• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X and Y Leaks, Releases Early

Status
Not open for further replies.
By middle evolutions... maybe he means alternate evolutions from an earlier form? So instead of a weird middle ground between Growlithe and Arcanine we get a Growlithe evo standing on two legs or something. Bad example, but you see my point. Much like Politoed really.

That's right, I vaguely remember the cease and desist letters being sent around last time. I'm assuming that's why you don't want to post any leaks... in order to maintain a sense of goodwill with Nintendo's legal team (even though they technically couldn't do anything since you aren't under NDA)?
Correct. Though, unlike Joe, we're under no legal compulsion there. We didn't cover the leaked info last time, and never received a C&D back then.

But then, since you aren't going to be posting any of the leaks on your site, why do you even need to spoil yourself if you'd rather go into the game fresh?
Because I still need to operate our Twitter and Facebook accounts until then. I really don't get a choice, because people will be sending the content to us anyway.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
By middle evolutions... maybe he means alternate evolutions from an earlier form? So instead of a weird middle ground between Growlithe and Arcanine we get a Growlithe evo standing on two legs or something. Bad example, but you see my point. Much like Politoed really.

More alts would be cool, but I wouldn't like new in-betweens. Hell, make a Scyther alt.

Bwahaha has it fuck. Like a leak never happened in Japan before, and doesn't happen for loads of games that launch in multiple countries at once.

It leaks usually 1-2 days in advance in Japan, 3 at most. One and a half weeks will be unacceptable. They already tightened up the NDAs and regulations on this game compared to BW and it only made it worse.

Yeah, because people in Japan never leak anything.

This was a test run to see if they were viable. Guess what? Japan has never had a store selling the games this early.

Azure J

Not sure if true, but someone on Pokebeach posted this:

It kinda goes along with the other guys leaks, and he posted about Combee before the guy with all the pics did.

All of the fucking rejoice if this is all true.

Arcanine man.

gc840ced3.png

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently someone's claiming TMs aren't reusable anymore. Would royally suck if true.

Symphonic

Like this might have just doomed a WW release ever happening again. That's how it feels.

Lol, Pokemon games in the past have leaked like 2/3 weeks ahead of the Japanese release date.

This was bound to happen, was just a question of when. Some store somewhere in the world was going to release it early.

It leaks usually 1-2 days in advance in Japan, 3 at most. One and a half weeks will be unacceptable. They already tightened up the NDAs and regulations on this game compared to BW and it only made it worse.

It's bad form for sure, and Nintendo will be tracking down where this came from. But it won't impact a worldwide release. Not one bit. Maybe they should be less draconian with their NDAs. I know you're very in touch with Japan, but when this sells as much as I think it will in a week and a half, none of this will matter.

Europe and USA usually know everything about a Pokemon game months before its release, not just over a week.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Hmm, I think that Dragonite pic is fake.

Looks like they probably edited the Charizard Mega Evolution or something with Dragonite.

Also, here's a thought...maybe they purposeful placed a bulk of the New Pokemon late game to serve as a buffer so, if the worldwide release plan had gone off without a hitch, the new ones wouldn't be spoiled as fast for areas getting it later?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
If Nintendo can't see the merits of a worldwide release over some petty honor thing I really have to doubt their business acumen.

DaBoss

Hmm, I think that Dragonite pic is fake.

Looks like they probably edited the Charizard Mega Evolution or something with Dragonite.

Also, here's a thought...maybe they purposeful placed a bulk of the New Pokemon late game to serve as a buffer so, if the worldwide release plan had gone off without a hitch, the new ones wouldn't be spoiled as fast for areas getting it later?

Yea, I think that is likely.

It's bad form for sure, and Nintendo will be tracking down where this came from. But it won't impact a worldwide release. Not one bit. Maybe they should be less draconian with their NDAs. I know you're very in touch with Japan, but when this sells as much as I think it will in a week and a half, none of this will matter.

Europe and USA usually know everything about a Pokemon game months before its release, not just over a week.

Lol, so it's there fault for not wanting info to get out...maybe they should just not give that store any copies. The difference will easily be made up in stores that actually follow the street date

A worldwide release made leaking THAT much more probable. It won't change anything, I doubt they care so much that they won't release WW anymore.

EDIT: The one downside of reusable TM's was that I put EQ on 5 out of my 6 pokemon in BW. Did not regret.

God dammit. You almost made me laugh out in class.
tumblr_mhhcj9fWBf1r5ni2qo1_250.gif

Because I still need to operate our Twitter and Facebook accounts until then. I really don't get a choice, because people will be sending the content to us anyway.
Ah, that makes sense then. Well, at the very least, you'll be in good company with everybody else on the ship that is "having literally every element of X & Y spoiled before release"!

I know it might not make sense, but sometimes Japan doesn't make sense. If they feel the whole launch has been too risky or they don't like that they can't control the information as much, I've seen stupider reasoning for decisions than that here.

At the least this guy only has a few hours at most before he gets a C&D request anyway. And the store he got it from will get into hot water.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
It can see that happening. Game Freak does what Game Freak wants.

Same thing with the Pokemon following you an removing L=A. Really hope they put it back this time, but I highly doubt it.

Eusis

Noooope ... Canada may be fucked and have to wait a week or something but everywhere else is following the rules!
And let's be honest: is this REALLY that undesirable of an outcome? Here we have people BUYING it a bit earlier than they wanted, versus people who'd get impatient and download the game and get some crude translation patch because they don't want to wait a few months. Granted that's not quite the option it was in the past, but still.

I know it might not make sense, but sometimes Japan doesn't make sense. If they feel the whole launch has been too risky or they don't like that they can't control the information as much, I've seen stupider decisions that to stop doing WW launches.

This guy only has a few hours at most before he gets a C&D request anyway.

Any instances where a game as big as Pokemon has had a worldwide launch only to then go back on that?

Good. Now bring back L=A Gamefreak.

+ Pokemon following you
+ Gameboy Player
+ Confirmation we can switch off Battle Animations

Cbajd5

I don't think this will doom a future Worldwide simultaneous release, but make such a release digital only. Code cards for stores before release, because they wouldn't work until the games are released on the eShop anyways.

Ship physical copies to retailers only after that point or whatever, but maybe give them some physical bonus people who didn't want the game ASAP would really like. (Maybe with the cards too.) Then proceed to sell more copies because people would buy both to get the benefits of both.

Ah, that makes sense then. Well, at the very least, you'll be in good company with everybody else on the ship that is "having literally every element of X & Y spoiled before release"!

Indeed. And if everyone else in that ship wants to pass on information about the store which broke street date to certain people who may know who to give the info to so that it gets to the right people.... ;)

-Horizon-

Any instances where a game as big as Pokemon has had a worldwide launch only to then go back on that?

+ Pokemon following you
+ Gameboy Player
+ Confirmation we can switch off Battle Animations

I thought every mainline game could switch off battle animations?

I can't believe how much more hyped I am for this gen in comparison to last gen. I wasn't hyped at all for Pokemon B&W yet I cannot wait to get my hands on this

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Ever since Ruby/Sapphire they'd have thousands of people playing the game early courtesy of ROMs. A much smaller group of people playing it early legitimately seems like a much better position for Nintendo to be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom