City for a while!

I actually think there will be a third game, personally, just because of how quiet they've been this year. I hope it's Ukiyo no Roushi but I'm not expecting it.

cafemomo

Japanese PSN only
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (suppadoopa, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

1hFaqwB.png
FINAL FANTASY XV Episode Duscae (PSN) -- MB-7CBEFBEA01BF9E38 - Taken by eFKac. 19 entrants total.

t1435085903z1.png

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/06/22/new-vita-games-wil

“Yeah, we are making Vita games, but it’s not like we’re making another Killzone Mercenary.” — Sony’s had of game studios Shuhei Yoshida to us at E3, saying new Sony first-party Vita game will likely be digital and cross-platform. “From a first-party standpoint our focus is still on PS4. But we still love Vita.”

... at least it's better than his usual answers on this subject.

Shizuka

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/06/22/new-vita-games-wil

“Yeah, we are making Vita games, but it’s not like we’re making another Killzone Mercenary.” — Sony’s had of game studios Shuhei Yoshida to us at E3, saying new Sony first-party Vita game will likely be digital and cross-platform. “From a first-party standpoint our focus is still on PS4. But we still love Vita.”

... at least it's better than his usual answers on this subject.

Like Fat Princess F2P and LittleBigPlanet F2P? Yeah.

On another note, Deemo is coming out in Asia this month in english, there are already english trophies here.

Prelude.

This is literally physically painful and if you think the dub is fine you're lying to yourself.

https://youtu.be/s2HnMKloFCc?t=11s

Assuming it's not dual audio, if I can't turn off those awful "moans" during the songs I'm gonna have to import
if they don't region lock it.
No but, seriously, messing with a rhythm game during the actual tracks is pure evil.

This is literally physically painful and if you think the dub is fine you're lying to yourself.

Assuming it's not dual audio, if I can't turn off those awful "moans" during the songs I'm gonna have to import
No but, seriously, messing with a rhythm game during the actual tracks is pure evil.
The dub in the beginning was fine (saying "senpai" is still weird though), but the sounds during the song need to be optional. That wouldn't work with JP voices either. I think it's confirmed that the game is not dual audio.

I guess that was very easy mode, but some of the button prompts didn't really feel like the fit the song.

Xenoflare

I'd rather deal with that than listen to Jap Rise and Teddie. It seems the Japanese version will feature the same awkward phrases and sounds within the track

Also those clapping sounds are kinda...... annoying

I...... might gonna skip this game since it's $60 here in Canada.... not exactly liking what I see for this game right now.

Kudo

Hopefully the japanese version is not region locked, that is just painful to my ears.
Would assume menus are in english and the story doesn't require much japanese knowledge so should be fine with importing it.

The dub is fine to me. I'm not a huge fan of the weird exclamations, but as mentioned that would be annoying in Japanese too. Hopefully the game lets us mute those.

Top Bottom