• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

I think I was pretty lucky. Scored 94000. Hope I don't end up regretting spending a skill swapper and 8 megaturbos on Heracross. So far he's been useful in SM, just not... Bee-good.

And Ash-Greninja is a monster in SM, too.

Hope tomorrow's update is not too expensive, I'm not exactly overflowing with money after that competition.

Finally got Vivillon and the first time I spend a +5 moves I would have beaten 191 itemless

If they're sensible, they won't require you to have beaten 550 main stages before you get a crack at the new Pokémon. I'd bet on an Alolan safari, not a set of main stages.

I have a feeling we'll get a new group of Daily Alolan and a Special challenge stage of one of the starters

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn it, only one RML & speedup....

also TONS OF NEW CONTENT

-Oranguru "try 'em items" stage
- Daily Pokemon #7
- Litten "Great Challenge"
- Mimikyu Great Challenge
- Cosmog "chance a day"
- New safari with 5 Pokemon (Geodude (Alola), Salandit, Togedemaru, Graveler (Alola), & Golem (Alola))
- 30 new main stages
- 1 new EX stage

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
...and a new tune, or did I just never hear the song in the Oranguru stage before?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh wow, yup, that sounds like a new BGM.

Also damn, looks like I might have to finally go back to grinding for coins on Meowth again after so long.

Finished Mega Gallade (580). These stages have got ridiculous. Requiring coins for completion :/

Like that matters for someone with 150 jewels!

Not much looking forward to starting these, but I'll get the safari done first. Got everything else (except Cosmog) including a lucky Litten catch at 8%.

Reddit suggesting that weekend Meowth is dead, long live Weekend Alolan Meowth - I wonder if that stage is going to be the same or whether everything we know about weekend Meowth is about to become obsolete.

I'm surprised they didn't ease us into Alola they really slapped a whole new coat of paint on this game.

I threw a great ball at A-Golem assuming it's the rare one, I do not want to spend more time in a Safari after all that time wondering after Vivillon. That no hearts trial expires in 6 days, I'd hate to waste it on the Safari after catching the rare one with a single heart. Shuffle karma

daydream

Banned
am i missing something with litten or is it just a pain in the ass

edit: got it. these catch rates are silly

edit 2: the new track is nice!

L.O.R.D

Wasted all the day to find golem,i really hate the safari.

and of course neeby won't stay inside the ball.

a bit dissapointed at the new levels,most of them are repeat,why repeat? i won't mind if they are winking or shiny or emoji or something like that,but same Pokemon repeated is lazy,also no alolan Pokemon in main stages is also stupid idea.

CassSept

So, funny thing. Going through all the new content, which I guess I should enjoy because yay, new content, made me realize I don't care about the game any more and I'm only playing it out of habit. I guess it's the realization that they're really going to continue with it indefinitely, which makes S-ranking newer and newer stages, 50% of them a repeat a hassle, not a challenge.

Really, what was even the last new mechanic they introduced, M-Tyranitar effect almost a year ago? It's been all just reskins and shinies and increases in RML/MSU since then, which makes the game going on and on for so long that more irritating for a person who wants to relatively clear most of the content.

So, funny thing. Going through all the new content, which I guess I should enjoy because yay, new content, made me realize I don't care about the game any more and I'm only playing it out of habit. I guess it's the realization that they're really going to continue with it indefinitely, which makes S-ranking newer and newer stages, 50% of them a repeat a hassle, not a challenge.

Really, what was even the last new mechanic they introduced, M-Tyranitar effect almost a year ago? It's been all just reskins and shinies and increases in RML/MSU since then, which makes the game going on and on for so long that more irritating for a person who wants to relatively clear most of the content.
I guess it's possible for them to add not a new mega effect, but Z-Moves. But that probably require way too many resources.

7th gen six months after Sun and Moon. Could've boosted sales but no, they had to release a dozen Pikachu variants first.

I agree the game isn't that fun anymore. It's such a grind and you know there's a problem when a bug (Brute Force) was the most exciting thing to happen recently because it made stages doable.

