• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Stick it to the Man is kind of fun. Well...maybe not fun, but entertaining.

Ive been playing a fair bit of it, I keep getting stuck. I am rubbish at indie games. Sometimes there is a little bit too much cut scene for my liking but it's still good.

Found a brand new PS4 on sale at 270 EUR - couldn't resist. Meeting up with the guy tomorrow to pick it up.

I am living in France right now. Would you suggest I pony up for a FR Plus account, or should I use amazon.com to get a US account?
So you're the guy who stole the offer from me. I wanted to buy that one on Leboncoin :p

I ended up getting a PS4 + Killzone and Infamous for €400 so I've still had a good deal.

Matush

Wouldn't I have issues with my billing address though? I have a french debit card and an american credit card with which to sign up, but I'm not sure how I could go about creating a UK account.

It's really surprising to hear UK being cheaper :p The exchange rate doesn't usually work in their favor.
Yeah, if you plan to pay with credit card its a problem. I usually buy credit with voucher which is cheaper 40£ 1 year PS+ cost me 34£).

Tizoc

Ive been playing a fair bit of it, I keep getting stuck. I am rubbish at indie games. Sometimes there is a little bit too much cut scene for my liking but it's still good.
The game is very straight forward so long as u take a little time to plan out how to progress thru guards. At times there will be a screen u had not visited at a corner which mite contain the item u missing. All in all tho its a platformer adventure game thats fun to play inbetwren big games if ur looking for a break.

Amused

Do you think there is any chance of seeing Second Son or Black Flag free through PS+ at some point?

Thinking of buying one of them today :)

RK128

Do you think there is any chance of seeing Second Son or Black Flag free through PS+ at some point?

Well, both have a chance of landing on Plus (the former being a Sony tittle, and the latter being a launch game), but AC IV has the best chance of landing on Plus; Ubisoft has put games of theirs on the service (AC III in EU, Rayman Origins in US/EU, Far Cry 2 in US, ect).

Both are great games, so they are both well worth there prices :).

amrod

got this in a email

lyw5D2v.jpg

Now we know whats coming out when for may :)

kevin1025

Banned
I said this in another thread, but I thought I'd say it here.

What if... Driveclub PS+ Edition is going to be the PS4 game in June, announced at the E3 conference and released during it? And it would be kind of like GT5 Prologue in that you can play it until the release of the full game in October. Plus it would make sense with the track and car limit mentioned.

Just a thought. It sounds crazy, but it might be a cool thing to pull.

Hubb

Not 100% sure since I am in NA, but it looks like the start of the last week of the month is a good bet. Seems like past updates have been 7~ days before the next new month. It seems like something they just started doing this year though. October - January it looks like they announced it on the 10-11th.

This would blow up the arguments of people who were saying Sony would be screwing us by making DC the Plus offering for that particular month.

That argument was always pretty lame. Driveclub was going to originally be offered with Resogun, so it's not like it was going to be the only PS4 offered through Plus at launch. I don't know why people were getting pissed that Driveclub PS Plus Edition would eat up a slot of a "real" game that month. There was nothing to really hint that this was true.

I can't believe how mediocre PES has become. I have never cared for framerate in a game, but after playing it, I just can't deal with it. So sad, especially after the ridiculous amount of hours I put into the series since PS1 thru PS2 with both Winning Eleven and PES.

Eusis

Finally booted the game up and am seeing the demo play since I'm idling.

What the fuck is this, the game goes from looking like it came from some alternate universe where the N64's frame rate was not only considered acceptable, but that going to Perfect Dark Hi-res frame rates was perfectly fine... then it snaps to 60 FPS for real gameplay.

jcm

I don't think Black Flag is coming to IGC any time soon. It's still selling at retail for a surprisingly high price.

Codiox

Buy Blackflag because you get much more bang for the buck. Infamous has 16h until 100%. Black flag 50h though.

PlayStation Plus: Skullgirls Encore Free for Members

Skullgirls Encore boasts some really unique characters. This fighter’s roster is comprised of mainly females (hence, “Skullgirls” and not “Skullpeople”) and includes really oddball personalities. There’s Cerebella, an orphaned circus performer who happens to have a kick-ass living hat with massive arms, the feline-esque Ms. Fortune who cannot die since she swallowed a Life Gem (making dismemberment part of her playstyle), and Double, an amorphous character that can transform into anything, but usually hangs out in as a nun. The game has a fantastic art style, and the Encore version includes gameplay updates, balance changes and new stages and music.

We’ve got some discounts below for our members as well, including a sale on content for some Free to Play titles like DC Universe Online, Blacklight Retribution and Dust 514.

You can download Skullgirls Encore after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, May 13th.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/05/12/playstation-plus-skullgirls-encore-free-for-members/

NHale

You guys didn't lie. Stick it to the Man is indeed a great game. My only problem is that the "combat" sections were really unnecessary especially because they require precise and quick actions and the controls are not adequate to that.

But a great PS4 PS+ offering this month.

Donos

Seems they cracked down on the early leaks of the EU and less mistakes with pre made Banners showing the content early. I want to know next months EU content.

Started Pupeteer and it's not that bad how some threads suggested it would be. You can see the love behind it. Going to skip PES.

Curufinwe

I can't believe how mediocre PES has become. I have never cared for framerate in a game, but after playing it, I just can't deal with it. So sad, especially after the ridiculous amount of hours I put into the series since PS1 thru PS2 with both Winning Eleven and PES.

It's tragic.

Celegus

Played a level of Puppeteer before heading for work.

What a beautiful game.

It's nice to look at and all, but the voice acting is so grating and the scenes last for sooooo long. Don't like the floaty controls either; I finally get what people meant when they complained about LBP (which I thought was incredible, didn't have a problem with at all) when they said it's too floaty.

That would make sense if campaign time was the only value statement to consider with video games.

Yeah, really. What an odd thing to compare.

Zoe

New Japanese games:

◆フリープレイ
・ベア・ナックルII 死闘への鎮魂歌/セガ(PS3)
・セガエイジスオンライン ザ・スーパー忍/セガ(PS3)
・セガエイジスオンライン ワンダーボーイ モンスターランド/セガ(PS3)
・THE KING OF FIGHTERS '96/SNKプレイモア(PS3)
・得点王/SNKプレイモア(PS3)
・真かまいたちの夜 11人目の訪問者 PlayStation Vita the Best/スパイク・チュンソフト(PS Vita)
・THE KING OF FIGHTERS '96/SNKプレイモア(PSP)
・得点王/SNKプレイモア(PSP)
・オトメイトコレクション 緋色の欠片 ポータブル/アイディアファクトリー(PSP)

◆フリープレイ ゲームアーカイブス
・イースIV The Dawn of Ys/日本ファルコム
・ヴァリスII/サン電子

Donos

It's nice to look at and all, but the voice acting is so grating and the scenes last for sooooo long. Don't like the floaty controls either; I finally get what people meant when they complained about LBP (which I thought was incredible, didn't have a problem with at all) when they said it's too floaty.

Yeah, really. What an odd thing to compare.

For me Puppeteer feels not like LBP controlwise at all. I liked LBP but the controls where floaty as fuck. Puppeteer is tight.

Don't like the floaty controls either; I finally get what people meant when they complained about LBP (which I thought was incredible, didn't have a problem with at all) when they said it's too floaty.

Weird, Puppeteer doesn't feel floaty to me at all, whereas I found LBP to be so floaty I couldn't get into the game.

Khronico

I was shocked at how low the framerate gets in spots. I stomached 30 mins before giving up. It's the first console game where the framerate made me queasy.

My year sub lapses next month... I think I'll wait and see what the new yearly selection is before resubbing.

georly

By the time I get a ps4 and/or a vita, i'll have tons of games. PS+ is so great, that way. Still not getting either system, but when I do, my purchase will definitely be justified.

Celegus

Weird, Puppeteer doesn't feel floaty to me at all, whereas I found LBP to be so floaty I couldn't get into the game.

How strange. I played LBP before seeing what the internet thought about it and was thoroughly confused as to why so many people didn't like the controls. Puppeteer though... just isn't doing it for me. I was so excited for it too, but have only made it to world 4 since I bought it in January.

Top Bottom