• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon GO overtakes Pandora, Twitter, Netflix, Hangouts and Spotify in U.S DAUs

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm a 12 year old child mentally but I still have to snicker when I see DAU in this context.
(DAU in German stands for "Dümmster anzunehmender User" meaning "Stupidest user possible")

ReaperXL7

The sound of millions of nerds seeing the Sun for the first time in a Good Long while.

Lots of people would label anyone who frequents a site like Neogaf a nerd and a large percentage of the people playing this likely would have never fallen under that label prior. The term is outdated in the age we live in.

Winter will come eventually.]

People are going out and walking for hours in face melting hell heat, I doubt cold weather will be what stops this train.

M3d10n

But in this case, it's inevitable for mobile games to lose their luster after a while. Phones only have so much storage space, & people eventually delete apps to make room for other stuff (music, photos, other apps, etc.).

Yeah, look at games like Candy Crush, Clash of Clans and Game of War. Dead and gone after four months.

Oh wait.

The amount of people desperately trying to downplay this game at every related thread page is hilarious. It's making the news like no mobile game before, worldwide, and it hasn't even released worldwide.

We are also talking about Pokemon, the franchise that has been called a fad for nearly 20 years but consistently sees high selling releases, soon to be unleashed to a billion+ userbase. Just imagine when this thing makes it to China.

_machine

Yeah, look at games like Candy Crush, Clash of Clans and Game of War. Dead and gone after four months.
This. Most users on NeoGAF are extremely out of touch with the mobile games market, from why and how people play to the actual workings of the business model, metrics and popularity. Not that I blame anyone, it's so different from how the PC and console market works, but most mobile hits easily hit shelf life of over 3 years. Not necessarily in the top 10, but even the top 50 bring tens of millions of dollars monthly. I've seen many trustworthy analysts predicts that Pokemon GO will hit $1bn yearly revenue for its first year, and given the popularity and potential in the game, I'm inclined to believe.

Top Bottom