• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | November 2015

What is the cheapest thing on American PSN? I'm finding 50 cent avatars, but is there anything cheaper?

I bought Black Ops 3 Digital Deluxe for $99.99, which would be one cent short from the "buy $100 get $15" promo, so I need anything super cheap to waste money on. I have $0.75 on my US PSN account's wallet so I can afford one of those 50 cent avatars if that's what I need.

jvm

Gamasutra.
I really disliked Heroes of Loot. I mean, it's a dual stick shooter with long corridors where you can't easily shoot horizontally because they seemingly messed up dual stick shooting - holding the right stick right basically shoots randomly in a right-ish direction, which means 'into the wall' if you're in a tunnel. I mean, it's so bad I literally booted up Geo Wars to check my right stick (it's fine).

And then instead, they let you hold down any button for 'auto-fire'... which can actually shoot down corridors. So instead of playing a dual stick shooter like a dual stick shooter, i held x to win.

At least it was cheap. But man does it feel like a mobile port that they didn't feel like even making a decent dual stick shooter and kept it with some sort of touch-based autoaim converted to the button pad.
I get this, really I do. But the autoaim is kind of a challenge itself, since it's going for whatever it nearest but even then can be touchy. So the skill becomes edging around corners and clearing a room without getting hit too much, and then scraping through those moments when you're really low on health. Would I have preferred a really accurate 8-way shooter? Possibly, but I'm perfectly happy doing what I'm doing.

And the way you can ramp up the starting level of your character is kind of neat. At least, for me.

I just wish that there were more actual loot in the game to make it slightly more varied. Not full blown Angband, mind you, but something.

I totally forgot Eiyuu Senki launches in EU this November 12th. Oh man it might bomb considering how quiet everyone (media, reddit subs, here, etc.) is for this game.

Takao

Banned
I totally forgot Eiyuu Senki launches in EU this November 12th. Oh man it might bomb considering how quiet everyone (media, reddit subs, here, etc.) is for this game.

It's an unknown game releasing exclusively on a last gen console's digital service in 2015 for a sizable amount of money. "Might" is probably too optimistic lol.

Xbox will localize Psycho-pass, while SCEJA localizes Moero Crystal for Asia. They seemed to know their markets LOL. But seriously if the ports of psycho-pass in english also comes with a vita port, I'd gladly buy it.

Have to wonder what happened to these two.

Nightbird

So what games are you guys aiming to play this month :)?

My plains are the following:
-PS3: Fatal Frame 1 & 2, Mass Effect 2, Skylanders Swap Force (Nightmare or Hard Mode), Kingdom Hearts 2.5 (BbS HD and 2 Final Mix HD)
-Vita: Crash 1-2, Spyro 2-3, Broken Age, Super Meat Boy, Dragon Fin Soup, SAO: Lost Song, other titles in my backlog (to many to list XD!)

Also want to build up money to get a PS4 by Dec/Jan (hoping to net a job by the middle of November) and keep up getting good grades for the semester :).

I'm certainly going to play Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls

The only reason I didn't until now is because I predicted that it will go on sale this month

Other than that maybe Steins gate, but I need to save a bit for Xenoblade lol

iosefe

Tomba 2 was freaking great.

i rememebr my brother brought it home one day and i had no idea what i had in store for me

probably my favorite PSone game next to maybe Legends of Legaia

If anyone wants to wax poetic about the Vita this afternoon, Tyler, Liam and I (The Vita Lounge's podcast crew) are doing a podcast livestream for our 100th episode on Twitch and would love to chat with you guys about some Vita topics.

We'll be streaming from twitch.tv/mrpsvitareviews at 1pm Pacific / 4pm Eastern / 9pm GMT. ^_^

nDnDvRy.jpg

Transfomers: Devestation PS4 - This game is awesome. The fighting is top notch. Switches up the fighting with some other crappy things like platforming and vertical shooting but doesn't matter be caused the fighting is so freaking awesome. Still not a AAA game and has lots of B game jank including a bad camera. Soundtrack is killer. Things are significantly different with different weapons and characters. All the classic G1 characters and lore makes me want to explode with happiness. Too many brawlers are ridiculously difficult these days and this one hits the curve perfect. Definitely top 10 game of the year.

Update to Top 10

1. Rocket League
  2. Transformers Devastation
  3. Helldivers
  4. Adventures of Pip
  5. Codename STEAM
  6. Mad Max
  7. Super Time Force
  8. Whoa Dave!
  9. Geometry Wars 3 Vita
  10. Shovel Knight

I don't know much about it, which are the other strategy games that you've played this year?

I played BloodBowl 2, Breach and Clear, & Armello which ranged from eh to nah. Codename S.T.E.A.M. is the only one I really loved and will deal with holding the terrible 3DS hardware for.

I get this, really I do. But the autoaim is kind of a challenge itself, since it's going for whatever it nearest but even then can be touchy. So the skill becomes edging around corners and clearing a room without getting hit too much, and then scraping through those moments when you're really low on health. Would I have preferred a really accurate 8-way shooter? Possibly, but I'm perfectly happy doing what I'm doing.

I am not going to defend the terrible autoaim in Heroes of Loot but I got used to it after being initially frustrated at it and just compensated for it.

Jesb

I'm looking to finally upgrade from my launch 500gb. Looking for at least 2 TB or more if I can. What are most of you guys upgrading to?

Welcome back to the PSN Thread man :D!

kMM3vtBEgSsLu.gif

Names! Welcome back!

giphy.gif

kvYi3Yw.gif

Hey guys. It's been a busy month. School midterms and proposals, trip to NY which I just came back from and finally I nailed a new place to move to next month today as well, it's been great. Haven't played any Vita games, but I've been enjoying Zestiria through Remote Play on it.

I'm gonna be getting Stella Glow and SAO Lost Song on the 17th, I'll probably be giving my Vita more use!

RK128

kvYi3Yw.gif

Hey guys. It's been a busy month. School midterms and proposals, trip to NY which I just came back from and finally I nailed a new place to move to next month today as well, it's been great. Haven't played any Vita games, but I've been enjoying Zestiria through Remote Play on it.

I'm gonna be getting Stella Glow and SAO Lost Song on the 17th, I'll probably be giving my Vita more use!

I hear you; college stuff these past few months have been quite annoying :l. But, its great to be close the end of the semester (only a month and a half left in my case :D!), so I'm excited about stuff going forward.

I can't wait to dive into SAO Lost Song when it comes out on Vita and I have a large backlog to dive back into :).

Chuy

I'm looking to finally upgrade from my launch 500gb. Looking for at least 2 TB or more if I can. What are most of you guys upgrading to?
This is the 2TB hard drive i've been using since i got my PS4.Works pretty well and i've maybe used about 1/20th of the total space so far but i don't have too many big space eater games either though.

kvYi3Yw.gif

And here i thought you couldn't find the new monthly threads :V
Yeah i'm pretty sure most of us college kiddos are dying from midterms my self included.

nampad

Setup my Vita TV and Apple TV 3 today. Damn, the Vita TV looks pretty sexy. So sad it is pretty much just a paperweight.

You guys think when PS2 classics are announced next month for PS4 we'll be able to remote play them on Vita?

I am sure streaming would be in.

autoduelist

You guys think when PS2 classics are announced next month for PS4 we'll be able to remote play them on Vita?

Sure, they let us remote play ps1 games on the ps3 didn't they? I think they'd view it as a selling point, it's not like they're scared of cross-buy for classics, why be scared of remote play?

And the way you can ramp up the starting level of your character is kind of neat. At least, for me.

I just wish that there were more actual loot in the game to make it slightly more varied. Not full blown Angband, mind you, but something.

Promise me you'll play Binding of Isaac someday if you haven't. In return, I promise you will love it.

The auto-aim just made it feel grindy to me; I ultimately got all the trophies except for one piece of gear that never showed up in stores. It's definitely in my wheelhouse (dual stick shooters) but it could have been so, so much more. As a $2 time waster it was fine enough though, i guess. At least, I hope that's all i paid for it.

Chuy

I see no reason for that not to happen and would be kinda stupid if it didn't happen.

I'd prefer for something internal rather than a usb drive. But thanks anyway.
Forgot to mention that it's a internal drive. Just remove the casing to get the hard drive out and replace it with the ps4's internal one. Pretty easy actually and I believe there's plenty of videos that show how to remove it and install it.

I hear you; college stuff these past few months have been quite annoying :l. But, its great to be close the end of the semester (only a month and a half left in my case :D!), so I'm excited about stuff going forward.

I can't wait to dive into SAO Lost Song when it comes out on Vita and I have a large backlog to dive back into :).

This is the 2TB hard drive i've been using since i got my PS4.Works pretty well and i've maybe used about 1/20th of the total space so far but i don't have too many big space eater games either though.

Yeah i'm pretty sure most of us college kiddos are dying from midterms my self included.

Yup school as always takes a heavy toll on me. Also I've been really ramping up on the amount of anime I watch these days, and I'm
way too
active on the AnimeGAF season community.

Also Chuy you aren't a Junior anymore. This is weird. :p

nampad

I'm just curious as to why you got the Apple TV 3 and not the new Apple TV 4?

My gf bought me an Apple TV 3 as a gift, 3 weeks before the new one was announced...
I couldn't return it and selling isn't really an option as it was a gift from her. I wanted to buy the Apple TV 4 when it was rumored to support games and now I am kind of stuck with something I only use for Airplay (also have a Raspberry Pi 2 with OpenELEC and the only streaming service I have is Amazon Prime).

To be fair, I wouldn't have bought the Apple TV 4 at the horrendous EU price of €179 anyway.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
If anyone wants to wax poetic about the Vita this afternoon, Tyler, Liam and I (The Vita Lounge's podcast crew) are doing a podcast livestream for our 100th episode on Twitch and would love to chat with you guys about some Vita topics.

We'll be streaming from twitch.tv/mrpsvitareviews at 1pm Pacific / 4pm Eastern / 9pm GMT. ^_^

Man, would like to but that is like 6 am in the far east.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

Exams suck, but they are just practise sessions for a full time job to be honest.

Graduate and bam! Watch the corporate machine suck the life out of you.

RK128

I see it as a perfect PSX announcement; a way to appease the fan base for the lack of PS3 BC and an way to push a number of Sony franchises that might be in the works (Twisted Metal Black, Dark Cloud 2 and Ape Escape 2 are the first three games coming to PS4 PS2 BC, if the EU Ratings mean anything).

If it isn't announced by the PSX, then I have no idea when Sony is going to launch it then :l. Its a feature that should of been there since launch honestly, so it has to come to the PS4 the latest Fall 2016.

Chuy

Yup school as always takes a heavy toll on me. Also I've been really ramping up on the amount of anime I watch these days, and I'm
way too
active on the AnimeGAF season community.

Also Chuy you aren't a Junior anymore. This is weird. :p
I hadn't realized that til now honestly.....
Almost of year of posting I finally became a member that's kinda hilarious.
But yeah exams suck I can't wait for break to happen so I can spend a few days dead in bed.

Exams suck, but they are just practise sessions for a full time job to be honest.

Graduate and bam! Watch the corporate machine suck the life out of you.

Unfortunately, this is so true.
Well that's an incredibly optimistic outlook for my future thanks :/

I don't remember who but someone in last month's thread wrote about space hulk. I won a code for it on twitter and have now tried it.

I don't usually talk down on games (except for chrono volt) but to me this game doesn't feel like a good game at all. One reason could be that they have created a video game from a board game, which results in it feeling more luck based than honoring the players skill. As a board game I can understand why you have to balance the two sides so both sides has the chance to win, but the people who decided to convert it into a video game should have tweaked the balance a little bit imo(maybe the multiplayer is where the game shines).

Similar to xcom you have action points to spend each round and like xcom the game uses behind the scenes dice to decide if you attack is a hit or a miss. The game then uses monster closets to spawn enemies (sometimes endlessly), each of these monsters can kill you in one hit and move 5 spaces and do one attack on each turn.

As if this wasn't hard enough, most of the corridors are only one unit wide and your gun has a chance of getting jammed when you shoot.

On top of this, to me, unfair/too fair game mechanics the game also stutters/lag from mission one.

I am willing to give the game a second chance if any of you have som useful tips on how to play the game efficient. :)

I don't remember who but someone in last month's thread wrote about space hulk. I won a code for it on twitter and have now tried it.

I don't usually talk down on games (except for chrono volt) but to me this game doesn't feel like a good game at all. One reason could be that they have created a video game from a board game, which results in it feeling more luck based than honoring the players skill. As a board game I can understand why you have to balance the two sides so both sides has the chance to win, but the people who decided to convert it into a video game should have tweaked the balance a little bit imo(maybe the multiplayer is where the game shines).

Similar to xcom you have action points to spend each round and like xcom the game uses behind the scenes dice to decide if you attack is a hit or a miss. The game then uses monster closets to spawn enemies (sometimes endlessly), each of these monsters can kill you in one hit and move 5 spaces and do one attack on each turn.

As if this wasn't hard enough, most of the corridors are only one unit wide and your gun has a chance of getting jammed when you shoot.

On top of this, to me, unfair/too fair game mechanics the game also stutters/lag from mission one.

I am willing to give the game a second chance if any of you have som useful tips on how to play the game efficient. :)

Yeah this is where I see strategy games going. It is catering to a really hard core that wants these games to be bullshit hard. When I say "bullshit hard" I mean is relying too much on luck and punishing results if your dice didn't roll lucky. Also needlessly complicated. Sure they can be too simple like Breach and Clear is but a game like Code Name S.T.E.A.M. nails it perfectly.

Yeah this is where I see strategy games going. It is catering to a really hard core that wants these games to be bullshit hard. When I say "bullshit hard" I mean is relying too much on luck and punishing results if your dice didn't roll lucky. Also needlessly complicated. Sure they can be too simple like Breach and Clear is but a game like Code Name S.T.E.A.M. nails it perfectly.
Well while this may be true in strategy games, this game isn't a very good example. My imrprrssion is that it's a pretty accurate rendition of the board game, so it being bulllshit hard or whatever isn't necessarily a choice made actively by the dev.

Anyone mind checking to see if you can add multiple preorders to your cart via Ps4 store? Not via the web store. I ask because my friend has a 20 percent off coupon, and she wants to buy multiple games.

Anyone mind checking to see if you can add multiple preorders to your cart via Ps4 store? Not via the web store. I ask because my friend has a 20 percent off coupon, and she wants to buy multiple games.

You can't add pre-orders to the shopping cart. It takes you right to the payment screen. I am thinking the answer is "no".

Is there any way to automatically resume stopped downloads (happens if e.g. the router disconnects) on PS4? Does the PS4 maybe try again during the automatic update check at night?
I think the PS3 did, at least I don't remember having this problem. How do they expect people to download 50 GB games with such crap?

Or at least let me manually resume downloads via a online connection? I tried the PS app but it only ever says that the game is currently downloading even when the download stopped on PS4, I can only fully cancel and start again from zero.

I'm gone for a week and would like to make sure F4 preload goes smoothly so that it's ready once I'm back. The only thing left is using the hacked Remote Play app to access my PS4 at home but my upload is too slow for a stable connection...

RK128

What a lovely joke, thank you for the laugh :').

To be serious, this likely is referring to the 3rd Party Productions Team making more ports, smaller EU divisions making those kid-friendly Vita titles and WWS Developers like Santa Monica assisting some indie developers on a few Vita projects (like Sound Shapes, Unfinished Swan and others).

I don't see any titles coming from the Vita by Sony that are 'big' like Gravity Rush or Tearaway. If anything, they might be considering down-porting Gravity Rush 2 to Vita after backlash from the Vita community of a lack of the Vita version. That might be wishful thinking on my part but I can't see Sony making more Vita software.

Over and over, they clearly stated they are 'done' with Vita development. This sounds more like Sony downplaying all the toxic stuff they said about the Vita throughout the year then anything else.

Top Bottom