• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase Officially Announced for Next Wednesday, May 24 at 1pm Pacific Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedim

Neo Member
I ask for those more informed about Japanese games, excluding square and kojima, is there any chance to see fumito ueda's new game (gendesigns) and something from team persona/atlus (p6, project re fantasy)

I ask for those more informed about Japanese games, excluding square and kojima, is there any chance to see fumito ueda's new game (gendesigns) and something from team persona/atlus (p6, project re fantasy)?
please god i need persona 6 and pproject re fantasy news. The only information we all have is that both games have been developing for more than 6 plus years. I would say the chance for a trailer is very high. If not in the playstation showcase either in summer games fest or even microsoft conference, might be their way to attract a different audience

Poltz

Spider Cuz GIF by Sidetalk

sncvsrtoip

I don't think you understand what first party means.

Destruction All Stars, Predators, and Firewall are not first party designed games. Unless I missed something and these studios were bought by Sony.

Sackboy I will admit, I completely forgot existed. It was so bland, uninspired, and boring that even after 100%ing the game, I couldn't remember a single thing about it. Returnal is a third person action adventure game. GT7 is the 4th worst game in the franchise. Just barely ahead of Sport, 5, and 6.

Astrobot? Still the single best first party exclusive on the PS5. An amazing experience, but only lasts 1.5 hours. I want more.

Meanwhile we have had God of War 2018, Ragnarok, Uncharted 4, TLOu1, TLOU2, Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone, Horizon, HOrizon 2, etc. All exactly as I described. It becomes tedious and boring, especially with how every subsequent release adds more and more bloat to the runtime of these games.

Also I am well aware they are working on GAAS titles. All GAAS titles are cancer so who gives a shit?
Ratchet, gt7, returnal, demon souls r, bloodborne and if you dont like games like lou, gow or tsushima that not only nailing gameplay and graphics but also are focused strongly on story maybe playstation is not platform for you and try nintendo

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Ratchet, gt7, returnal, demon souls r, bloodborne and if you dont like games like lou, gow or tsushima that not only nailing gameplay and graphics but also are focused strongly on story maybe playstation is not platform for you and try nintendo

Ratchet is a narrative driven third person action adventure (it is also the worst one of the franchise and the only thing it has going for it is graphical fidelity), as is Returnal (which is legit fantastic, because it tried to diverge from the tired formula of first party sony games).

Bloodborne was 8 years ago and Demon Souls Remake, while fun, is still a 1:1 remake of a game I played nearly 15 years ago.

And lol, "go elsewhere" is an idiotic thing to say. Asking for more diversity in a line up should be expected. Accepting the status quo is how we become stagnant and tired. As for "nailing gameplay", lol no.

Last edited:

Slikk360

Hopefully we see (in addition to some other surprises):

Spider-Man 2
Wolverine
Bloodborne 2
Last of Us 3/Factions (have a hunch the Factions MP project is going to be completely different and more ambitious compared to what people are expecting)
Ghost 2
Persona 6
FF7 Rebirth
GTA6
Dragon Quest 12
Yakuza 8
MGS3 Remake
Pragmata
Silent Hill 2 Remake
Stellar blade? Maybe

Moonjt9

No Silksong? = Delivering the pain.
Timing seems weird to me. They've known about Microsoft's June showcase for months. Why show this before that? Especially if it's filled with huge announcements that everyone will love?

Just wait until after Microsoft's, outdo them, and steal their thunder/take advantage of peoples' disappointment in the showcase.
Going first has the benefit of setting expectations as well. Sony comes out with an hour of absolute bangers and Microsoft comes out with who knows what and people will be immediately disappointed instead of letting Microsoft have even a little bit of hype time by themselves. I think it’s smart from a marketing perspective for Sony to go first here.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
The Live Service era is upon us. We are about to bathe in the era of GAAS. We are not worthy yet PlayStation still views us with benevolence. Glory be to Jim!

(3 GAAS games showcased or we riot)

HighPoly

Banned
SH2 gameplay trailer, Spider Man 2 gameplay trailer, Wolverine trailer in engine, Last of Us 2 Multiplayer gameplay trailer, New Sucker Punch project teaser or trailer, MGS3 teaser, FF7 Remake Part 2 gameplay trailer, and maybe MK12 Trailer.

The other games, will be probably announced next year, near to releasing, I mean, new Blue Point project, new Naughty Dog project, Santa Monica Project, Bend Studios Project, Horizon 3 and Horizon Multiplayer.

Pelta88

Everyone is talking Bloodborne, which is life of course!

But knowing what insomniac did with Spider-man and Miles. I'm sitting here, trying not to get too hyped about that sweet sweet Wolverine gameplay reveal like

oprah-nervous.gif

zomboden

Banned
As a generally multiplayer focused gamer I want to see what a multiplayer game as a service looks like from Sony. Will they do Free to play? I mean last of us factions/horizon mmo esque.

Last edited:

Fake

Who said never? Are you suggesting that Sony only would be sending out smaller SoP's for like ever?
You show a showcase when you have realy something to show and not games that are almost 3 years down the road.

My problem is with the mix of indies and VR2, because Sony already did something similar with State of Play and was totally shit.

And is like everyone somehow wait TOTK to release before make any announcements.

HYDE

Banned
Ready for a handful of games releasing by Spring 2024 with a plethora of games that get delayed into 2026 and beyond.
Been gaming too long fam… rinse and repeat.

* Spider man 2
* Wolverine
* SH Remake
* MGS 3 Remake
* some other Konami stuff potentially (maybe Castlevania as it is the only thing left)
* FF7R P2
* indies
* MK reveal
* SSM new IP
* maybe some GaaS reveals like Factions?
* VR

We might get another FF16 trailer, but I don't think it will appear.

• Strength
Reactions: K2D
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom