• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POKÉTON! New Pokémon anime starring RED (!) from Pokémon Red/Blue [Up: Trailer]

Ezalc

is ash still 10 years old in the anime?

As long as they don't make him a total dipshit like they did in the B/W series in regards to the eventual league it's all good. How about we just let the poor bastard win a league for once instead of having to rely on some asshole with legendaries bullshit his way through the damn tournament?

XaosWolf

As long as they don't make him a total dipshit like they did in the B/W series in regards to the eventual league it's all good. How about we just let the poor bastard win a league for once instead of having to rely on some asshole with legendaries bullshit his way through the damn tournament?

If Ash actually pulled that off, it'd probably kill him on the spot.
And then Pokémon tears would bring him back to life I guess.

The easiest way to ruin their efforts is to make Red an Ash clone. Please give him his own personality and characterization based on the game.

Hmm I'm not quite getting the hype around this. I loved the original anime as a kid so I might check this out just for nostalgic purposes. I don't expect this to be anything special though. I must be missing something here.

neto

Wow I didn't expected this, just don't make Red suck like Ash, I have nothing against Ash but its not the image that I have of Red, Red is badass

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The Simpsons doesn't have a linear, progressing story though. Sliding time scales make more sense for some things than others.

Actually they do.

The easiest way to ruin their efforts is to make Red an Ash clone. Please give him his own personality and characterization based on the game.

Stop projecting your fantasies on a clean slate character :p

ALM5252

Should have been called Pokemon Origins: Red & Blue. Haha. Looks cool and glad to know it's coming to the west. :)

They should do something like this for each generation. Would be cool to see the different takes on each Region with the actual starting characters.

Oh, haven't really been keeping up so I didn't realise the Japanese airing was one 2 hour thing. Yeah, that being split in four is totally how it'll be delivered in English then.

Still, a 2 hour special is fine for this kind of thing.

IHaveIce

Banned
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. This needs to be the series, aim it for a little bit older kids( like one piece or something) and it can actually be good.

The original Pokemon series is dumb as shit.

Last episode would be Red enjoying his view from Mt. Silver when the Gold/Silver protag turns up and wants to challenge him.

zroid

Banned
even if this gets expanded into a series, the animation quality will sadly take a nosedive. we might be better off this way.

it would be cool if they made a movie for each region's games, though. I would love that!

Last episode would be Red enjoying his view from Mt. Silver when the Gold/Silver protag turns up and wants to challenge him.

this gave me chills :D

Mariolee

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. This needs to be the series, aim it for a little bit older kids( like one piece or something) and it can actually be good.

The original Pokemon series is dumb as shit.

Yup. They should make a movie for every single region:

Red/Blue - Pokemon Origins
Gold/Silver - Pokemon Legacy
Ruby/Sapphire - Pokemon Chronicles
Diamond/Pearl - Pokemon Saga
Black/White - Pokemon Legends
X/Y - Pokemon Adventure

Something like that. I know Chronicles and Adventure already have the spin-off series and comic respectively, but I think it'd be cool to have every film have like a version of "story" in the title.

I'm also writing like a 10-year old fanboy fantasizing about Pokemon films. What's wrong with me?

IHaveIce

Banned
If the episode ends that way, I think we can all just stop watching anime since it'll never be topped.

this gave me chills :D
I'm so glad I'm not alone with this opinion!

X/Y - Pokemon Adventure

Something like that. I know Chronicles and Adventure already have the spin-off series and comic respectively, but I think it'd be cool to have every film have like a version of "story" in the title.

I'm also writing like a 10-year old fanboy fantasizing about Pokemon films. What's wrong with me?
Dude... THAT WOULD BE SOOOO SICK.

And to your last sentence... well same for me. I just introduced my daughter to Pokemon and now I'm wishing for a new anime for it...

Ridicululz

Neo Member
Just saw the anime. It is sooo good!!

I really hope they do one with Gold next and then for the final episode he faces off against Red.

ash_ag

X/Y - Pokemon Adventure

Dude, I totally called the RS one Pokémon Chronicles, although I dubbed GS as Revelations and DP as Legends. I think XY should be called Pokémon Evolution.

chronosic

Watched the first episode of this today, and I got the hugest wave of nostalgia, I felt like I was 10 years old again. The hp bars during the battles was awesome.

nubbe

The TV show needs a red wedding to generate excitement and interest again

The debt for Misty's bike must be repaid

Top Bottom