• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X and Y Leaks, Releases Early

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys what is this cam-era thing? I don't know what I'm doinggg *shakes violently while taking picture*

7af12dF.png

yami4ct

Middle evolution for the Growlithe line? Hmmmmmmm. Not sure if that's something I want. The idea of adding evolutions in the middle is a bit odd to me. Seems like it'd be hard to integrate newer designs into the middle of a line without them really sticking out. Oh well, we shall see. If that's my biggest complaint with the game, it's going to be a great generation.

Kiryu

6gM3Ngb.jpg

Secret Reason
Nintendo Ninja patched this invisible update to prevent him to go any further in Pokemon X.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda worried no new Pokemon have been shown so far, which might lend credence to the 70 new ones rumor. But still, can't imagine that one to be true.

The timing is a nightmare, in a personal sense. While I do have a very flexible schedule right now, I didn't want to be spoiled like this before launch.

In a professional sense though....the timing doesn't matter all that much to my site. I suppose if anything, I'm just glad that it happened while I was awake. In any case, our policy is that we will not be posting any information outside official announcements until the game launches. While we don't have any review copies and aren't under an NDA, we're basically respecting the exact same rules that the people who are under NDA have to. The only annoying thing really is that we've had to lock down Bulbapedia a lot earlier than we'd intended to.
That's right, I vaguely remember the cease and desist letters being sent around last time. I'm assuming that's why you don't want to post any leaks... in order to maintain a sense of goodwill with Nintendo's legal team (even though they technically couldn't do anything since you aren't under NDA)?

But then, since you aren't going to be posting any of the leaks on your site, why do you even need to spoil yourself if you'd rather go into the game fresh?

I love both bulbapedia and serebii, so I've always been curious as to what exactly goes down when leaks start happening.

Dryk

a random NPC scientist could say "Gee, it seems Pokemon native to other regions grow differently here... hmm..." and there we go, lore solved.
I know they could do that, but I'm wary. In the past when presented with a potential evolution retcon they just throw up their hands and say either:

"nope, turns out it only evolves inside this mountain or next to this rock that isn't found anywhere else"
"nope, turns out it only breeds that baby when holding this item that didn't exist before"
"nope, turns out it only evolves when it knows this move it hasn't been able to learn until now"

These contrivances already make a lot of the babies worthless, if they do something similar for a middle stage they'll have to be able to pick up good moves while they're there (like Wynaut) or nobody will use them (like every other baby)

DigitalOp

Banned
The idea that I can have Charizard in my core party along with Linoone and Heracross is seriously awesome.

One thing I didn't like about Black (so much so I never beat it) was how everything was new and unfamiliar and it made it not feel like a Pokemon game. Seeing Zigzagoon as the early game normal and Combee as the generic early stock bug type seriously brings me back to Gold and Silver and Ruby and Sapphire where the old Pokemon blended flawlessly with the new ones.

I think the real gem that we'll all get to realize when we finally get our hands on the game is how the world of Pokemon is going to come together so seamlessly on 3DS.

This is finally the system that will bring together the pokemon from new gens to old in one solid adventure. I mean shit... THIS IS the "Console Pokemon Adventure" everyone has been crying about....

The massive blend of new and old plus all the changes are making this easily GOTY material and Pokemon God tier gaming.

And if middlelutions are a thing, Combined with Megas and new evos for past pokemon... This shit got 1,000 times crazier

I'd be 100x okay if more than 50% of the "new" pokemon are just middleutions and megas of old pokemon.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Middle evos is not something I want.

Fey

Banned
Kinda worried no new Pokemon have been shown so far, which might lend credence to the 70 new ones rumor. But still, can't imagine that one to be true.

wait i didn't even think of that
7732f81d.png

has he even encountered an unannounced pokemon yet?

Dr. Buni

I don't give a flying squirrel about 70 or 15250 new Pokémon, I just want to see Quilladin evolve already.

Seriously whats the point of having a middle evolution for growlithe

A slightly bigger but not really big Growlithe with the makings of a mane but not quite.

Like this might have just doomed a WW release ever happening again. That's how it feels.

Bwahaha has it fuck. Like a leak never happened in Japan before, and doesn't happen for loads of games that launch in multiple countries at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom