• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Monthly Games for April: Meet Your Maker, Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Tails of Iron

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Show me when Games with Gold gave out 3 Series X|S games in the same month... or ever
There would have to exist those new games to be given ... maybe if they buy the hole industry of publishers and learn how to menage their studios

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
fA8EhIt.gif
So cute

jaysius

Banned
Going to have to do a month of plus to get Sackboy :( damn you sony!

That meet your maker is shitware though. Still better than what MS is going to give us for Gold, I expect 2 used condoms and lightly soiled toilet paper.

Last edited:

skit_data

Nice! I’ve wanted to buy Sackboy since release but I could never justify paying full price for it and the discounts were never deep enough.
Pretty unexpected its included in Essential but is not on Extra/Premium :p
Tails of Iron is another game I’ve been eyeing.

I just bought FIST and I finally caved in and boughy Dead Space Deluxe edition since it was the first time it went on sale so all of a sudden my backlog grew a little bigger.

scydrex

At last!!! Been waiting forever for Ratchet and Sackboy to be on plus essential or extra. If they are going to give Sackboy for essential even better. The wait have been worth it. Now will wait for Ratchet to be on plus one day.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Nothing for me. Sackboy looks so not my style I didn't even want a cheap retail copy from the early PS5 bundles.

Ozriel

M$FT
Not bad at all. Now I can sell my copy of Sackboy and pick up something for PSVR2

At this rate, we'll see Ratchet hit plus or extra before year end. Might as well put that up for sale too

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Didn't you get the memo, hand drawn RPG's were only relevant in 2022.
Is this a joke saying I'm not allowed to like Pentiment unless I also have played Tails of Iron?

It's on my wishlist. I haven't seen it on sale yet, and am drowning in games to play. You guys are retards.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Great month really. Sackboy is great, day one indie, and another with great scores that's been on my wishlist.

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Is this a joke saying I'm not allowed to like Pentiment unless I also have played Tails of Iron?

It's on my wishlist. I haven't seen it on sale yet, and am drowning in games to play. You guys are retards.
It was more mocking those dropping bait in the thread saying the games are trash, yet claim a similar type game to one in the list was GOTY last year.

You're allowed to like what you like, but if someone is being a hypocrite, they deserve to be mocked. This isn't aimed at you specifically, just those who match the first line of this message.

Calling people retards when you don't get the joke,
ironic alanis morissette GIF

Kvally

Banned
It was more mocking those dropping bait in the thread saying the games are trash, yet claim a similar type game to one in the list was GOTY last year.

You're allowed to like what you like, but if someone is being a hypocrite, they deserve to be mocked. This isn't aimed at you specifically, just those who match the first line of this message.

And see, I threw out the dumpster fire image not realizing what one of the games were. Tails of Iron, after looking at the video, does look great. I love Pentiment too.

Punished Miku

Gold Member

ironic alanis morissette GIF
So few people even talked about Pentiment and I think I was literally one of the only ones that did say it is literally my GOTY.

Who is being a hypocrite exactly? This game has never come to a sub service, and has next to no marketing. I'm probably one of the only people that's even heard of it in the thread.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
And see, I threw out the dumpster fire image not realizing what one of the games were. Tails of Iron, after looking at the video, does look great. I love Pentiment too.
I've only played Sackboy and enjoy it. If anyone doesn't have it yet and has plus, it's a great game and it's great to play couch co-op.

I've been busy workwise the past few weeks and have been tipping away at VR games and Syphon Filter PSP. Hoping to be able for a big meaty return to Legend of Dragoon soon and collect that plat.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Glad I got Plus Extra for £3 last month 💙 been waiting to see if Sackboy would come since they relaunched the service. Wasn’t expecting it on Essential, great get.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
So few people even talked about Pentiment and I think I was literally one of the only ones that did say it is literally my GOTY.

Who is being a hypocrite exactly? This game has never come to a sub service, and has next to no marketing. I'm probably one of the only people that's even heard of it in the thread.
Did you match the first sentence of my post you quoted?

Kvally

Banned
I've only played Sackboy and enjoy it. If anyone doesn't have it yet and has plus, it's a great game and it's great to play couch co-op.

I've been busy workwise the past few weeks and have been tipping away at VR games and Syphon Filter PSP. Hoping to be able for a big meaty return to Legend of Dragoon soon and collect that plat.
The only two games that I have played on PS5 and didn't like was Astrobot and Sackboy. The rest of the games I have bought and played I have enjoyed. My favorite game on PS5 this gen is Kena Bridge of Spirits. EVEN THOUGH I can't get past the 3/3 stage of the final boss :(

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Did you match the first sentence of my post you quoted?
I don't think anyone else in the thread but me said Pentiment was GOTY. Go check the Pentiment OT. Roberts Roberts was super into it.

Acting like the games are even remotely the same is bizarre. Pentiment doesn't even have combat in it. It doesn't mean you're obligated to like every hand drawn game or else you're a hypocrite.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I don't think anyone else in the thread but me said Pentiment was GOTY. Go check the Pentiment OT. Roberts Roberts was super into it.

Acting like the games are even remotely the same is bizarre. Pentiment doesn't even have combat in it. It doesn't mean you're obligated to like every hand drawn game or else you're a hypocrite.
I said who my comment was aimed at, don't act like you don't know who it was aimed at. The dickhead fanboys who fawned over a game on GAF when it's obvious they don't play them. Those who do, that's great and their opinion which is valid. I never said anything that resembles what you just wrote. Your pearl clutching is bizarre.

I said like what you like but don't be a hypocrite. You're taking this very personally, go back and read what I wrote earlier. I haven't shat on Pertiment but shat on people who instantly dismiss the games based on the look and have commented they 'loved the hand drawn art style' on another game. I haven't written using the enigma code so it shouldn't be hard to decipher.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I said who my comment was aimed at, don't act like you don't know who it was aimed at. The dickhead fanboys who fawned over a game on GAF when it's obvious they don't play them. Those who do, that's great and their opinion which is valid. I never said anything that resembles what you just wrote. Your pearl clutching is bizarre.

I said like what you like but don't be a hypocrite. You're taking this very personally, go back and read what I wrote earlier. I haven't shat on Pertiment but shat on people who instantly dismiss the games based on the look and have commented they 'loved the hand drawn art style' on another game. I haven't written using the enigma code so it shouldn't be hard to decipher.
I just get incredibly annoyed at these constant "hypocrite" gotchas. I've already been told on more than 3 occasions I'm not allowed to like Hellblade 2 because God of War Ragnarok didn't click with me. I've seen this kind of comment over and over. Seeing it referencing Pentiment just broke my mind, so I guess I snapped. Whatever, I'm over it. :messenger_weary: ...time for some fresh air I think.

Top Bottom