• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | September 2016

I must say that I liked the look of SaGa Scarlet Grace trailer. Never played a SaGa game (more than a few hours).

Edit1: Itadaki Street is still alive?!

Edit2: I almost forgot they still got a PS VR to sell. Is Summer Lesson going to be the new Love Plus? We all know Love Plus is dead.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yeah saga looked good, but i wanted to see more... well better than nothing.
Itagaki street is a board game right?
Hype for danganronpa v3!

It's very disheartening how little Spike Chunsoft seems to care for consoles in the west

Mystery Chronicles is 10€ on Steam, 9€ with launch discount. 18€ on PSN

yaffi

It's very disheartening how little Spike Chunsoft seems to care for consoles in the west

Mystery Chronicles is 10€ on Steam, 9€ with launch discount. 18€ on PSN

I guess it costs a bit more on consoles because it's cross-buy.

Also people not on PC seem to like paying more for their games; or at least they don't seem to mind it.

I guess it costs a bit more on consoles because it's cross-buy.

Also people not on PC seem to like paying more for their games; or at least they don't seem to mind it.

I could understand a slight increase, like 12,99€. But twice the price for cross buy? Kind of misses the point

Hm, it's $15 on US PSN apparently.

Hmm just looked for a source and found this on a banned site

Spike Chunsoft has confirmed with DualShockers that the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita digital release date will be September 13, the same day as the Steam version, in North America and Europe for $14.99 and €14.99, respectively. Although, it’s not confirmed if the physical release will share this same date.

Still too high, but at least regional parity if EU PSN is a mistake atm

It's £14.99 in UK, so I kind of assume they messed that up

Takao

Banned
Based off of the announcement for both platforms, that was Sony's worst TGS presentation in years. EDF5 and Gundam Versus for PS4 are not surprises. Their three surprises either looked extremely low budget (Badman VR; why isn't this a mobile game?), will bomb (Itadaki Street) or looked bad (Musou Stars).

I find it interesting that there was nothing from Segatlus or a new Capcom title. Also, what happened to that Spike Chunsoft Vita game teased months ago?

Takao

Banned
You probably mentally blocked the L'Arc en Ciel thing. Understandable though

I meant a game, not a promotional tool. IIRC at Sony's 2014 presentation they announced Revelations 2 for PS3/PS4, and then last year they brought out Umbrella Corps (lol). I guess they're running out of Resident Evil spinoff games.

I find it interesting that there was nothing from Segatlus or a new Capcom title. Also, what happened to that Spike Chunsoft Vita game teased months ago?

God, I forgot all about that Spike Chunsoft title. I wonder what the hell it was? They're normally good for a mid-tier JRPG or VN or something.

re. Capcom - lol. You know as well as I do that they're a lost cause. I'm in the middle of making an article about Vita software sales in Japan by publisher up until the end of 2015 and it's an absolutely miserable showing by them.

Takao

Banned
I'm not talking about Vita. It's pretty clear that despite having a number of projects that could scale down to it, the platform doesn't exist to Capcom. The fact that they sold a surprising amount of copies of Sony's busted up Revelations 2 port and didn't think to toss RE4 or one of the other GC REs at Vita says it all.* The dearth (and death) of Sengoku Basara despite Koei Tecmo's continued success and the games continuing to look like Wii releases also says a lot.

*You can't even say, "Well, that would only sell in Japan" when this company shipped an Xbox 360 version of RE Zero HD earlier this year. That product has 0 appeal outside of the US, and given it was IIRC a digital exclusive on last gen, limited appeal in the US.

I'm not talking about Vita.

You kinda understood my point without even meaning it. The fact they can completely ignore this handheld which would be an easy job for porting their remaining mid-tier franchises to for easy sales speaks volumes about what disarray they must be in. For all I moan about SEGA; Square-Enix etc. sometimes at least they can pull themselves together and release a variety of games across a variety of platforms. Capcom seem barely able to keep up with releasing more than a couple of things across PS4/3DS.

(Heck, even Konami manage yearly PES and Baseball games).

Takao

Banned
The funny thing is, if you read their investor reports they love to claim they're a fully multi-platform developer. Reality says otherwise. With the exception of late Ace Attorney ports on iOS, their 3DS games are only available on 3DS. With the exception of most Resident Evil games, their HD releases are typically limited to two platforms - either XB1/PC, PS4/PC, or PS3/PS4. I guess that will change with NX, but they shouldn't be patting themselves on the back for something that hasn't been properly announced.

RK128

Just woke up and saw the announced games. Not bad for the Vita honestly; two new console colors and a few new titles look promising :).

Really enjoyed the new trailer for KHII.8 personally.

ty_hot

any idea of which game discounts we are having this week?

I recently got a Vita and I am currently playing OlliOlli2 on it (and have patapon 3 waiting), but I'd like to have some more stuff. I bought my Vita 2 or 3 weeks after those huge PSN sales with many Vita games super cheap =( Hope they come back again.

http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/49535971.html

Several Tweets from Kawazu regarding Scarlet Grace:

VitaTVには残念ながら非対応ということになりました。PSVitaの性能を最大限引き出すためには、VitaTVは諦めざるを得なかったのです。期待して待っていたユーザーの皆さん、申し訳ありませんでした。

VitaTV will not be supported. We had to give up on VitaTV in order to maximize PS Vita's capabilities. I apologize to all the users who were hoping and waiting (to play on VitaTV)

同梱版の予定はありません。同梱版をやろうとすると、締め切りが数週間から一ヶ月近く早くなってしまうのです。今回はギリギリまで作り込むために、同梱版は諦めました。PSVita本体に関しては、何か出来ることがないかSONYさんと詰めている最中です。お待ちください。[

There is no plans for any bundles. If we tried to do a bundle, the deadline will be sped up by a few weeks/close to one month. We gave up on bundles to focus on making the game instead. Regarding a PS Vita model, we're discussing with Sony if something can be done. Please wait.

Chuy

So i'm guessing TGS was just "meh" this year since i'm not seeing too much info about how it went on the front page.

Will do :). Thank you for the advice Chuy and I hope you have a great weekend man :D!
I ended up getting sick from allergies this weekend but it was ultimately worth it since i just stayed in bed playing Cold Steel again.

I gotta try Trails too. Looks real good.
It's incredibly good. It's another series i'm glad i tried out thanks to Vitagaf recommending it to me.

But aren't only the first two Sky games localised so far?
Yes but the third one is getting localized soon for pc.

Is there an OT for Playstation Now?
To my knowledge there isn't one

Hikami

So i'm guessing TGS was just "meh" this year since i'm not seeing too much info about how it went on the front page.
Sony's Pre-TGS conference, yeah. Pretty meh. edit: Watching it over again on youtube, it was pretty good the first half. Then the second half it turned into TV, commercials, VR apps, Kojima talking too long about nothing.. that was the meh part.

TGS hasn't actually started yet though. I think some companies are saving their announcements for their own streams.

Chuy

Sony's Pre-TGS conference, yeah. Pretty meh. edit: Watching it over again on youtube, it was pretty good the first half. Then the second half it turned into TV, commercials, VR apps, Kojima talking too long about nothing.. that was the meh part.

TGS hasn't actually started yet though. I think some companies are saving their announcements for their own streams.
Forgot to add the Sony part to it but yeah I kinda figured there'd be more stuff announced at the later conferences. Was hoping for a sequel/expansion to Freedom Wars to be announced but I don't think it'll happen. Surprised at the new vita colors being announced though.

Here's to hoping the other conferences are good.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
How the hell do you contact US PSN for a refund? I pre-ordered Pac Man CE 2 but I canceled it yesterday but got no reply.

I can't call them since I don't live in the US region.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Massa

I always get a We are unable to process your Chat request at this time. Please contact support through the channels offered by your local region.

That's pretty weird. I would try a VPN service like tunnelbear to mask your region.

I have a bit of a problem for those in the know but for some reason my free download for Dizzy on Guilty Gear is nowhere to be seen and now it's charging me to use her.

sucks because I was planning on buying GG revelator today :(

ULTROS!

That's pretty weird. I would try a VPN service like tunnelbear to mask your region.

Tried that also and it doesn't work. :/

autoduelist

The long custom rap over lots of varied games at the beginning was dope, and everyone should go watch it. Some other interesting stuff, some boring stuff.

Ventara

sQvNZco.jpg

Well, finally finished another Vita game in what feels like forever, and what a game! Odin Sphere is an absolute masterpiece! From story to characters to sound to presentation to gameplay, everything was top-notch! I am completely reminded why I fell in love with this back when I played it on my PS3 via the PS2 Classics line, except it's even better. The slowdown and few frustrating gameplay segments I recall from before all all gone, leaving absolutely nothing but joy to behold. Really, I have nothing but praises for this game. It replaces Gravity Rush as my favourite Vita game and Muramasa as my favourite Vanillaware game, and it'll be pretty damn hard to knock it off it's perch, let me just say. What a ride! Anyone who has a Vita and hasn't experienced this marvel are missing it on possibly the best Vita game out there.

Anyways, as for the next Vita game I play, I was debating Atelier Ayesha and Zero Time Dilemma. Although I'm near the ending of Atelier Ayesha from when I put it on hold, I think I want to go with the latter. Heard a lot about it and I don't want to tempt the chances of me getting spoiled on it any further.

Clive

i thought Flash sales is every 4th week of the month?

If there are four Fridays in a month then it's always on the third one. If there are five Fridays then it's sometimes on the third and sometimes on the fourth. I haven't seen anyone being able to find any strict pattern beyond that.

The exception to this pattern is for certain special days such as Valentine's Day and Black Friday which can also get the monthly flash sale.

I never played the original game but I'm glad you enjoyed the preview :).

If you ever update your review, and I saw you using the word "balanced" to describe its gameplay, be rest assured that I will find you, and stab you in the stomach eighty thousand times. I'll also pour gallons of ice cream through the wound so you die from diabetes.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Finally the platinum for lost dimension! XD

Imo this TGS was really underwhelming, and i'm talking in general, not just vita, unless i missed soemthing no big surprises and nothing big was revealed, mostly a bunch of gameplays and some reveals of already announced games. What do you think?

RK128

If you ever update your review, and I saw you using the word "balanced" to describe its gameplay, be rest assured that I will find you, and stab you in the stomach eighty thousand times. I'll also pour gallons of ice cream through the wound so you die from diabetes.

Damn, I'm sorry :(.

I didn't play through the entire game for the preview X(. It was a PREVIEW, not a review. I will likely have different thoughts by the time I beat it, so I will ensure I cover its positives and negatives like I do in all my reviews.

Sorry if I upset you man.

Edit: I take it that you played through the original JP release of the game and are saying from experience the game is unbalanced? If so, will keep that in mind when playing through the game and comment on issues with game balance if I see them in the NA version of the game.

This week is loaded with stuff I want to pick up:

The Bunker
Dear Esther: Landmark Edition
Jazzpunk: Director's Cut
Virginia (9/22)

I was going to throw the Don't Starve Mega Pack in there as well and use my 20% Off (from the PLAY promotion) to grab all of them but then I remembered Darkest Dungeon is coming out next week as well... so I may hold out and get it all next week unless there are some launch week discounts with the above when the store updates.

Still, lots of cool smaller titles hitting the store.

Top Bottom