• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Elegant desk is a 3x3 desk with a opaque glassy top. It's too big for my base's layout, but I think it would be good in one of the more open bases.

Koren

Not sure why I cared, exactly, but after a couple soft reset, I got a

Timid Latios 25 / 31 / 25 / 31 / 31 / 31

I guess I should settle for this one? Too bad the 31 on Attack isn't in HP or Defense instead... but I guess a perfect draw would take several more hours.

Edit : I also tried to find a male, timid (or jovial) ralts with synchronize and mean look (to build a gallade for hunting) without success. Maybe I'm too greedy... Found a female one, unfortunately. Maybe I should rather breed it.

After hearing Wally's theme on repeat so many times, I think my first breeding experiment in ORAS will be for a shiny Gallade (Ralts). I'll even use
the stone Wally gave me to evolve him.

After that I'll go back to Torchic, again.

Heh, and to think that I never liked Ralts before, GF nailed Wally in this one.

DaBoss

My music choices for Battle Spot will be a mix of the following:
Zinnia's Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIn8_Q27WFY
Archie/Maxie Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA3mccI1DjY
B/W Kami Trio/Musketeer Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pkD2czKTjE
Pixie Trio Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK1PWoWdUXY
Deoxys Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8LZruXvong
Regi Trio Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiDgi4BN7aE

I'm glad they gave a lot of options. Hope they do that with the next game.
And I hope it has Cynthia's theme in it.
GF nailed Wally in this one.
They definitely did. I liked Wally in the originals as a unique way to approach a rival. Having a weak kid that you help start his journey ends up coming from no where and being one of the toughest trainers you face towards the end just appeals to me greatly.

Feels like they executed it better in ORAS. I didn't really feel that he was that weak in RSE like he is in ORAS.

They definitely did. I liked Wally in the originals as a unique way to approach a rival. Having a weak kid that you help start his journey ends up coming from no where and being one of the toughest trainers you face towards the end just appeals to me greatly.

Feels like they executed it better in ORAS. I didn't really feel that he was that weak in RSE like he is in ORAS.

I agree, I will replay the originals soon to try and get a shiny Groudon, but one scene in ORAS that made me feel like a jerk was that one where you
fight Wally before he goes into Mauville Gym. Damn, poor guy gets destroyed, I felt like a jerk for doing that.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I agree, I will replay the originals soon to try and get a shiny Groudon, but one scene in ORAS that made me feel like a jerk was that one where you
fight Wally before he goes into Mauville Gym. Damn, poor guy gets destroyed, I felt like a jerk for doing that.
Does it even have an attacking move at that point? All it did was try to teleport when I gave him free turns.

Azuran

Banned

Kidding me? That was the best part of the game. Nice to see someone finally shake in fear at the thought of battling you.

LOL I just completely demolished him on turn 1, he didn't even get to move. Poor kid.

Kidding me? That was the best part of the game. Nice to see someone finally shake in fear at the thought of battling you.

I don't know, it felt like an empty victory to me. Now, OHKOing every single pokemon of
the ice bitch in the Elite Four who said "All I've met so far are weak trainers"
, now that gave me an immeasurable amount of pleasure.

LOL I just completely demolished him on turn 1, he didn't even get to move. Poor kid.

Same, I had a Blaziken already and I was like "seriously? Can't I just move on now?"

I felt worse since I OHKO his Ralts with a Kirila.

I felt bad destroying him in one shot. However I made up for it later with

My Gallade vs his Mega Gallade at Victory Road.

Still lopsided to my favor, but nice setting it was to see those two at each other.

What

How are you that overleveled by then unless all you've used is your starter?

I grinded a bit. My other members came through the Pokebank all the way from the OG Ruby/Sapphire, so they gained more XP. It wasn't before the 7th badge that I could manage to get them under my control for a Gym Battle. Somehow they always managed to get over the level cap (like level 52 while only 50 or less would obey me).

I had a lvl 65 Metagross before the Latios fight, for an example.

I felt worse since I OHKO his Ralts with a Kirila.

That's bad and you should feel bad.

Crayolan

Oh man I just realized there's no GB Sounds equivalent in this game. Would've been nice to listen to the originals over the remixes sometimes for some of the weaker songs. Having the original Gym Leader theme would do a good job of making the Maison a little less monotonous
or they could just let us listen to Zinnia's theme as a music option and this wouldn't be an issue.

To me the best theme will always be the Champion theme from G/S/C. That always managed to get me all pumped up, I could hear it for hours on end.

He's not a legend, he's a god. He gets his own tier.

493Arceus_Normal_Dream.png

Do not take my name in vain.

I hate Arceus and his concept so much.

I'm still not convinced Mega Ray is the strongest Pokémon of all time (RBY Mewtwo is it) but it deserved to be banned from Ubers.

Saying that is fucking weird.

Azuran

Banned
-_- managed to breed a bunch of 5IV(spd,def,sp def,sp attk,hp) Rotoms
but none of them calm natured -_-

That's why you always breed for nature first as they're way more random than IVs. A parent should always be holding an everstone with your desired nature.

LOL Arceus is a jobber. He's still in Ubers.

I wasn't even talking about raw power though, more about the lore behind him. How can you create a pokemon god in the middle of your franchise? C'mon, pokemon isn't even near the end (I hope) and they already introduced "the one". And FFS he's not even the strongest.

I'm still not convinced Mega Ray is the strongest Pokémon of all time (RBY Mewtwo is it) but it deserved to be banned from Ubers.

Never happening, making a ban list for the ban list is counter-intuitive. Ubers was never supposed to be a meta or balanced at all. For the longest time Kyogre just completely dominated that tier.

Having the original Gym Leader theme would do a good job of making the Maison a little less monotonous
or they could just let us listen to Zinnia's theme as a music option and this wouldn't be an issue.
The thing about the GBA is I hate muffled the sound output is. A real step back from the clear GB sound. But as for Maison having only 20 battle themes and letting you only use four is ridiculous...bu bu but XY compatibility maybe, in singles?

What have you done Smogon

I quoted what they said about the tier :/

Don't I just look like an idiot. Not even going to edit my post.
For the longest time there was arguing about whether Ubers was a tier or a banlist. Now that we actually have the answer, and now that there's an Anything Goes tier (apart from the Funbro set) it makes sense to ban the second strongest Pokémon in history.

I can see why they did it. Even by power creep standards Mega Ray is ridiculous. I'm not entirely sure why two games into the Mega Phenomenon, Gamefreak already decided to break the "you need to lose an item slot" rule, but it was too much.

Hatchtag

Banned

I wish they'd take a break from trying to make the most powerful Pokemon in the series for a bit, like they did for a short time with B/W.
R/B/Y: Mewtwo
G/S/C: Now can have half a team as powerful as Mewtwo
R/S/E: Now a whole team as powerful as Mewtwo
D/P/Pt: Arceus
B/W: Nada
B2/W2: Black (lol)/White Kyurem
X/Y: Mega Mewtwo X/Y
OR/AS: Mega Rayquaza
B/W was the first time it didn't feel like there was a new Pokemon that was damn near required to be on every uber team.

Although I think they'll probably cap it off for a bit. Give us some more Uber Megas. Probably will do the next set dependent on what they want to tackle next. I just dislike when there's only 4 of these ultra powerful uber megas to choose from. When we get to a point where I can't fit all of the ultra powerful Pokemon on a team, I feel like there's more options.

I want Gamefreak to create a 1200 BST Arceus monster. All stats 200, beyond primal or mega. Call him the judge, jury and executioner edition. Let's see smogon deal with that.

I'd also like to point out that the move that Ray needs to Mega Evolve is incredible anyway and would be run on basically every set as is (apart from special Ray but nobody runs that)
I want Gamefreak to create a 1200 BST Arceus monster. All stats 200, beyond primal or mega. Call him the judge, jury and executioner edition. Let's see smogon deal with that.
They'd just ban it to AG and call it a day. Dealt with.

I wasn't even talking about raw power though, more about the lore behind him. How can you create a pokemon god in the middle of your franchise? C'mon, pokemon isn't even near the end (I hope) and they already introduced "the one". And FFS he's not even the strongest.
It had the highest BST when it was indroduced and it will likely have the highest again next gen when it gets a new form/Mega with the D/P remakes.

Azuran

Banned
So when Mega Arceus coming? I mean, we've finally reached the point where GF is in just fuck it mode when it comes to legendaries.

Top Bottom