• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Great my vita is stuck on 'please wait' after trying to delete a game....
After 10 mins I try to just turn the system off by holding the power button and now it's just on a black screen with the rotating loading thingy in the center.

I forget exactly how, but there's a way to boot your Vita into a Safe Mode. I think you hold the Playstation button and the power button at the same time, but I's look it up to be sure. From there you might be able to boot properly.

I had to use that a LOT after my Vita got fucked up during the last firmware update.

I forget exactly how, but there's a way to boot your Vita into a Safe Mode. I think you hold the Playstation button and the power button at the same time, but I's look it up to be sure. From there you might be able to boot properly.

I had to use that a LOT after my Vita got fucked up during the last firmware update.

After spending 5 more mins stuck on the loading circle thingy it eventually did shut down, after rebooting it the game I was trying to delete was gone so I guess the system unshat itself

jcm

I can't believe they haven't done another buy 12 get 3 months free promotion. I've got two 12 month codes waiting for redemption.

Card Boy

Banned
bought tales of symphonia chronicles for $22 on AU PSN+. It's like $84-$89 for a disc version in Australia. EB currently have a sale and its like $57.

Digital wins this time i guess.

Quick

Banned
Does downloading Sly Cooper on PS3 mean I get the Vita version with it automatically? I added the PS3 version in my basket, and it wouldn't let me add the Vita version.

Edit: I know about the cross-buy feature, but I just want to make absolutely sure that feature carries over to Plus downloads.

fenners

Does downloading Sly Cooper on PS3 mean I get the Vita version with it automatically? I added the PS3 version in my basket, and it wouldn't let me add the Vita version.

Edit: I know about the cross-buy feature, but I just want to make absolutely sure that feature carries over to Plus downloads.

It's worked that way for every other cross buy PS+ freebie. Mind you don't need to download it, just "buy" it through the website or store.

[added]
Just checked the store & it's showing that I've purchased the vita version as well as the PS3 one after I went through the process of 'buying' the PS3 PS+ freebie.

Quick

Banned
It's worked that way for every other cross buy PS+ freebie. Mind you don't need to download it, just "buy" it through the website or store.

[added]
Just checked the store & it's showing that I've purchased the vita version as well as the PS3 one after I went through the process of 'buying' the PS3 PS+ freebie.

Yep, I just added them to my cart through the online store and queued the ones I wanted.

Massa

For cross buy games always add only one of them to your cart, the other becomes free after. The last paragraph of the game's description always mentions whether it's cross buy or not.

Sly is one of the few cases where cross buy doesn't work both ways, you have to get the PS3 version to be entitled to both. The Vita version is cheaper and only gets you the Vita version.

jcm

I could use something to play. Why does this month have to suck so much for PS3 users. :\

You might try digging through the download list and seeing if you missed something interesting. I did that and came across Dragon's Dogma, which I'd totally forgotten about. I just started, but so far it's fun. I'd recommend you give it a shot if you haven't played it yet.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yeah, did that and now I've been playing Remember Me. Decent little game, not sure why it got so panned in reviews. It's already way better than Tomb Raider and that got 9's everywhere.

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
where's terreria and that other game vita owners are supposed to get for free in NA?

Mutant Mudds is cross buy, coming next week or the one after.
Are you sure? I downloaded the other PSN games advertised for Vita and didn't get the PS3 versions. :\
You might try digging through the download list and seeing if you missed something interesting. I did that and came across Dragon's Dogma, which I'd totally forgotten about. I just started, but so far it's fun. I'd recommend you give it a shot if you haven't played it yet.
Already played it. Might make a new character.

XBP

Ok guys, a new PS3 owner here so i have some questions about plus.

1. If i add a game to my download list, download that game and in a week uninstall it. Lets say this game is then removed from PS+. Would i be able to download this game again for free given that i had already downloaded + played it before when it was a PS+ game?

2. Right now i dont own a PS4 but i plan on getting one eventually. Can i somehow get all the free PS+ PS4 games now and then download them on my ps4 whenever i decide to buy one?

Shahed

1. If i add a game to my download list, download that game and in a week uninstall it. Lets say this game is then removed from PS+. Would i be able to download this game again for free given that i had already downloaded + played it before when it was a PS+ game?

2. Right now i dont own a PS4 but i plan on getting one eventually. Can i somehow get all the free PS+ PS4 games now and then download them on my ps4 whenever i decide to buy one?

1) The bold is all you need to do. Downloading actual title is not necessary. Once it's on the download list, you have it as long as you are a PS+ member. If your PS+ lapses, the you'll no longer be able to play them even if downloaded. You'll regain them if you get PS+ again though. That's for 'free' games. Those that are purchased with a PS+ discount remain yours even if the subscription expires.

2) Use the online website to add things to your list. Technically you stockpile games for PS3,PS4 and Vita without owning anyone of them.

Biochet

1- Yes, the game is forever stored in your download list and you can re-download it whenever, suffice to say you need a Plus account to play it though.

2- Yes, go to the the sony playstation store online website and buy the game, when you get a PS4, the game will already be in your download list.

XBP

1) The bold is all you need to do. Downloading actual title is not necessary. Once it's on the download list, you have it as long as you are a PS+ member. If your PS+ lapses, the you'll no longer be able to play them even if downloaded. You'll regain them if you get PS+ again though. That's for 'free' games. Those that are purchased with a PS+ discount remain yours even if the subscription expires.

2) Use the online website to add things to your list. Technically you stockpile games for PS3,PS4 and Vita without owning anyone of them.

1- Yes, the game is forever stored in your download list and you can re-download it whenever, suffice to say you need a Plus account to play it though.

2- Yes, go to the the sony playstation store online website and buy the game, when you get a PS4, the game will already be in your download list.

Thats awesome, thanks a lot for the replies. One more thing, is there any way to redeem my PS+ code via my PC? I'm trying to do it right now but getting this message: 'This Prepaid Card cannot be redeemed on a PC'. I currently dont have a monitor (should be here on Wednesday) so i cant connect my PS3 to anything and redeem this code on it.

AndyD

aka andydumi
PS4 will probably be Secret Ponchos. It was released a Early Access game on Steam.

Or Assassin's Creed 4. It is conspicuously absent from the E3 sale, which is in line with their policy of not running a game on sale immediately before it goes free for Plus.

Curufinwe

Or Assassin's Creed 4. It is conspicuously absent from the E3 sale, which is in line with their policy of not running a game on sale immediately before it goes free for Plus.

No way they give that way so soon. It's still selling for over $40 new.

hbkdx12

Tangentially related...

My Sub expires at the end of this month. Don't mind re-upping at the full $50 but wanted to see if anyone knew of any deals that may be floating around?

ryuken-d

I wish Sony allowed game installs to external drives. My original 80GB is running out of space and it would be a lot more convenient since I already have an external drive just sitting here.

even though having both an external and a new bigger internal drive would be awesome. I'd much rather be able to install my own huge internal HHD, than be stuck with an awkward external HHD. I've already put a 500G HHD in my PS3 ages ago and it was easy and cheap. sad part is I already have to put in a 1T HHD in my PS4, I already have over 400G full of games!!!!

does anybody know if I can install a Hybrid SSD HHD in my PS4? I dont see why not but who knows.

Top Bottom