• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
New content:

- Another 5 pokemon safari (Alola Meowth, Alola Persian, Bounsweet, Steenee, & Tsareena)
- Primariana competitive stage
- Lurantis Great Challenge
- Alola Muk Great Challenge
- Alola Exeggutor Great Challenge

Protip for Safari: You have 3 grass & 2 dark. It suggests bug type, but go ahead & use Fire as well for the three grass, then use Fairy/Fighting/Bug for the two darks.

New content:

- Another 5 pokemon safari (Alola Meowth, Alola Persian, Bounsweet, Steenee, & Tsareena) ✓
- Lurantis Great Challenge ✓
- Alola Muk Great Challenge ✓
- Alola Exeggutor Great Challenge ✓

Not gonna bother with the contest (beyond setting a crap score) because it's 12,000 coins for nothing more than luck.

Safari catch rates are a bit better than the last one, by no means good but at least between 20-30% rather than 10-20%. The rarest one is a massive 3% encounter rate as well. And Meowth has coins too which makes the whole thing a bit more bearable. Nothing too difficult this week.

Back to trying to beat Ditto.

Ondore

Brought a Bug team to the Safari and Tsareena showed up on the first heart. Never had that happen before. MHeracross went Mega on the first move (mine is fully invested) and it ORKOed. Beautiful.

Really lucky to have finished the Safari already. With the coin/heart savings I didn't feel bad about throwing a Great Ball at Lurantis and Exeggutor.

How many coins am I going to need for Solgaleo?

Really lucky to have finished the Safari already. With the coin/heart savings I didn't feel bad about throwing a Great Ball at Lurantis and Exeggutor.

How many coins am I going to need for Solgaleo?
Not too many. It doesn't really require complexity. You can either go with Camerupt or Houndoom along with Risk Takers.

Ryukori

I finally beat all the main stages out so far after almost 2 years of playing this game. I never spent any money on microtransactions, I used about 4 jewels from completing mission cards and event bonuses, and I had about 6900 plays at the end.

Huh, went to the competition using the Tyranitar + Shaymin + Tangrowth strategy, Shaymin procced on the very first turn and Tangrowth did his thing every single time, always with pretty big combos (20 or more).

Still only got 93K.

Either this needs much more RNG than it looks, or I just plain suck at using tappers. Maybe both, heh.

Huh, went to the competition using the Tyranitar + Shaymin + Tangrowth strategy, Shaymin procced on the very first turn and Tangrowth did his thing every single time, always with pretty big combos (20 or more).

Still only got 93K.

Either this needs much more RNG than it looks, or I just plain suck at using tappers. Maybe both, heh.
You just need to be using a 3DS and the Home button. View the board on Game Notes and take your time to either clear out the Tyranitars or attempt to create more Tyranitar matches.

I went in with M-Sceptile, Shaymin and Tangrowth and was satisfied with just missing tier 2 with that team. That mega does all the work, didn't really feel like attempt a tapper...

til today. With six moves left I already passed my previous run. Might have been able to climb higher in tier 1 if I hadn't forgotten to feed Tangrowth 2 small cookies to give it a huge 20% activation rate bump. Oh well, hopefully it will hold and I will have saved some cookies.

Tried the competition twice. First time with Tyranitar, second time with Sceptile.

Tyranitar does give you more control, but it's still dependent on RNG. Once you clear away the Megas and the two others are comboing, you need another Mega match when it reappears in the skyfall or you can't continue your combo. And when matching that Mega, you need to make another Mega match or clear away enough Megas. It's basically how 50+ combos work in the Safari with Gengar.

Sceptile is basically fire and forget.

I scored higher with Sceptile.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nintendo don't care that it's E3 week, because....

- 20 new main stages
- new expert stage
- you can now get certain items from beating stage 50, 70, 80, 100, 110, 130, & 140
- Pikachu (Hoenn Cap) Great Challenge
- free Pikachu (Original Cap) reward
- tons of new Max Level Pokemon (Dragonite can now be a whopping 130 if maxed out, making it tied for highest AP with Xerneas)
- More Pokemon that can use Skill Swapper
- 2 free RMLs
- free skill swapper

Stage prizes:

50 - 1 Moves +5
70 - 1 Disruption Delay
80 - 1 Mega Start
100 - 1 Disruption Delay
110 - 1 Mega Start
130 - 1 Disruption Delay
140 - 1 Mega Start

You can go back and re-beat them to get the item, they're all pretty easy with end-game Pokémon. More efficient use of seven hearts than Meowth at least!

Slow week in the special stages, just Pikachu is new and it's very easy.

Kind of glad they gave away a bunch of freebie items and calmed down on the special stages. I missed a few over the past few weeks since they've just bombarded us with Alola content...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How the hell do I get a S-rank on 580? Tried both versions of Mega Rayquaza, but it's not enough & wasted the free MS & DD I earned from playing those earlier stages.

Cosmozone

This made me mad: normal stage 350, Mega Mewtu X (I think, not sure if remembered correctly). Put up a support Pokemon that could be put in the team to reduce complexity without items. Then I went with items and the support changed to something else resulting in having to deal with two types of not effective Pokemon (and failing the stage with items). That's a damn fraud! :(

This made me mad: normal stage 350, Mega Mewtu X (I think, not sure if remembered correctly). Put up a support Pokemon that could be put in the team to reduce complexity without items. Then I went with items and the support changed to something else resulting in having to deal with two types of not effective Pokemon (and failing the stage with items). That's a damn fraud! :(
Most stages with additional support do that. Some change the 5th support to blocks, just to mess with you even more.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
New content:

- Pikachu version #7653, Sinnoh Cap, High-Speed Challenge
- Pikachu version #7654, Shiny Gyarados Costume, Great Challege
- Repeat safari, but has two new Pokemon, Gyarados Costume Pikachu & Magikarp Costume Pikachu

......PIKACHU.

Orgen

Everything was Pikachu! And man, the timed stage is nuts. I did try it once and couldn't make any move 3 times and the time ran out... :|

Everything was Pikachu! And man, the timed stage is nuts. I did try it once and couldn't make any move 3 times and the time ran out... :|

I think you either have to make five moves to make the blocks vanish, or just make some moves slowly so they vanish after x seconds. Then the stage is really easy.

All of it's pretty simple, got the safari done within six hearts so I assume those Pikas aren't too rare.

I love slow weeks, got some S-ranks in, brought Gulpin and Pidgeotto from SL4 to SL5, Carbink to 4, Skarmory to 3, found out Conkledurr is a joke to farm even with a sped up SS M-Dancie, struggled with Tornadus-T even with an Ice Dance Team but got it from SL4 to 5 and still nearing Max coins. Bring on M-Gyarados

Machine

I love slow weeks, got some S-ranks in, brought Gulpin and Pidgeotto from SL4 to SL5, Carbink to 4, Skarmory to 3, found out Conkledurr is a joke to farm even with a sped up SS M-Dancie, struggled with Tornadus-T even with an Ice Dance Team but got it from SL4 to 5 and still nearing Max coins. Bring on M-Gyarados

I should probably prioritize raising skill levels more. Every time I get some coins, I end up working on s-ranks instead and then need to farm Meowth again. I'm sitting at 590/600 s-ranks and a few of the remaining ones will require full-item runs (which will drain my coins again).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
DID SOMEONE SAY MOAR PIKACHUS?!?!

- Unova Cap Pikachu

Also, get this, the repeat Shiny Gyarados stage is very restrictive as who you can bring.

- Electric & Normal types only
- if you use support pokemon that you can mega evolve, you're limited to Ampharos, Audino, Kangaskhan, & Lopunny
- Can't use Manectric or Audino (Winking)

Interesting competition this week, with type-restrictions. You can only use electric or normal types and specific megas.

Moves+5 is available too.

I wonder if we'll start seeing type-restrictions creep into main stages and other special stages before long.

Machine

This current EB is absurd. Everything from 100 all the way to 200 has blocks as a 5th support. If you don't have a fully candied M-Steelix or M-Alakazam, you won't make it to the end without using a lot of coins. If I make it to 150, I think I'll stop there.

This current EB is absurd. Everything from 100 all the way to 200 has blocks as a 5th support. If you don't have a fully candied M-Steelix or M-Alakazam, you won't make it to the end without using a lot of coins. If I make it to 150, I think I'll stop there.
It's also the least newbie-friendly EB in quite a while. Most of the useful Pokémon you would need for this either are from previous Special sages, or require a bunch of investments, or both.

Cosmozone

This is devastating. I constantly forget to hit 1,5x Exp for the weekly exp stage. WTF! I'm getting sick thinking of how many exp points I left on the table already. This week it would've been especially important.

Had some spare MSU so I decided to candy Diancie and skill swap it for level 50 of the EB. Holy cow it evolves in one match if you trigger MB+.

Had some spare MSU so I decided to candy Diancie and skill swap it for level 50 of the EB. Holy cow it evolves in one match if you trigger MB+.
Yes, it really pays off because there's always one or two tough special stage that has a bunch of barriers where a candied Diancie with MB+ absolutely destroys.

This new Deoxys stage can fuck right off. 500 coins to play and I didn't even beat it with ATK+ and DD.

It takes ages to get going and then as soon as that first disruption hits, you're done for. Take a Moves+5 to keep them away longer or there's basically no chance.

daydream

Banned
This new Deoxys stage can fuck right off. 500 coins to play and I didn't even beat it with ATK+ and DD.

It takes ages to get going and then as soon as that first disruption hits, you're done for. Take a Moves+5 to keep them away longer or there's basically no chance.

i held off till i saw some strategies for it, not gonna go in blind with a 500 coin fee

other than that, another nice quiet week

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, 3 more versions of Pikachu to catch. This puts us at THIRTEEN versions of Pikachu available. We're gonna have a Pikachu for each power in the game at this rate.

daydream

Banned
in a couple weeks it'll be like

"replay this safari for a chance to catch alcoholic pikachu, and introducing sexual deviant pikachu in a once-a-day challenge. also have this red pikachu as a gift"

JoeM86

in a couple weeks it'll be like

"replay this safari for a chance to catch alcoholic pikachu, and introducing sexual deviant pikachu in a once-a-day challenge. also have this red pikachu as a gift"

Haha

Seriously though, there's just these ones left until the next big update

025-alola.png
025-artist.png
025-charizard.png
025-chef.png
025-college.png
025-d.png
025-darumaka.png
025-de.png
025-di.png
025-entei.png
025-fu.png
025-golden.png
025-ha.png
025-intern.png
025-kotatsu.png
025-raincoat.png
025-raincoat2.png
025-sailor.png
025-su.png
025-sushi.png
025-t.png

A total of 43 currently coded in

Remember when Regirock was this difficult puzzle no one could crack itemless for the longest time? Now you can train pretty much whoever with a Risk Taker in tow.

Top Bottom