• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | November 2015

ZeroAKA

K7AYese.png

The PlayStation Network Thread is a monthly discussion thread for everything related to PlayStation systems, with a focus on PSN games and updates.

JHNpXIO.png

November 3
  • Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers (PS4)
  • Dragon Fin Soup (PS4, PS3, Vita)
  • Need for Speed (PS4)
  • Norn9: Var Commons (Vita)
  • Poncho (PS4)
  • The Peanuts Movie: Snoopy’s Grand Adventure (PS4)
November 4
  • Phineas and Ferb: Day of Doofenshmirtz (Vita)
November 6
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (PS4, PS3)
November 10
  • Alekhine’s Gun (PS4)
  • Fallout 4 (PS4)
  • Superbeat: Xonic (Vita)
November 17
  • Deadpool (PS4)
  • Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of Legendary Legends (PS4, PS3)
  • Monster High: New Ghoul in School (PS3)
  • Star Wars Battlefront (PS4)
  • Sword Art Online: Lost Song (PS4, Vita)
November 24
  • Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires (PS4)
Check the PS Blog “Store Update” posts for full details on weekly releases and sales (NA/EU).
See a more comprehensive list of future releases at PSNStores.

qyRR4lM.png

Free games for PlayStation Plus subscribers this month:
  • Beyond Good and Evil (PS3)
  • Dragon Fin Soup (PS4, Vita, PS3)
  • Invizimals (PSP)
  • Magicka 2 (PS4)
  • Mass Effect 2 (PS3)
  • The Walking Dead Season 2 (PS4)

WQhwkXV.png

• There is now a VitaGAF PS4 community for everyone here who wants to play PS4 games together, discuss the Vita, or do anything else really. Please message me, KB, or Kudo on GAF/Twitter/Line/PSN (AbstractChaos) with your GAF username and PSN ID at some point before or after you request an invite.
  • Quote to view and add yourself to the PSNGAF friend list (hidden behind email tags).
  • PM me to get an invite to the VitaGAF Line group.
Please post in this thread or PM me if you have any suggestions to improve this OP!

PMfJZdi.png

Just Sword Art Online for me this month, thankfully. I'd say it's giving my wallet a bit of a breather but I'm just buying stuff for people for Christmas instead :p

Prelude.

I'm still not sure about SAO. I skipped HF and I kinda wanna play a game with Sinon in it but ALO... ugh. From what I've seen (basically just the start) it also looked really generic in terms of enemies and setting. I don't know, certainly it's no day one.

Quote to view and add yourself to the PSNGAF friend list (hidden behind email tags).
Literally just saw this for the first time, I might add a few people.

Just getting Superbeat and EDF (if it releases this month).

Decided not to get Lost Song after only the PS4 version of Hollow Fragment got a translation update.

Also, to carry on (somewhat) from the conversation in the last thread:

I really hope NISA pick up Operation Babel. It'd be a shame to get the first game but not the second (or the first and second but not the third, I suppose).

Especially when what I've seen of it looks to be the most impressive of Exp's games. Idk why, I just enjoyed the setting of Abyss. So for Babel to expand on that, I really want it.

Seems a ways off though given we're just getting wind of Stranger.

Shizuka

NISA went from the least surprising company (back in 2012) and back to one of my favorite. Danganronpa and DRPGs made sure that NISA got back a piece of my wallet.

bobohoro

Still on Tales Of Zestiria. And Ar Nosurge+, although that has to take a backseat. Seems there is nothing interesting releasing in November, so I should be able to catch up a bit. Well maybe someone manages to release TitS SC over here in Europe too in the coming weeks, before I defect to a steam powered rival.

And I got back into Rock Band 3, thanks to Rock Band 4 which is a inferior product in nearly every way.

Edit: Oh yeah, that Dragon Fin Soup, is that game worth a look later this week?

NISA went from the least surprising company (back in 2012) and back to one of my favorite. Danganronpa and DRPGs made sure that NISA got back a piece of my wallet.

I've always liked them (Atelier is one of my favourite series; and I enjoyed their partnership with Compile Heart too) but they definitely came into their own when they picked up Demon Gaze and DanganRonpa in 2013 - that was a real surprise and I've liked them a lot more ever since.

They are kinda getting in the same pattern though, just with different companies now. Exp. Inc are one of their new partners by the looks of it; DanganRonpa is their new regular series to go alongside Disgaea. Kadokawa seem to be a partner as well. Given that they've exhausted DR for the time being though, I hope they start getting adventurous again and try something new.

Prelude.

When will Superbeat: Xonic release in Europe?
RSG's website says November.

Also, to carry on (somewhat) from the conversation in the last thread:

I really hope NISA pick up Operation Babel. It'd be a shame to get the first game but not the second (or the first and second but not the third, I suppose).

Especially when what I've seen of it looks to be the most impressive of Exp's games. Idk why, I just enjoyed the setting of Abyss. So for Babel to expand on that, I really want it.

Seems a ways off though given we're just getting wind of Stranger.
It'll be interesting to see how much they'll be involved with that. Exp is self-publishing the Xbone version so they might translate it on their own and NISA might use that translation and act only as a publisher, not "wasting" manpower on the localization and using their time and resources on something else. Or at least, that's the more likely option to me between that and translating it twice or NISA giving away their translation for a game they're not gonna publish.

Shizuka

I've always liked them (Atelier is one of my favourite series; and I enjoyed their partnership with Compile Heart too) but they definitely came into their own when they picked up Demon Gaze and DanganRonpa in 2013 - that was a real surprise and I've liked them a lot more ever since.

They are kinda getting in the same pattern though, just with different companies now. Exp. Inc are one of their new partners by the looks of it; DanganRonpa is their new regular series to go alongside Disgaea. Kadokawa seem to be a partner as well. Given that they've exhausted DR for the time being though, I hope they start getting adventurous again and try something new.

That event was the turning point for me. Seriously, those were the two games I've been gashing about on their forums the most at that time.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
RSG's website says November.

It'll be interesting to see how much they'll be involved with that. Exp is self-publishing the Xbone version so they might translate it on their own and NISA might use that translation and act only as a publisher, not "wasting" manpower on the localization and using their time and resources on something else. Or at least, that's the more likely option to me between that and translating it twice or NISA giving away their translation for a game they're not gonna publish.

I doubt they would make 2 separate scripts, as its quite rare for games to do that as it has the potential to cause issues with ratings depending on how things are written. Therefore its far better to actually just have a single script. All that sort of stuff is generally worked out way ahead of time. Makes for less issues too with development overall.

Different sort of situation when a game has its script updated for a new version. Such as what happened with Hollow Fragment.

Prelude.

I doubt they would make 2 separate scripts, as its quite rare for games to do that as it has the potential to cause issues with ratings depending on how things are written. Therefore its far better to actually just have a single script. All that sort of stuff is generally worked out way ahead of time. Makes for less issues too with development overall.
Yeah, that's what I mean. And I think it's more likely that they outsourced it to someone else rather than NISA.

Parakeetman

Yeah, that's what I mean. And I think it's more likely that they outsourced it to someone else rather than NISA.

Not sure about that, since in the even if its outsourced to someone else, means you need to have a team that is unfamiliar with the script be fixing things and doing pass overs. Which makes for a bit more work with quality control. Since it would be a big title for them due to the amount of attention with this particular game Id imagine they would want the quality to be higher, which means keeping it in house for the localization.

At least the positive thing here is there is less "telephone game" going on between Japan and the US since EXP Inc. owns the rights to the title. And its not the situation where like everything passes through the publisher first then trickles down. Which would include things such as contract negotiations, costs, etc.

Will have to wait and see, but regardless of that Id like to imagine that NISA is putting in a good effort with the title as there is no way that they do not know how much attention it has gotten since it was released in Japan. So has the potential to bring in some good sales for them, therefore they would most def want to bring out a well polished script / no issues with the localization (japanese existing in the game still, info missing from the manual etc) to help the overall image of the title itself.

Prelude.

Not sure about that, since in the even if its outsourced to someone else, means you need to have a team that is unfamiliar with the script be fixing things and doing pass overs. Which makes for a bit more work with quality control. Since it would be a big title for them due to the amount of attention with this particular game Id imagine they would want the quality to be higher, which means keeping it in house for the localization.

At least the positive thing here is there is less "telephone game" going on between Japan and the US since EXP Inc. owns the rights to the title. And its not the situation where like everything passes through the publisher first then trickles down. Which would include things such as contract negotiations, costs, etc.

Will have to wait and see, but regardless of that Id like to imagine that NISA is putting in a good effort with the title as there is no way that they do not know how much attention it has gotten since it was released in Japan. So has the potential to bring in some good sales for them, therefore they would most def want to bring out a well polished script / no issues with the localization (japanese existing in the game still, info missing from the manual etc) to help the overall image of the title itself.
I might just be overthinking it but it seems kinda weird that NISA would translate it if that script is gonna get used in a version they're not gonna publish and on the other side (especially if ms is involved) that they'd choose something like that if it means they're not gonna have complete control over the game in the future, since, I assume, there's always gonna be some translation royalties to consider. Even if NISA's not directly translating it they might just do a thorough QA process to verify the quality of the localization.
A somewhat ms-related similar situation might be happening with that Xbone Psycho-Pass game that's getting ported to Vita/ps4 and localized.

RK128

Finally not number one on the wall of shame :D!

Happy November everyone :). Hope that this month brings great things for the Vita and that we have a blast playing games this month :D.

Personally excited to play Lost Song this month on my Vita in addition to playing through a large amount of my backlog on my PS3 & Vita.

The new Plus games should be enjoyable (Mass Effect 2 should be a good ride), so looking forward to that too.

Edit: It seems that some of us aren't on that wall of shame; Names always used to be on the list. Guess many of us decided to spend more time playing games instead of posting :).

jvm

Gamasutra.
Hey, hey, it's got that new thread smell.

Nothing I'm really interested in this month, so I'll probably finish up Uncharted collection (currently toward the end of UC2) and then head on to Talos Principle. Meanwhile, playing Heroes of Loot continues to be rewarding. Definitely great pick-up-and-play for those in-between moments.

RK128

So what games are you guys aiming to play this month :)?

My plains are the following:
-PS3: Fatal Frame 1 & 2, Mass Effect 2, Skylanders Swap Force (Nightmare or Hard Mode), Kingdom Hearts 2.5 (BbS HD and 2 Final Mix HD)
-Vita: Crash 1-2, Spyro 2-3, Broken Age, Super Meat Boy, Dragon Fin Soup, SAO: Lost Song, other titles in my backlog (to many to list XD!)

Also want to build up money to get a PS4 by Dec/Jan (hoping to net a job by the middle of November) and keep up getting good grades for the semester :).

RK128

I was hoping this would strike a reasonable balance between the connection to the old tanod/kassatsu threads and the new community.

It really is a beautiful image, so thank you for spreading its glory jvm :').

Hikami

I still have to finish Disgaea 5, Tales of Zestiria, and Trails in the Sky SC from October..

Plan on getting Lost Song (already have pre-ordered), and either Black Ops 3 or Battlefront.. leaning more towards Black Ops now that we have more info on both.

jvm

Gamasutra.
-Vita: Crash 1-2, Spyro 2-3, Broken Age, Super Meat Boy, Dragon Fin Soup, SAO: Lost Song, other titles in my backlog (to many to list XD!)
Good call. I need to get that installed on my PSV and try it out.

Good luck getting a PS4. It's a fine system to have.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

-PS3: Fatal Frame 1 & 2, Mass Effect 2, Skylanders Swap Force (Nightmare or Hard Mode), Kingdom Hearts 2.5 (BbS HD and 2 Final Mix HD)

Also want to build up money to get a PS4 by Dec/Jan (hoping to net a job by the middle of November) and keep up getting good grades for the semester :).

That is way too many games man. That is like a years worth of games for me.

RK128

Thank you :D! I really want to get it before Ratchet & Clank comes out, so I think I can do it :).

I still have to finish Disgaea 5, Tales of Zestiria, and Trails in the Sky SC from October..

Plan on getting Lost Song (already have pre-ordered), and either Black Ops 3 or Battlefront.. leaning more towards Black Ops now that we have more info on both.

Getting Lost Song day one myself, so I hope we both really enjoy it :D.

And have to agree with you on Black Ops 3; hearing how much single player content it has on the PS4/X1/PC versions, its hard to be interested with Battlefront when it has little single player content to dive into (plus I have Battlefront 2 PSP on my Vita; I'm set for my Star Wars MP fix :)).

Chuy

Yay new thread!
I wonder if Names can find this one...

That's a impressive backlog you got there. Good luck knocking it out.
But as for ps4 you should be able to find some amazing deals for one this holiday season if past bundles have been indicative of what's ahead

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I can't believe I made it to the list lol

The community is getting quiet. It is no surprise that the vita conversations were the ones that propped up the discussion around these parts, and the gaf Vita commnity is shrinking. For obvious reasons, since the rest of the neogaf gaming community prefers the vita to be the butt of jokes rather than engage in genuine discussion.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

Broken age is good. The world and characters are very charming.

I must say though I experienced some sound glitches in parts of the game. I would recommend turning on the subtitles.

RK128

Yay new thread!
I wonder if Names can find this one...
That's a impressive backlog you got there. Good luck knocking it out.
But as for ps4 you should be able to find some amazing deals for one this holiday season if past bundles have been indicative of what's ahead

Might get a used PS4 during the holidays if the price is right. Not interested in getting any of the bundle games (though would like to get Arkham Night or Uncharted Collection for 'free').

RK128

The community is getting quiet. It is no surprise that the vita conversations were the ones that propped up the discussion around these parts, and the gaf Vita commnity is shrinking. For obvious reasons, since the rest of the neogaf gaming community prefers the vita to be the butt of jokes rather than engage in genuine discussion.

Honestly, I don't blame people :l.

Between the systems future being a very big 'unknown' past 2016 and Sony frequently stating over and over 'Its dead! ITS DEAD!!!'......its hard not to be like "Welp, I love my Vita and have a ton to play on it. But I'm not super excited about future games coming despite knowing lots of good stuff is coming."

That is honestly where I am right now; happy with the Vita's library with my backlog literally being too huge to dig through but not super excited about the systems future :l.

Still looking forward to Digimon and the upcoming SAO game :).

Kudo

October went really fast, hardly got the chance to even say anything here.
Biggest release this month: Bloodborne - The Old Hunters. Will see if I pick up anything else, probably will give Fallout 4 a try.

Parakeetman

I might just be overthinking it but it seems kinda weird that NISA would translate it if that script is gonna get used in a version they're not gonna publish and on the other side (especially if ms is involved) that they'd choose something like that if it means they're not gonna have complete control over the game in the future, since, I assume, there's always gonna be some translation royalties to consider. Even if NISA's not directly translating it they might just do a thorough QA process to verify the quality of the localization.
A somewhat ms-related similar situation might be happening with that Xbone Psycho-Pass game that's getting ported to Vita/ps4 and localized.

Its not all that uncommon, while not related to games in the past have had projects where said master text was going to be used by a different company. Any work done by X for Company Y (even more so if paid for) = Property of Company Y when completed. That and its simple business, you can get paid to do said work and build a favorable relationship. Or you can do the stupid thing which is attempt to tell the company you hold the rights for the translated materials and say it can only be used in said game you are asking the JP company for if you can publish their game. Honestly it does not put you on exactly the best grounds for negotiation. In short its swallow your pride and everyone makes money, or you can come off as being unreasonable which causes potential issues in the future when asking for further work with said "partner" company.

New thread? New thread.
Currently I'm wondering if Yomawari would ever get localized.

Considering its not that text heavy, all they would really need to do is just get a specialized font made (the crayon looking scribbles) if they want to keep the original feel, put that together and push it out digitally. (If they want to go the cheapest route.) Potentially release a very limited amount of physical copies initially then go full digital after. Seeing how the game is Id imagine the general amount of work required with it would not be that time consuming. From what I understand too from those who have finished the game, its not that long either.

Would make a nice little low risk stopgap title for NISA.

New thread? New thread.
Currently I'm wondering if Yomawari would ever get localized.

IConsidering its not that text heavy, all they would really need to do is just get a specialized font made (the crayon looking scribbles) if they want to keep the original feel, put that together and push it out digitally. (If they want to go the cheapest route.) Potentially release a very limited amount of physical copies initially then go full digital after. Seeing how the game is Id imagine the general amount of work required with it would not be that time consuming. From what I understand too from those who have finished the game, its not that long either.

Would make a nice little low risk stopgap title for NISA.
Pretty much. Seems in line with htoL#NiQ, so I'd say it's just as likely to get localized as not.

Just here to say that new thread smell.
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Xbox will localize Psycho-pass, while SCEJA localizes Moero Crystal for Asia. They seemed to know their markets LOL. But seriously if the ports of psycho-pass in english also comes with a vita port, I'd gladly buy it.

Where did October go?

On the to-do list this month for Vita:

Finish Trails in the Sky (first one) - in Chapter 4 now so hopefully not too hard to wrap up.

Play Shovel Knight's Plague Knight expansion - been saving that for some plane time I have this month.

Rayman: Origins - just popped the cart in a couple days ago. Loved Legends on PS4 and enjoying this so far too.

Pick a new RPG to play - do I buy Trails in the Sky SC and jump right in or play one of the eight other unplayed RPG's on my card?

autoduelist

Hey, hey, it's got that new thread smell.

Nothing I'm really interested in this month, so I'll probably finish up Uncharted collection (currently toward the end of UC2) and then head on to Talos Principle. Meanwhile, playing Heroes of Loot continues to be rewarding. Definitely great pick-up-and-play for those in-between moments.

I really disliked Heroes of Loot. I mean, it's a dual stick shooter with long corridors where you can't easily shoot horizontally because they seemingly messed up dual stick shooting - holding the right stick right basically shoots randomly in a right-ish direction, which means 'into the wall' if you're in a tunnel. I mean, it's so bad I literally booted up Geo Wars to check my right stick (it's fine).

And then instead, they let you hold down any button for 'auto-fire'... which can actually shoot down corridors. So instead of playing a dual stick shooter like a dual stick shooter, i held x to win.

At least it was cheap. But man does it feel like a mobile port that they didn't feel like even making a decent dual stick shooter and kept it with some sort of touch-based autoaim converted to the button pad.

Redhood

So I finished the Claire's section of 1st chapter on Vita. The framerate held up really well. There was no slowdown or anything. The game looks washed out! The developers removed the global lighting but did not relit all the areas. The models look plain sometimes due to lack of lighting.

I will be unable to udpate on the raid mode as I have internet issues. NAT3

Ryan95

This month will be completely dedicated to Sword Art Online:Lost Song. I've been waiting for this for a very long time, and I'm so happy in a few days it will be in my hands.

In the meantime I'm playing Demon Gaze: it's a very solid game, it changed my mind about DRPGs and, if NISA actually localizes it, I'm probably going to get SoSC.

New thread? Nice.

I didn't really post that much in the last one, I'll try to change that this time around.

Here's some stuff that I just got, so I'll be busy playing these games and Trails in the Sky SC for the rest of the month.

Saphirax

New thread!
Man, October was insane. Just playing the games that came out throughout the month should last me well into 2016.

Yomidi

Yay, new thread!
This month there aren't any games that I'm interested in, so I'm going to focus on my backlog. Probably gonna play Steins;Gate next on my Vita.

Top Bottom