• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon First Information - May 10th 12:00 UTC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing frame dips in the different videos. Noticeable with the Moon legendary charging an attack.

Boy, Game Freak are fucking lazy man. Just optimise the damed engine. Is this gonna be another 2D field and 3D battle lagfest situation?

No amount of optimisation is going to make those models run smoothly on the hardware.

The egregious technical aspects of X and Y were the overworld graphics, which have been notably overhauled here. The battle slowdown, though, is simply unfixable without junking all the models and rebuilding them from the ground up.

Mael

The cat is totally going to evolve into Fire/Fighting. I will go for the seal because I like dawgs

Have there ever been a cat that is fighting type?
I'm not being snarky, I really don't know.
I'd put more money on Fire/Dark or something like that myself...

No amount of optimisation is going to make those models run smoothly on the hardware.

The egregious technical aspects of X and Y were the overworld graphics, which have been notably overhauled here. The battle slowdown, though, is simply unfixable without junking all the models and rebuilding them from the ground up.

They even added trainers models in the battles!
It's probably not even going to run smoothly in 2D anymore!

HeelPower

Damn.That trailer looks shockingly cheap.

This is a multi-billion $ franchise.
They couldn't muster better presentation than this ? Or is 3D "hard"?

the japanese trailer is adorable.

new overworld graphics are nice. I like the generic customizable avatar coming back, even though I was one of those who didn't mind the lack of it in ORAS. New pokemon designs I'm not sold on, but the owl is cool.
Damn.That trailer looks shockingly cheap.

This is a multi-billion $ franchise.
They couldn't muster better presentation than this ? Or is 3D "hard"?

JP one is 100000000000000000000000x better

In regards to world map, anyone else get the feeling that it was in-engine? Perhaps it's from an opening cutscene where the protagonist arrives in the region via plane? They've already established that he's new to the region.

Seil

Forcing the n3DS's improved CPU onto the Gen VI games helps. I just hope they actually make use of it in S&M.

I mean, some stuff is always gonna be crazy, like a horde of Yanma, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom