• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Kssio_Aug

Didn't see this so...

Playstation Plus US - May 2014

Stick It To The Man!, Puppeteer, Pro Evolution Soccer 2014, Skullgirls Encore, Limbo, Surge Deluxe

good additions to PS4 and PS3, but WTF is that for PS Vita?? Damn, HORRIBLE month for it!! EU is getting Muramasa, and US is getting that good but very old game that probably most of people have already played and that other.... thing! =/

Im really disappointed now! Because I dont even care to PS3 games anymore. I was expecting for good PS Vita games now. =/

I have everything but the PS4 version of Stick It To the Man, and I hate football - but to call that a 'weak month' is ridiculous. If you've subscribed for long enough, then you should know that even though PS+ doesn't always fit you perfectly every month, over the course of a year it's amazing value.

I still buy far too many games (don't seem to have the PS+ Fear that many seem to have, if I like the look of a game I'll buy it) I don't pay my sub to play online and I still consider a yearly sub great value. Stack some subs when you see an offer (one year + three months pops up yearly) and you're good to go. Then the money is spent, so you can stop worrying about it every month.

Massa

It's cross buy in the EU, so I assume you'd get both versions? I know I had the Vita version for free after buying it on the PS3 originally.

Surge Deluxe is great.

The funny thing about that post is that Muramasa is also a port of a 5 year old game, just not nearly as popular and well reviewed as LIMBO.

Celegus

The funny thing about that post is that Muramasa is also a port of a 5 year old game, just not nearly as popular and well reviewed as LIMBO.

Which is complete bananas to me. I know it's short, but I couldn't even finish Limbo. Loved Muramasa both times, on Wii and even better on Vita. To each their own!

Massa

PES 2014?

Did North America and Europe accidentally trade PS+ games? Nobody cares about soccer.

SCEA covers more than the United States, it includes Brazil, Argentina and Mexico and several others. Even in the US it's still a very popular sport, specially in video games.

UraMallas

Am I a bad person for seeing this coming and dodging the Puppeteer bomba?
Maybe I'll actually put in more than 20 hours on skull girls now that I'm triple dipping...

Don't know but I did the same thing. I actually did it on PlayStation All-Stars and ModNation Racers. I'm 2 for 3, it would seem.

Card Boy

Banned
pes 14 awesome.

Game is shit and inferior to FIFA in every way (graphically, presentation, performance, controls, commentary, feature wise). It doesn't even have most of the teams that FIFA has and does they don't even have all the basics down like teams from the English Premier league like Chelsea, Arsenal, Man United etc. Also even FIFA has Australian A-League in it and its absent from PES 2014.

lnKqG.jpg

There is a good reason why this happens every year.

Gazkapop

Game is shit and inferior to FIFA in every way (graphically, presentation, performance, controls, commentary, feature wise). It doesn't even have most of the teams that FIFA has and does they don't even have all the basics down like teams from the English Premier league like Chelsea, Arsenal, Man United etc. Also even FIFA has Australian A-League in it and its absent from PES 2014.

lnKqG.jpg

You say every year but up until a few years back, it was the complete opposite of that picture. The gap in gameplay quality between PES and FIFA from around 2000-2006 was miles bigger than it is now that FIFA is more popular. And even if Pro Evo isn't great this year, FIFA 14 is a complete train wreck of a game also that EA have barely even tried to fix.

Also on the licenses thing, that really shouldn't be an argument anymore. If you spend half an hour downloading and installing and option file, you'll have all of the major teams with their correct kits, badges etc. in Pro Evo.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Velocity Ultra is free. Not listed under the Plus category yet, but look for it and it's free.
I'm assuming it's the Vita version and not the PS3 version? I already have the Vita version (got it for free from PSNStores) and was hoping to get the PS3 version also. :(

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

"there are those Call of Duty players we just can't convert to 2D games that will trash your game because it's not 'next gen' enough for them"

Haha what a fucking cop out. People that trash our game are just COD casuals! Yep, all of us that trash your game are just COD players that hate 2D games. Bullshit. Your game got trashed because your game is shit. Putting your game on Plus just meant more exposure for your shit game thus more trashing of your game.

Bullshit. Your game got trashed because your game is shit. Putting your game on Plus just meant more exposure for your shit game thus more trashing of your game.

The bummer is that Sony is so hard up to get a PS4 game out each month that they've dropped all standards whatsoever. This game never should have even qualified.

Dambrosi

Banned
"there are those Call of Duty players we just can't convert to 2D games that will trash your game because it's not 'next gen' enough for them"

Haha what a fucking cop out. People that trash our game are just COD casuals! Yep, all of us that trash your game are just COD players that hate 2D games. Bullshit. Your game got trashed because your game is shit. Putting your game on Plus just meant more exposure for your shit game thus more trashing of your game.

The bummer is that Sony is so hard up to get a PS4 game out each month that they've dropped all standards whatsoever. This game never should have even qualified.
So Mercenary Kings is shit, then? Sad to hear. Sounds like they should have just made a Metal Slug/Contra clone and been done with it.

They could be referring to all the people that instantly dismiss the game because it's 2D. Whenever a new indie game is announced for PS4 or Plus a lot of people get upset and say that it's not a true next gen game since a PS3 could run it.

yay an indie for ps4 and a soccer game for ps3 <_<

puppeteer is the only thing decent this month. They keep up this way I probably won't renew. at least throw up some free DLCs for games to make up for the lackluster offerings :(

Flipyap

So Mercenary Kings is shit, then? Sad to hear. Sounds like they should have just made a Metal Slug/Contra clone and been done with it.
I like it a lot, but it's an acquired taste. Removing its non-linear structure and crafting wouldn't change the opinion of people who hate it right now, and the game needs those elements to stand out in the ridiculously crowded retro nostalgia game space.

Dambrosi

Banned
yay an indie for ps4 and a soccer game for ps3 <_<

puppeteer is the only thing decent this month. They keep up this way I probably won't renew. at least throw up some free DLCs for games to make up for the lackluster offerings :(
Hey, be thankful they give you free* games at all, and that they're better than the 6-year-old bargain bin trash Live Gold tries to fob off 360 owners with.

It could be worse - they could lock all their apps behind paywalls like MS do and charge you only for the privilege of playing games you bought with your own money online. And yes, I think the PS4 online situation is shitty - inevitable, but shitty. But that's not the reason I sub, since I only have a broken PS3 and a Vita :p

spwolf

lnKqG.jpg

yah, thats load of crap... PES is worse in presentation, and licenses if you dont want to download licenses, but otherwise, it is a better game for sure. Animation, control and pretty much everything else except those two is better in PES.

Hey, be thankful they give you free* games at all, and that they're better than the 6-year-old bargain bin trash Live Gold tries to fob off 360 owners with.

It could be worse - they could lock all their apps behind paywalls like MS do and charge you only for the privilege of playing games you bought with your own money online. And yes, I think the PS4 online situation is shitty - inevitable, but shitty. But that's not the reason I sub, since I only have a broken PS3 and a Vita :p

yeah PS+ is obviously 10x better than XBL gold lol but i think we PS fans can expect more from Sony. We don't want Sony to dip down into MS levels. and So far Ps4 PS+ has been pretty weak

Joni

There are people who prefer those indie games over the old retail games we have been getting on the PS3. I'm one of those people.

So, today I get a email from SCEE saying that I can get 4 months of Plus for the price of 3, I opened it up and was greeted with this (it's in Portuguese):

Where's the code guys :(
None available? Then why send it? I really wanted those 4 months :(

Yeaaa it was definitely good for them. This was already a niche type of game. The game was/is buggy and crashed a lot.

I still very much enjoyed it and overall it was a good meaty game.
I am a fan of Tribute now though and looking forward to their next game... but there was no chance I would have spent $20 on the game. I might double dip into a vita version though.

Flandy

Anyone else thing we should be getting more PSP games as part of the Vita IGC? I feel like they've already given us a ton of the good games and don't have much left to give

Top Bottom