• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

This new Deoxys stage can fuck right off. 500 coins to play and I didn't even beat it with ATK+ and DD.

It takes ages to get going and then as soon as that first disruption hits, you're done for. Take a Moves+5 to keep them away longer or there's basically no chance.

i held off till i saw some strategies for it, not gonna go in blind with a 500 coin fee

other than that, another nice quiet week

I went in with everything but C-1, M Sableeye with a Sinister Team finished with 10 moves left and a great ball to catch

There's video of an itemless run with M-Dancie, Hoopla, Yvetal, and Dusknoir at SL5

Last Ditch Effort definitely has returned (once invested) since that Mindzap Nerf update.

Cosmozone

It was hinted at yesterday but for sure now that Victini has returned (with normal Meotwth) before I could catch the other exp Pokemon. This is some BS! >:-(

Edit: In case anyone is interested, my Deoxys approach was M-Sableye L13 SL3, skil-swapped Genesect L15 SL3, Yveltal maxed out, Hoopa-C L10 SL3 with MS, DD, ATK+. I was a little lucky, but I could catch it without a fully maxed out team with 4 moves left and a great ball. I could get rid of the initial barrier ring in the second move. I think I didn't even have a good opportunity to use Genesect's 4 up (couldn't combine with combo), so you might try something else here.

I used M-Sableye lvl 6, Yveltal lvl 15, Hoopa-U lvl 10 SL3, and Zoroark lvl 13 SL3, all items except C-1. Didn't get any M-Sableye on the starting board, but managed to get BS+ from Yveltal to free up some of the board. It actually doesn't have that much HP so a couple big Risk-Taker matches (I got a 3500 one to finish it) will help a lot. Finished with 7 moves left, 11% base, caught it in one 22% Great Ball.

It was hinted at yesterday but for sure now that Victini has returned (with normal Meotwth) before I could catch the other exp Pokemon. This is some BS! >:-(

Same thing happened to me. I almost tossed a Great Ball last time because I had the coins but I figured it's just a matter of time til I snag it in a pokeball. Oh well, It's not like I would have used it anyway.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
New safari featuring Bug pokemon & a Butterfree "great chance a day".

Man, I'm starting to run out of Mega Pokemon to give speed ups to. Even worse, I was in the 300s a few days ago for the competition, but then dropped to the 2000s, giving me only 1 RML. I can't help but feel the people who ranked the highest are the ones who actually get the most RMLs to level their Pokemon, so people who don't earn them as much can't get them as powerful to match the scores in the higher ranks.

This is going to be an irritating safari. Everything has too much HP and too many disruptions.

It's not that the battles are hard, they're just long and slow, and safaris were enough of a slog as it was. Might just use great balls to get it out of the way, which presumably is just what they want

Stage On

New safari featuring Bug pokemon & a Butterfree "great chance a day".

Man, I'm starting to run out of Mega Pokemon to give speed ups to. Even worse, I was in the 300s a few days ago for the competition, but then dropped to the 2000s, giving me only 1 RML. I can't help but feel the people who ranked the highest are the ones who actually get the most RMLs to level their Pokemon, so people who don't earn them as much can't get them as powerful to match the scores in the higher ranks.

Pretty much, I was able to score in the second tier this time but that was more luck then anything since typically I score much lower

daydream

Banned
i pretty much always end up on the 1RML/1MS tier in competitions so it was nice to see that i scored a bit better this time. always only go for one try, as well

another quiet week is fine by me, i may try and milk mew which is not usually my MO with EBs

Loptous

Finally spent my last free jewel... and it was my first time using one to extend the duration of a puzzle on Venomoth. ...Feels like I've been sullied.

At least I got the dastard without requiring a Great Ball.

Now tell me it didn't have a 1% appearance rate and make me feel like an idiot

Hegarol

Finally spent my last free jewel... and it was my first time using one to extend the duration of a puzzle on Venomoth. ...Feels like I've been sullied.

At least I got the dastard without requiring a Great Ball.

Now tell me it didn't have a 1% appearance rate and make me feel like an idiot
3.33 %

I did two competition runs and ended up in the 1000's. I usually just use Victini twice (and then Meowth throughout the week) to level up the team and don't bother with giving skill boosters or RML (since they're hardly ever used elsewhere).

At least Safari catch rates aren't terrible.

Machine

I didn't have an optimized team for the last competition but managed tier 2 thanks to better than usual RNG. If you don't have max skill levels and enough spare RMLs to max out the forced pokemon, you generally aren't going to touch tier 1. I just shake my head when I see people on Reddit talk about having 30 spare RMLs and 20 unused candies so they can instantly power up the exact pokemon they need for any given competition.

There's a new mode coming next week with Mewtwo's Return. Check the reddit post by gogobarril for a detailed write up.

It's described being similar to Fire Emblem Heroes Tempest Trials but a competition against yourself for the highest score.

There's also a notice at the bottom of the update page that Survival Mode is being updated so if you need any EXP booster might be the last week to farm them

Shiny Tyranitar will be an upcoming gift. Surely they will show Rock Types some love and make it worth investing. Actually it could be a Dark type to use against the new Mewtwo stage.

Cosmozone

I didn't have an optimized team for the last competition but managed tier 2 thanks to better than usual RNG. If you don't have max skill levels and enough spare RMLs to max out the forced pokemon, you generally aren't going to touch tier 1. I just shake my head when I see people on Reddit talk about having 30 spare RMLs and 20 unused candies so they can instantly power up the exact pokemon they need for any given competition.
You say it. Last competition was actually the first ever I managed to reach one of the higher stratums (3 or 4 I think).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Heads up, when you check in today, you'll get 30 hearts & 10,000 coins.

The only new content is a Shiny Mega Tyrantitar competition. If you already have Tyranitarite, you'll get a Level Up instead.

You'll also get a free Shiny Tyranitar. Dark, AP80, erases up to 10 barrier covered pokemon or disruptions similar to Diancie & Houndoom.

I'm also seeing something about "renewal for Survival Mode"?

Machine

So, has anyone been able to complete the new survival mode? It's been hell.

Reading through the Shuffle Reddit thread, the new survival mode appears to be ridiculous. I'll wait until a viable strategy appears because it doesn't look like anyone has gotten to the end yet.

Reading through the Shuffle Reddit thread, the new survival mode appears to be ridiculous. I'll wait until a viable strategy appears because it doesn't look like anyone has gotten to the end yet.

Looks more like a boss rush now. I don't expect a power creep anytime soon to make SM possible itemless.

You would need a Mega tapper like Tyranitar with the speed of Bee and a team of a more reliable Unity Power-like ability or a Glitch-lax Brute Force

It sucks there's no longer a means to gain substantial EXP, that's become the most valueable item now. I've been collecting more RML faster than I can level them up to use a RML. I don't like dumping 5 RML on a single mon, I rather feed it one let it slowly get experience then wait for a reason to take it to Victini for a Comp or EB before I feed it more. But this was also when they were stingy with handing out RML and I didn't want to make a mistake investment like Kyogre

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
We now have a "Start of Month" Challenge:

"in this limited-time, three-day period, defeat Pokemon to get useful stuff like Enhancements & Coins!

Audino - 3 Mega Speedups
Bulbasaur - 1 Skill Booster L
Charmander - 2 Mega Speedups
Squirtle - 5,000 Coins
Espurr - 10 Hearts

You can play this stage once during the following event period without spending jewels. You can spend jewels to play up to 4 more times this period. Each of these additional attempts will require one jewel.

Note that the Pokemon mentioned in the lineup appear at random."

Tapu Koko Ultra Challege also is up & a bunch of repeats.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Even being it random it seems everyone is getting Audino today on it's first try... we'll see what we get tomorrow.
I got Charmander.

And boy that Tapu Koko challenge is bullshiiit. Sank so much money into it only to beat it with 1 turn left and get a 5% rate. Just use a C-1.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Don't think so, it showed up as all captured for me with the icons. Would've stated if they were winking or whatever.

I got Charmander.

And boy that Tapu Koko challenge is bullshiiit. Sank so much money into it only to beat it with 1 turn left and get a 5% rate. Just use a C-1.
UGH, agreed.

Orgen

I got Charmander.

You only get one free try for the duration of the event. Additional tries cost jewels.

I got Espurr.

I'm sorry guys, I hope you get Audino tomorrow or the day after (I think it has the best gifts from all the Pokemon).

And Tapu Koko seems like a 20.000 coins investment (full item run and a couple of great balls later... my god).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Any tips as to what Pokemon I should bring for the beginning of month challenge? Rayquaza + my 3 strongest?

Ondore

As long as they can deal 1000 HP you'll win eventually. They're early game levels stuffed with rewards.

Bring a Last Ditch Effort/Swarm Pokemon and they're eligible 80% of the time.

Orgen

Mmmm I thought it was one try for each day (not wasting a jewel) but nope, it's only one try for all the 3 days that it runs :( Disappointmenton!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, got Audino.

......too bad I feel like I've run out of Mega Pokemon to give Speedups to, gimme some damn RMLs, I feel like I can't earn as many now because the people who always rank at the top to earn more are the ones who already have a crapton of RMLs.

The only ones I'm really eyeing are Shiny Rayquaza & Salamance, but I almost never use Flying types.

Orgen

Wow, got Audino.

......too bad I feel like I've run out of Mega Pokemon to give Speedups to, gimme some damn RMLs, I feel like I can't earn as many now because the people who always rank at the top to earn more are the ones who already have a crapton of RMLs.

The only ones I'm really eyeing are Shiny Rayquaza & Salamance, but I almost never use Flying types.

I'm giving my speed ups to Salamance now. I leveled up several flying pokemons (shiny rayquaza, the one like landorus but the flying type and another one that has flying combo as skill) and combined with Lugia they can make some battles a breeze.

Ondore

So the Mega Charizard X comp started, and it uses the C-1. With no fifth support. And Goodra (Unity Power L5!) is disrupted.

This is causing scores over a MILLION.

Ondore

Basically. Roll the big Dancing Dragons combos with Dragonite, then rack up points with the Goodra disruptions (especially if Unity Power procs for >9999: the disruption cycle can last a stupidly long time).

My L10 Dragonite/L8 and SL5 Goodra team put up >400k in a stalking horse run, and I was 101st in NA (3DS).

There's a free no hearts needed trial in the shop again.

Today's special challenge is Ash ninja so if yours is not SL5 it's a pretty good use of the trial.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, you guys weren't kidding about this competition. I don't think I've ever seen my score go this high. 409,883 on my first attempt.

......& I still ranked in the 1000 range.....

Holy crap, you guys weren't kidding about this competition. I don't think I've ever seen my score go this high. 409,883 on my first attempt.

......& I still ranked in the 1000 range.....
I didn't think I was going get anywhere close to that score then DD wore off, finished with 635k, I'll probably still fall out of tier two in 6 hrs.

Stage On

Just when you'd think they'd slow down for the summer we get new stages, new skill swaps and more pokemon able to take max level ups, some even to level 30 like Mewtwo

M-Sally got a new Weekend Meowth partner in a Mega Boost+ Swablu maybe even Noivern with Shot Out. That's the first thing that stood out to me but there are new abilities like Super Cheer and Try Hard that we'll have to wait to see the data mine uncovers.

Will the Charizard X mega stone come separately from the other items? I received a skill capsule and an RML, but didn't see the stone (unless I dropped out of the required ranking for it, but I forget what I'd be getting instead).

Edit: Those items are separate from the Charizard X stage apparently, oops!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Crap, MORE stages? I still haven't finished the previous set (super close, 598).....

Also, it seems now they'll reward you for checking in so many times per month. This month:

- 5 or more days: 5 hearts
- 10+ days: 5 hearts & Pikachu (Celebration)
- 15+ days: 5 hearts, Pikachu (Celebration), & 1 Mega Speedup

Also crrraaaaaapppp, another repeat safari with ONE new Pokemon? & daammnnn, all the new Pokemon who can use RML or Skill Swapper.

HOLY HELL, certain Pokemon can now have a whopping TWENTY RMLs, making them go all the way up to level 30!!! Lucario can be AP 140, Groudon & Kyogre can reach 140 as well, Mewtwo can be 145, but the strongest Pokemon is Regigigas reaching a whopping 150AP when completely maxed.

Cosmozone

Basically. Roll the big Dancing Dragons combos with Dragonite, then rack up points with the Goodra disruptions
Ugh, I didn't think of that use of Dragonite, thought they were doing it for base damage due to those 10 RML slots it has. Ended up in tier 6 or so. Oh well, next time.

Next week Mega Beedrill comes back with a new fast match competition. Last time I was busy so I couldn't get the mega stone, but at this point it's not really all that more useful than other tappers.

Not having the classic survival mode makes level 30 Pokémon pretty much impossible for most players.

I'm... kind of bummed out by the state of the game. It's not surprising Pak Adi Yak is quitting it.

They need to add something *more* to the game to revitalize it. Multiplayer would be it, but it's probably too much work for the devs.

Top Bottom