I think they could learn something from the Brute Force bug: Pyre and similar abilities need a boost to be more fun, be it proc rate or damage multiplier.

Brute Force is worthless on a Normal type, if they released it on a Bug Type it would be valuable.

That's just one of a number of abilities that they never implemented properly.

-Cheer should be an amazing ability with so much focus on improving proc rates with Skill Booster

-Dancing Dragons should be found on every type with how key MRay is to the game. Ampharos had purpose as support when combined with MRay due to the lack of useful Electric Megas

-Counter Attack should be a staple on any team. Heavy disruption stages would love having a reliable match 3 that could do damage when there are no better options.

Now they are introducing new abilities that probably won't take advantage of either.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Woah, Alola version of Meowth is now up. Says that it's "mighty rich".

Also craaaaap, what was yesterday's daily Pokemon? I think I might've missed it....

Edit: Yup....note to self: Daily Pokemon on Thursday. DO IT.

7400 + 5000 + 8600 + 6400 - 3200 = 24200 coins. Feels....a little higher than what I normally get, but not "holy crap I'm rolling in coins" higher

Fomantis was yesterday's Daily, if I remember correctly...
I actually caught that one. All of these have joke catch rates for mons that will never get past lvl 1.

It's like if you can't beat these stages in a single move you don't have chance at a decent percentage. Luckily these fire types get to face Ash-Greninja every time.

I think it was Fomantis where I kept consistently curb stomping it but one time I had 3 moves remaining that's the time I catch it. Everything is completely random with little reward.

JoeM86

Can't help but think that Alolan Meowth has been coded to give lower coin yields. I haven't got over 6000 today. Hell, one of my runs gave just 3500. They were never that low on normal Meowth

pHand

Can't help but think that Alolan Meowth has been coded to give lower coin yields. I haven't got over 6000 today. Hell, one of my runs gave just 3500. They were never that low on normal Meowth

I managed to get 9,500, so it might just be bad RNG. Hopefully one of the dataminers can check and see if they changed the % of getting 3 or 5 coin disruptions. I did notice that the starting boards are less conducive to Mega Boost+ and especially MB++.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I got super lucky during one attempt & got Mega Boost++ on my very first move, & with 10 speedups, I seemed to get Mewtwo evolved in the first or second move.

WVW69kSJrbgsuXn2_p

My best ever haul. Not putting it down to anything other than RNG though!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Instead of Victini, we now have Magearna & you're allowed to spend 9 jewels for extra leveling up. Same amount of EXP, though.

aarrrggghhhhh, but I failed to capture it, now I gotta wait a damn week....

Finished the Safari (threw a GB at Togedemaru, the last one I needed). Now what to do with my unlimited-hearts trial...

I spent mine at Gulpin. I went from SL2 to two shy of SL3. Tried to start a Survival Mode run at the buzzer but the frickin confirmation button cost me 3 banked hearts. They took away confirmations when spending items but not SM?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Here's a first: If you check in, you get Vulpix (Alola) automatically....though it means little considering it's AP 40.....

Anyways....

- Passimian Try 'em Items stage
- Incineroar Escalation Battle
- Ninetales (Alola) Great Challenge
- Salazzle High-Speed Challenge

pHand

The EB seems to be heavily reliant on having a Unity Power Ash-Greninja, which makes it annoying to get multiple 4 or 5 matches in a row not proc. At least the pre-boss stages look manageable this time. Still, 140 and 150 look quite daunting. I'll probably stop at 130, which is probably doable with a few lucky UP procs and Attack Power Up.

Here's a first: If you check in, you get Vulpix (Alola) automatically....though it means little considering it's AP 40.....

They gave Rayquaza away a few months ago, but this is the first time they've given away a Pokemon you can't get any other way. Kind of sucks if you miss out on it now, because who knows how it'll be available in the future.

There's another unlimited hearts trial for this week. I might suggest using it on the early stages of the EB after you catch Incineroar.
Thanks I forgot that it refreshed this week. At least it came right before the boss rush in the 100's. I went from something like LVL 85 to 110

Top Bottom